Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dead mother in law

I dreampt that my dead mother in law of three weeks walking down a dirt road. She was very ill at the time of her death and didnt walk well.In the dream she is walking with a cain and it was so sunny out ,like a brightness Ive never seen before. Behind her there were five small children laughing and playing ,wich I have lost four of my own and one other in the family , about twenty yards behind her was my nephew walking slowly. ( he is still alive.)Then i see her talking to two men in black suits, still on this dirt road and the face of my nephew flashes before me.Ineed to know if she is trying to tell me something, Please Help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Erie,Pa.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dead mother in law

Hi Christine

well the issue of whether or not yr grandmother is trying to tell you something is a matter that you will have to decide.
There are a few things that (from a Jungian perspective) seem to be true about dreams:
- are always truthful
- we can learn a lot about ourselves and the world through our dreams
- they often speak at different levels, with different meanings,
- dreams will only give us what we can handle.

So to your dream:
Did you notice the sunshine? the light ,,, 'a brightness I've never seen before'. The children playing ,,,

This dream could be giving you some clues as to the big picture of things ,,, a bit like a panorama of life as it pertains to you, your family and what happens after death.
In this dream, your mother in law could be seen as a crone (a wise old woman) - she is on the path, a dirt path ,,, that is the real authentic path not one covered over. We are all on this path, some knowingly, others unconsciously (most people). Dead or alive we, as spirit are somewhere on this path.

I guess what you are asking is this a dream of permanition.
These dreams seem to occur ,,, rarely to very few people.
Another take may be to consider what were your true feelings to you m-i-l ,,, and also to your nephew. Do these people have personality traits in common with your ? or just the opposite.
There may be clues for you in this.
Remember the dream is from you to you ,,, it can help to 'doodle' your thoughts on paper as you reflect

My take ? the dream is showing you that in death there is progress on the path, great light and playfulness

take care
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Christine,
It is not what your deceased mother in law is trying to say to you, it is what you are trying to say to yourself using her as a tool of communication. Her death is probably the central message of the dream. I come to this conclusion because of the 5 children who also have passed. The focus of the dream seems to be death.

The inclusion of your slow walking nephew may be a fear he too is not healthy or is actually addressing real health issues {is he healthy?}. The men in black suites probably represents your unconscious. The face of your nephew probably goes back to your concerns {albeit unconscious} about his health.

Do you have fears about your nephews health? That may be the intent of the dream, to focus the emotional effect of his health to those other members of your family who have died.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard and Justin, Thank you for taking the time to explain the dream to me. I have to say it was weighing on me very heavily , Thank you again. Christine Lucchetti.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: dead mother in law

Hi Christine

I am sure I speak for Gerard also - we are happy to offer some clues to what dreams mean ,,,,

Can I ask, from your perspective, as your life is now and for what is going on for you, what feelings arose when your read the interpretations ? What are your thoughts - soes what was interpreted fit or not with what is going on for you ?

all the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Justin, Thank you for responding . There isnt much going on in my life at the momment , except losing a very special person in our lives. I have to tell you that I experience OBE,s quite often and have astro plain quite a bit. Some of my experiences have really scared me. Ive been reading alot as much as I can. I have been told Im very mystical and spiritual. Ive seen spirits and have heard them. The night before my mother in law died I heard a series of knocks and i have heard them again. I keep a dream journal and I scare myself sometimes when I read them back to myself.Sometimes well alot of times Im usually right about the things that come too me. so my dream of my mother in law gave me an uneasy feeling about my nephew. I have OBEs that would scare the life out of most people.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present