Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Predicting events

When I was younger, I foresaw many events through dreams e.g. an old friend I'd lost contact with moving back into town. I haven't had any of these types of dreams in years and would like to get them back. I just found an article on keeping a dream journal. The author mentions many benefits including making dreams more lucid. It sounds like a great start. Does anyone keep a dream journal?

http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22201/27317/?CMP=KNC-DC_YSM_6

(Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste. Not sure how to post a link)
-Sophie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 in Seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femail

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Not on this site

Re: Predicting events

Sophie,
Yes, I keep a dream journal. Although lately I've been in a cycle of no dream recall - maybe due to work demands.

I find a dream journal is very helpful in my Self work. I continue to review past dreams, even many years past, for additional or more in depth meaning.

I plan to post my 2006 journal (without interptations) on my site in a few weeks. Although those with some knowledge of Jung will know of my personal battles...resulting losses and victories ...darkness and light.

Well...what's a little insanity between friends?!

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Sophie - The article on journaling dreams has got me totally psyched! I'm starting mine in the morning.

Kathy - Looking forward to your 2006 journal. Seems awfully brave. I'm not sure I could open up like that.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Denver

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Sophie,
Having learned that understanding dreams,
and interpreting them correctly, requires a developed
intuitive aspect, I suggest you concentrate on working your intuitive mind if you wish to regain those talents you once possessed. It may be that when you were younger and less ego oriented the intuitive aspect came naturally. But as you grew older and accumulated baggage {one big difference between dreams of an older person and a younger person is the older person has much more experience in life, and much more baggage to carry} you have placed that intuitive aspect on the back burner. Perhaps by asserting its power {you still possess this powerful aspect, it just needs to be revived} through conscious intent will bring it back to its rightful place.

Some background experience of my own that may reinforce this belief. I have been studying dreams and the psyche since 1992. Being a man my intuitive aspect is not supposed to be that prevalent. But with each passing year that intuitive aspect has developed and my ability to read dreams has also. It is because I work with the intuitive aspect that is grows. Just with any skill that needs to be developed, it requires conscious practice to enhance the ability. If I can develop my intuitive skills {a feminine aspect of the anima} then imagine what a female could do who already possesses a highly developed intuitive aspect. Working with dreams is an excellent way to develop this most powerful aspect. And keeping a dream diary is an excellent way to go about working with dreams.

But there is one other element that I suggest to incorporate into your dream work. And that is Carl Jung and his psychology of the dream. When you work with dreams you are working with the psyche. The psyche is the psychology of the individual, as well as the collective {Jung's archetypes}. There is no one who has provided greater insights to the dream world, or the psyche, than Jung. And I also suggest you use Joseph Campbell as a primer and companion to Jung. Symbols and metaphor, dreams and myth, they are all intertwined.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Notice
After a dream has been interpreted, a follow-up response to the interpretation is requested. This will help both the dreamer and the interpreter better understand the dream message. All interpretations are FREE and the only compensation we ask is your participation in the process of understanding your

dream

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

This is so great to hear, i have those types of dreams physic dreams and have had them all my life. i'm just hopless at writting them down.

one thing i have learnt black and white not to worry to much about. and colour pay attention.

Some helpfull hints.

to dream of past lives: wear an opal or sleep wit one under your pillow and works well for inducing dreams of prpr incarnations.

to recall dreams: place red jasper on the headboard or nightstand before you sleep.

to dream of true love: tuck five bay leaves in your pillow case on alentine's day to bring dreams of your true love.

if you are interested in more please feel free to email me on gannonjames.holmes@bigpond.com

enjoy the gift GJ

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Darwin Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks for all your help. I'll keep checking back for updates. I'll also check back for a dream evaluation once my journal is a bit more established.

Thanks again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 in Seattle

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Not in this forum

stats from 7-14-10 to the present