Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A dream about her pregnancy

Basically, a friend of mine found out she was pregnant(she is going through a slow miscarrage at the moment though.) She said on the night she found out she was pregnant, she had a dream. In this dream, she dreamt that I was the father and that "everybody was happy." Then she found out that I had got another girl pregnant as well, and she woke up.

For a little background info we used to be really into one another, but we were never acutally in a relationship because she was scared at the time. We had..I guess a heart connection.

She has a "dream book" which said she still had feelings for me but wasn't aware/denying them to herself. Any other takes on this one? And what is the significance of the other girl/second pregnancy? Any thoughts?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Derby(UK)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A dream about her pregnancy

BodomAfterMidnight,
First of all it is important to understand that dreams of being pregnant may or may not be addressing an actual pregnancy. Here are some suggestions from Soul Future's dream dictionary.

-Dreaming of being pregnant may indicate incubating a new project, relationship or cycle within
-Manifesting your desires
-A guidance dream heralding an actual pregnancy
-A desire to be pregnant

If we take the first suggestion and look at the actual relationship between you and her, the fact that you have developed a relationship of 'friendship' and not a romantic one may fit with the dream. This would be the pregnancy in the dream where everyone is happy, the new and happy relationship between the two of you.

Perhaps she does have deeper 'feelings' for you there is the disappointment that you have gotten another girl pregnant {which in itself would represent a new relationship with someone else and not a real pregnancy}.

Dreams are about the emotions of the dreamer, the fears, desires and actual events from the past, present and future of the dreamer {dreams compensate but seldom predict}. From the science of psychology Jung and others have discovered the language of dreams. But they also have discovered that different people have different meanings for the same symbols. The universal symbols, Jung's archetypes, are those common, inherent emotional expressions shared by all. Personal dreams {which younger people such as yourself} tend to focus on the outer life first {you are still developing an 'ego-presence', you are looking ahead}. For older people it is reversed, the dream will more often focus on the inner life with the outer life being secondary {older people have already gone through the stages and are looking back}.

So the meaning of her dream has many possibilities. If I could ask her questions about her personal life I am confident I, and she, would find an answer to her dream. It is psychology after all and a 'couch' is often required to find the answers.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

"{which in itself would represent a new relationship with someone else and not a real pregnancy}."

Any chance of elaborating on that for me? That lost me.

Thank you for your reply. Interesting. I use the term friend quite loosely, the relationship between us has always been un-natural for freindship. It's always been emotional and flirtatious(in a way that always suggested something more. If that makes sense?) We actually work together, and rarely see each other out of work.

What kind of questions might you ask? Think she would like to know what her dream means.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Derby(UK)

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

BodomAfterMidnight,
Pregnancy would be a metaphor for something new, the new relationship with you that is not of the romantic kind but of a friendship instead. There may have been ideas of a romantic relationship at one time but now she is more comfortable with the friendships label {that would be the pregnancy- the new development in the relationship}. She may feel more comfortable about you because of new realizations {could your net identity have anything to do with that, BodomAfterMidnight?

If your friend would like more info about her dreams it is best she post them here at the Forum. Verbatim of the wording of a dream is most important and she is able to do that better than if from a second hand account.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present