Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring dream symbols

Two nights in a row I have had two different dreams that both contained the same three symbols:

1. Something odd happening to my shoes

In the first dream my sneakers were filled with muddy water and dead leaves and I was trying to clean them.

In the second dream I ripped off a thick layer from the heavy sole of a pair I don't really like because I get so tall wearing them.

2. Tombstones/graveyards

In the first dream I recieved a message from a friend on some tombstones surrounding a house in my childhood neighbourhood. The message said something about a fall in the past down through a very strange terrain.

In the second dream I was walking around on a large and beautiful graveyard, and there were trees in blossom and it was very special because some of the graves were situated on a very steep hill.

3: Blinded by sunlight

In the first dream I wanted to take my little daughter outside to dance with her in the sun, so I took her clothes off and we went out, but then I couldn't open my eyes because of the bright sunlight.

In the second dream I am halfway awake and lying on the couch where I am sleeping and I am dreaming that I can't open my eyes because the light is too bright.

I really wonder what these symbols could mean, and it seems quite important that I get them since they occured two nights in a row..
The third symbol I mentioned, not beeing able to open my eyes because of bright sunlight, is something I have dreamt many, many times before- ever since I was a child. I would really like to get a interpretation from one of the interpretors running this site. The first dream is also posted earlier in its full length under the title Mud in my shoes..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Recurring dream symbols

Hi Inanna

there is a lot to respond to here; my intention is to just start things off.

As you probably know, dreams usually carry many levels of meaning. As you are asking about the meanings of these symbols I would like to link the symbols themselves.

Shoes - tombstones/graveyards - blinding light

These are all symbols of the spiritual path. They all relate to fundamental aspects of the spiritual path.

The shoes - sole - soul ,,, removing layers of yourself that make you appear too big (over-inflated, not what you really are)

Tombstones/ graveyards: death ,,, the big question / unknown of life. The beauty and new life (trees in blossom) even in the midst of death.

Blinding Light: there are references to this throughout spiritual literature (Saul / Paul was struck down, in the Bhagvad Gita (Hindu) the nature of God is revealed and the man is unable to look at it ,, it goes on).

So what does all this have to do with you ,,,, ???
Well, this would be a great pont to contemplate for your thoughts ,,,
Some thoughts - these dream symbols are cosmological in nature ,, they reflect the way things are in the Universe. That is - the dreams (the Universal unconscious in this case) is showing to you / explaning to you / revealing to you the underlying themes of the Universe.
On a personal level ,,, why you ? why not ,,, you are human too and just as connected to the deepest themes of the Universe as any of us.
,,,,,,,,, on a the level of personal archetypes - I would guess that you are a person with a strong sense of spirituality ,,,

I'd love to hear your thought
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thank you, Justin, your response meant a lot to me. I agree in your interpretation, because I recognize these aspects in my life.
I am working hard to let go of some negative patterns that are holding me back from becoming who I want to be. It feels like going through death in many ways, facing the uncertainty of what's on the other side of my anxieties. Although it sometimes is a very frigthening and lonely prosess, I also feel that I'm making place for the new as I tear down the old. But in the midst of this chaos it is hard to see, and maybe we are not meant to see, the light, representing the force behind these things.

It has been a long inner prosess for me, and my dreams have been showing me direction in many ways in the past..

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Inanna

thanks for your feedback,

there are other symbols in the dreams that might be interesting.
* I am not sure if the language your are writing in (English) changes the meaning of things, however the word sneakers (rather than runners, sports shoes ,,) ,,, sneaking around the issues quietly ,,,

* the dead leaves ,, a natural process where things fall away
* the muddy water ,, things that are not clear; also water represents feelings and the unconscious; and chakra 2 ,,, our relationships a the broad sense
* tombstones around a childhood house ,,, ? leaving the beliefs of childhhod behind ,,,?
* the very steep hill ,,, yes the path is steep ,,,

** being blinded by the brightness of the light - interests me because it could have multiple interpretations. Light is spirit - so you could be leaning too much towards spirit (air/ up ,,, disembodiment)
*dancing with yr daughter in the sunlight - well, your daughter (new life, a fresh start ,,) this could represent you of course. Naked - living (life as a dance) in your true nature. I think you get the picture

It is useful to take heart in the overall direction of the energy in your dreams ,, light and new life ,,,

Another tip - befriend your inner self, it is our companion on the journey

namaste
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi again.
I've spent some time thinking about your interpretation and the interconnection that seems to be between these dreams. As I mentioned, in the second dream, there were trees in blossom on the graveyard, but now I suddenly remembered that there were also trees with beautifully coloured atumn leaves that made up that special scenery. Imagine red and yellow leaves on some trees and white flowers on others, like it was spring and fall at the same time.
In the first of the two dreams my shoes were filled with dead leaves, and I recieved a message in that dream that I had fallen down a steep and strange terrain in the past. Maybe this refers to the steep hill on the graveyard in the second dream? It is very exciting when these riddles occur, it feels like getting a peek behind the bordres of time and place...

Thank you for giving your thoughts

Inanna

stats from 7-14-10 to the present