www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    dead mother in law

I dreampt that my dead mother in law of three weeks walking down a dirt road. She was very ill at the time of her death and didnt walk well.In the dream she is walking with a cain and it was so sunny out ,like a brightness Ive never seen before. Behind her there were five small children laughing and playing ,wich I have lost four of my own and one other in the family , about twenty yards behind her was my nephew walking slowly. ( he is still alive.)Then i see her talking to two men in black suits, still on this dirt road and the face of my nephew flashes before me.Ineed to know if she is trying to tell me something, Please Help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Erie,Pa.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dead mother in law

Hi Christine

well the issue of whether or not yr grandmother is trying to tell you something is a matter that you will have to decide.
    There are a few things that (from a Jungian perspective) seem to be true about dreams:
    - are always truthful
    - we can learn a lot about ourselves and the world through our dreams
    - they often speak at different levels, with different meanings,
    - dreams will only give us what we can handle.

So to your dream:
    Did you notice the sunshine? the light ,,, 'a brightness I've never seen before'. The children playing ,,,

This dream could be giving you some clues as to the big picture of things ,,, a bit like a panorama of life as it pertains to you, your family and what happens after death.
    In this dream, your mother in law could be seen as a crone (a wise old woman) - she is on the path, a dirt path ,,, that is the real authentic path not one covered over. We are all on this path, some knowingly, others unconsciously (most people). Dead or alive we, as spirit are somewhere on this path.

I guess what you are asking is this a dream of permanition.
    These dreams seem to occur ,,, rarely to very few people.
    Another take may be to consider what were your true feelings to you m-i-l ,,, and also to your nephew. Do these people have personality traits in common with your ? or just the opposite.
    There may be clues for you in this.
    Remember the dream is from you to you ,,, it can help to 'doodle' your thoughts on paper as you reflect

My take ? the dream is showing you that in death there is progress on the path, great light and playfulness

take care
    Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Christine,
    It is not what your deceased mother in law is trying to say to you, it is what you are trying to say to yourself using her as a tool of communication. Her death is probably the central message of the dream. I come to this conclusion because of the 5 children who also have passed. The focus of the dream seems to be death.

The inclusion of your slow walking nephew may be a fear he too is not healthy or is actually addressing real health issues {is he healthy?}. The men in black suites probably represents your unconscious. The face of your nephew probably goes back to your concerns {albeit unconscious} about his health.

Do you have fears about your nephews health? That may be the intent of the dream, to focus the emotional effect of his health to those other members of your family who have died.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard and Justin, Thank you for taking the time to explain the dream to me. I have to say it was weighing on me very heavily , Thank you again. Christine Lucchetti.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: dead mother in law

Hi Christine

I am sure I speak for Gerard also - we are happy to offer some clues to what dreams mean ,,,,

Can I ask, from your perspective, as your life is now and for what is going on for you, what feelings arose when your read the interpretations ? What are your thoughts - soes what was interpreted fit or not with what is going on for you ?

all the best
    JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Justin, Thank you for responding . There isnt much going on in my life at the momment , except losing a very special person in our lives. I have to tell you that I experience OBE,s quite often and have astro plain quite a bit. Some of my experiences have really scared me. Ive been reading alot as much as I can. I have been told Im very mystical and spiritual. Ive seen spirits and have heard them. The night before my mother in law died I heard a series of knocks and i have heard them again. I keep a dream journal and I scare myself sometimes when I read them back to myself.Sometimes well alot of times Im usually right about the things that come too me. so my dream of my mother in law gave me an uneasy feeling about my nephew. I have OBEs that would scare the life out of most people.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present