www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Lucid Dreams

Hi. This isnt really about a dream interpretation. Last night I had about 4 dreams where I knew I was dreaming and could actually think in my dream and control what I did? Is this a lucid dream? When I was awake I would close my eyes and a second later I was dreaming. They would only go for about 30 seconds or so but I would automatically wake up, and then I would go into another dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Lucid Dreams

Nathan,
    This is from Lucidity.com may help you with your questions about lucid dreaming.

Two observations led LaBerge in the late 1970s to develop morning napping as a method of lucid dream induction. First, he noticed that lucidity seemed to come easier in afternoon naps. The second suggestion same from several lucid dreamers who noted that certain activities during the night appeared to induce lucid dreaming. The diverse qualities of these interruptions: sex, vomiting, and pure meditation, piqued LaBerge's curiosity regarding what feature each might possess conducive to lucidity. The answer proved to be quite simple: wakefulness interjected during sleep increases the likelihood of lucidity. In fact, the nap technique, refined through several NightLight experiments, is an extremely powerful method of stimulating lucid dreams. The technique requires you to awaken one hour earlier than usual, stay awake for 30 to 60 minutes, then go back to sleep. One study showed a 15 to 20 times increased likelihood of lucid dreaming for those practicing the nap technique over no technique. During the wakeful period, read about lucid dreaming, practice reality checks and then do MILD as you are falling asleep. The Lucidity Institute's training programs include this technique as an essential part of the schedule, one of the reasons why most participants have lucid dreams during the session.

Although lucid dreaming can be fun to work with I am not a fan of such techniques. Dreams are a tool to help balance the life by sorting through the stresses and aspects that need conscious attention. Lucid dreaming takes away from that process. But it is still an unexplored area of dreams so perhaps there can be ways to enhance the compensation aspects that dreams provide.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard for the reply. I used the website that you gave me and I found it quite useful. Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14

I'd like to offer some thoughts about lucid dreaming, although I'm not certain about them at all. But lately I've dreamt lucidly with greater frequency, so I've tried to consider what may be the value of lucid dreaming.

And it seems to me that when a person begins the process of individuation, the first step is the confrontation with the shadow. And I don't know if people can will themselves to this stage or not. In my own experience, the confrontation with shadow seemed to be driven mostly by the unconscious, though I suppose I was ready for it on some level also. And the confrontation was not entirely pleasant. I had disturbing dreams to assess, behaviors to reevaluate, and new ways of thinking and looking at life to consider, but it was also a very fascinating time.

But when I began to honor neurotic symptoms as reflective of the voice of my soul, the relationship between my conscious mind and the unconscious began to change. No longer did the unconscious have to slap me in the ego to get my attention, because now I was actively seeking input from the unconscious; in a word, the relationship became COLLABORATIVE.

And I think this may be the key to effective Lucid Dreaming. When I realize I'm dreaming, it seems to me now as if the unconscious is saying, "I know you're seeking me out; what are you seeking?"

A lucid dream may well be a wide-open communcation channel between our conscious minds and the unconscious. If that's the case, then I'd think it would be a great time to ASK QUESTIONS. I read somewhere on this forum that dreams help us to discover deeper truths about ourselves, and I agree.

So I think that experimenting with flying, and trying to control the dream in other ways, is a completely incorrect approach to take. But what should we ask? That seems like a vast question to me, although the answer may be simple. I think we should consider that when asking a question during a lucid dream, we are performing an experiment, and the results will reveal something real about ourselves.

How would it be if we were to ask the dream to show us our deeper selves in some way? What if we asked the dream to show us the heart of all life, or the meaning of a symbol in the dream? The list still seems endless.

I'd be very interested to know the thoughts of others on this topic.

And good luck with your lucid dreams,
    Jim/Pryzm

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, Nashville

stats from 7-14-10 to the present