Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Emotional Dream

This dream was very emotional and happened just before I woke up. I have to give some history on it for it to make more sense so please bare with me.
Two years ago a young guy in my church back in my hometown named Dionne, was caught being involved in a kidnapping. He was coerced by some older police officers of his unit and now is in a lifetime of trouble. He is taller than I am, darker, noiser than I am...not as good looking as I am LOL.

When I was a teenager I was robbed while trying to retrieve my school notbook from a dry river. I was surrounded by 8 or so guys from a neighboring school at knife point then robbed and beaten.

So in my dream I am at home with my mother and stepfather in their house. Dionne is staying there and his disposition is more like that of a child instead of the grown man he is today. I am fuming at him because I got robbed and he was a part of it (note in real life he had nothing to do with it) and here he is staying in what used to be in my room! I am just walking around like everything's okay until I get Dionne in my parent's room and then I lose it. I throw him on to their bed and I begin to slap him. I told him "you were there you little #^$% and you saw me get robbed and you didn't even say anything to help me, you just stood there and watched me get beat because you only wanted to fit in with your friends. How could you do that? And I began to punch him. "And you couldn't gather the courage to say something, how could you watch something like that happen and not say anything?" And I thought to myself how could you see someone getting beaten and robbed, that you knew and, who didn't do anything, and remain silent, how much of a coward could this boy really be?

As I thought that thought, I picked him up from the bed like I would a 5 year old and he began to cry and I just said over and over again I forgive you. I felt my anger leave. Just vanish and it turned into compassion. Then I saw an image of him in the mirror, he looked like a 5 year old child with extremely long hair, and as I turned away my sister, stepfather and mother entered the room.

Thanks for this service guys I appreciate all the help you give

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Orlando fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Emotional Dream

Jamel,
This dream may be connected to your prior dream. Often dream characters represent the dreamer. They are you, you are them. Normally it's a specific trait of the character that your Psyche identifies with. Something similar in personality or behaviour.

Is there something going on at work that you don't agree with? That doesn't mesh with your moral code? Is there some situation you feel pressure from others to go along with yet is wrong for you, may lead down a path you do not want to travel?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Work is becoming more political and sometimes I'd just like to walk away. I do not know if that's where all this is coming from. I am in school...don't want to be there either but its free so how could one pass up such an opportunity? I can say one thing for sure, if there is something that can blind you from your heart's desire it is fear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Orlando fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jamel,
Thank you for providing personal information. This personal information is vital to dream interpretation. In my posts I usually include descriptions of people I know in waking life that appear as dream characters. When interpreting dreams with known characters defining them is a good starting point in my interpretations. And leads to a more accurate interpretation.

In your prior post, we discussed evaluation and action. The unconscious can present issues in snipets, a much as a Psyche can understand and work with at a particular moment. Like climbing a ladder, each step is successive leading to another. Or acts in a play.

Perhaps this dream describes repressed negative issue(s) and a need for self forgiveness to resolve such. Traumatic childhood events like you were subjected to can lead to skewed unconscious perceptions of self guilt, loathing, etc. Even though you were the victim this negative perception can and does sometimes develop. Victims of abuse, in what ever form, often feel self blame.

In this dream your friend resides in your house with your family, in your room. Add this to anger (in the dream) and it may equal some internalized anger, anger within directed at Self. Note the demoralzing verbalizations directed at Dionne. Could this be inner condemnation from the actual attack?

Five can indicate change. In this dream it may symbolize change of perception of the incident brings healing. Crying may be a need to release from those inner negative thoughts and emotions, emotional release. Forgiveness in Self for Self, and perhaps for those that injured you. For understanding there was nothing you could do to protect yourself. You held no responsibility for the attack or resulting physical, emotional and mental injuries thrust upon you. This could disolve the anger and hence turn to compassion.

The reflection is possibly the image of the true Self, the innocent child unspoiled by a negative Self image. Note the continuing theme of three you mentioned in the prior post is apparent in this dream, too. sister, stepfaterh and mother...three. Three is sometimes symbolic for incomplete. Four for completeness, or integration. Resolving this issue integrating the inner child can heal this injury to the Psyche...The ending of this dream is positive.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Kathy,

First of all thanks for that detailed interpretation. I've gained a lot of knowledge from it and I believe that you've struck a few chords with many things. I am not sure how much of an impact that event had in my life, I know and knew then I couldn't do anything, however, the event still did bring a lot of anger and it was tied in with other things going on in life. I think anger and those negative emotions have the same origin, and therefore tie together in my mind, forming a pattern.

Whatever was forgiven I am glad, and it has come around on some serious changes in my thinking over the past few weeks that has been extremely beneficial to me. I will continue to operate as such since I believe the dream was a reflection of that new stream of thought, and I thank you once again for taking the time to unravel things for me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Orlando fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present