Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day Dreaming

Everything has some symbolism, when we are dreaming, is the main language, but i think it is also like that when we are awake. Usually, people who stand mostly on his left leg, are people who depend much on his/her mother in some sense. Left means our feminine(Passive) side and right means our masculine(Active) side. Theres so much symbolism in our everyday life and our daily events can also be interpreted. What do you think about it? what other symbolisms do you recognize?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 mexico

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Day Dreaming

Oneiros,
You are correct about symbolism in our daily lives. But what needs to be understood and differentiated is the symbolism opposed to signs. I came across this explaination that may provide a better understanding.

SIGNS: These are objects or ideas that point to something clearly. Examples: An advertisement, a road sign, the weather showing portents of rain.

SYMBOLS: These 'could be' linked to signs (hence the tendency to interchange the meaning of the two terms). However, their meanings are deeper. Symbols are reflections of something more profound than itself. Example: The sun is a symbol for something more than itself – it "symbolizes" warmth, creativity, and power.

If you seeking symbolism in your life that may define aspects about yourself a stop sign would not necessarily apply. But on the other hand there may be forces at work that will use a stop sign a symbolism as to what direction you may need to take in some aspect of life. But I would not look a every stop sign and think it means 'to stop' at evey turn. Insetad I would seek symbolisms that are inherent and universal, from the psyche. Native Americans use symbols as a way of life. Look at the following:

Native American symbols offer us a complete and reverent language of life, nature, and spirit. This language is unmatched in it's depth and power.
This language derives it's power from the fact that American Indians viewed all things - whether seen or touched - living or inanimate - as possessors of a spirit.

Further, they recognize that everything in the universe holds a deeper meaning. As a result, all objects and beings deserve one's attention and respect. Therefore, Native American symbol meanings are an integral part of the Indian life.

Native American symbols bring concepts to mind that surpass words. These pictographs convey profound beliefs and perceptions.

To a Native American a stop sign would be just that, a stop sign. Deeper forces control their power to understand symbolism in life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Day Dreaming

Exactly, i meant symbolism. Also about disease, it depends on how it manifest, it could mean something else. For example, just recently i got fever for a week, i couldnt find a reason, so i looked deeper and i remembered that i had such thoughts as "Staying in this house is making me sick" or "I hate this house". Exactly in this period of my life, i feel like leaving my house, and i just hava made excuses not to, so i did not obey my inner will, then staying it the house it really did "sick" me. Also i have seen that in friends. A friend of mine gets kind of nausea when her mother visits her. She is always saying that her precense "Sophocates" her, so the uncounciouss takes it literally and when next to her mother, she gets the feeling of not breathing and gets nausea.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 mexico

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present