Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fire

Last night I had a dream that I went outside and there were all these little holes in the ground where the grass is. I went inside and called a friend of mine who lived down the street and she said she did not know what this could be from. At night when I went to sleep I smelled smoke and ran to the window, seeing fire come out of all these holes in the ground. I called the fire department and ran outside to the neighbor and it seemed like everyone had the same thing in their yard. What could this kooky dream mean? I am puzzled?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 massachusetts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Fire

Connie,
The dream may be describing...dreams. Your interest in dreams and dream interpretation could be a stimulus for looking into the universality of dreaming while sleeping.

Going outside could refer to your interest in dreams as not mainstream so on the outside or fringe of accepted society. The holes could be dreams as conscious connection to unconscious content. Fire may represent dreams as illumination. The friend could be recent participation on the Forum, we are all friends here. Most are here working together learning about dreams, interpretation and life. The unconscious, night, sends messages through dreams to get your attention to waking and unconscious issues within. Dreams, and unconscious content, now have your attention. This attention offers an avenue to address unconscious content and thereby work to resolve issues. Nearly everyone has unconscious issues they are unaware exist and everyone dreams. It’s in everyone’s backyard…a universal pattern in human existence.

Please respond with your thoughts, even if the interpretation does not fit. It’s the dreamer’s thoughts that are most important when getting to the message of a dream…

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Kathy for your interpretation of my dream. I believe that maybe the fire in the dream represents what I have seen on tv lately in California..there are so many fires over there and maybe it has been registering in my subconscious due to fear on my part.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

connie,
Thank you for responding. The dream is probably addressing recent current events. I would only add the following from Jung's Man and His Symbols:

"The general function of dreams is to try to restore our psychological balance by producing dream material that re-establishes, in a subtle way, the total psychic equilibrium.

Thus, dreams may sometimes announce certain situations long before they actually happen. This is not necessarily a miracle or form of precognition. Many crises in our lives have a long unconscious history. We move toward them step by step, unaware of the dangers that are accumulating. But what we consciously fail to see is frequently perceived by our unconsciousm which can pass the inforamtion on through dreams."

In this dream, where there is smoke, there is fire...could the dream also describe some underlying issue in your life, buried below conscious perception, that threatens to surface. Some telltale warning sign the unconscious has picked up on yet conscious is 'unaware'?

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Kathy for your response. Who knows...maybe there is some underlying issue involved. Right now I am trying to decide who I should live with. There are two men both in different states that would like me to be with them....and if your wondering about money lol..I have none! I am disabled and don't have much; but am happy that I have five grown kids that are doing well.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present