Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

Hi all,

This dream has me worried. The beginning is confusing and I don't understand it, and the part at my parent's house is disconcerting, to say the least:

I am talking to a friend for a long time after returning from travels and trying to meet up. I'm then in a bookstore and there is something about a travel visa waiting for a woman at a doctor's office.

Now, I'm at my parent's house. A murder has taken place on my street, there is danger. I have to protect the house. I have a new square wooden dining room table that is low and close to the floor, in the living room, great for entertaining guests.

I am cleaning up, organising the house.

I'm in the dining room and I'm with a famous actor. (He died last year in real life.) I hug him. He is manly, beautiful. I'm in love. I'm so happy in his arms.

Suddenly, I notice the deck has a new lock in the sliding glass door plus another sturdy glass window on the inside, which magically appeared. The door was unlocked. I leave the actor, we were talking. I was complaining about the noise the people upstairs were making having sex. I ask him if it bothers him too.

I go to close the window, knowing my mother left it open. I saw people, two women and a man on the deck. I don't trust them. I remember what happened on the street. I am scared. They come under the guise of selling cell phones. One of them was near the sliding glass door, to see if there was an open way they could enter the house, through the back. I try to lock the door. The actor goes out to see what they want. They try to give me a phone. I don't let them inside the house.

End of Dream.

I felt tension when I saw them on the deck and when I realised the door is unlocked. This dreams seems familiar. I have had other dreams of being pursued at home and trying to lock people out or keep people out of my house. There is always a sense of fear, and dread. I am wondering if these people represent shadow aspects that need to be integrated or dangerous aspects that should be kept out. I ask this because I feel the dream, like the one when I got out of my dream house by bending iron bars that were impossible to bend, is telling me to keep my boundaries up, since in this dream I succeed in keeping them out and in the other dream I have to physically escape the dream house to get away from the pursuers. Or, maybe these are aspects that I need to accept. Because of the lack of clarity, I am even more worried. The best way I can describe the people on the deck is creepy. I understand the house as my psyche, how then can I understand the street and what took place on it………

All input on this dream is welcome.
Thanks everyone,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

seems to be a dream about keeping out people or influences posing as communicators with your sub..

who is the actor?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Re: scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.... keeping out people or influences posing as your subconscious. This is interesting, I agree with it but I'm not sure who or what those people are but now I am sure that they are elements that are not in my best interests.

I can't figure out what it means to dream of murder in my street...any ideas there?

the actor was Ahmad Zaki, he was a famous Egyptian actor who died of Leukemia last year, he's like the Rock Hudson of the Middle East, in a way.

Thanks again,
May

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

Is there a tension between old social values and modern social values in you?

I looked up the actor, and he was a famous comedian, and impersonator. That a man was killed in your street and an comedian is in your house may mean that you don't feel that the male aspect in your life is adequate.

The visa in the doctors office is interesting in that it seems to mean that an aspect of you needs official permission to move on in your life, and you seem to have given this permission within yourself.

Being in your parents house may mean that you are still living within the confines of your parents old views. You still seek their apporval to feel good. You fear moving beyond those boundaries cause the world beyind those boundaries is unknown to you. You fear kletting in others into your subconscious, especially imposters. Btu, it kind of seems that in your parents house all others are imposters of one form or another. This may be because you have not grown out of your shell yet. You are still living within the confines of your parents approval and not growing fully as a person and making your own choices.

There is an aspect of you allowing for some latent influences or the potential for it. But you are struggling with this, in fear.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

Hi Carlos,

First of all, I want to just tell you your dream interpretation skills are fabulous. You picked up on things that are really relevant.

yes, absolutely there is tension between old social values and modern social values. Being of two cultures, east and west, i've always had to cope with the different value systems, and fair to say the eastern one is usually 'old', the west, 'new.'

When I thought of Ahmad Zaki before your post, I always remembered the serious roles he played, like war hero or boxing champ, yet my favorite movies or plays with him were in fact comedies, and i guess my unconscious picked up on that and the idea of him being a comedian and impersonator is telling me something about how i'm relating to the masculine or animus energies inside. Interestingly, another actor I had dreams of was adel imam and he is definitely a comedian, and he's the one I met on my UN tour in the middle east, as he is the goodwill ambassador for the UN.

So, actually its a common dream theme for me to dream of comedian and impersonating actors. This is really telling me something about my animus. I guess maybe I feel my animus is a bit of a joke....maybe I'm feeling let down. It makes sense what you wrote.

I agree also with the visa interpretation. For me a visa is a gateway to travel new horizons, but officially.

I have lots and lots of dreams of being in my parents house. I would not be surprised if I had a lot of unconscious emotional baggage especially outdated cultural values i inherited from my parents that are only holding me back, especially regarding my relatonship with my animus, further development of my own femininity, my ideals for marriage, and my place in the world.

Although to my credit, I have to say I have always been independent and have always made my own choices, but perhaps they were a reaction or the opposite of what my parent's would have wanted. Although I tried to be true to myself. In a way I think I can't put all my life choice into a single category. Some were made for me, some for approval and some to rebel. I wonder though if my dreams are trying to show me that unconsciously I am following my parent's dictates somehow.....

Your take on my dreams is interesting. I'd like to hear more.

Thank you Carlos,

may

Re: Re: Re: scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

thank you for the compliments.

the struggle with the old and the new is a common struggle we all have in one way or another. If it is not east west, it is just the values of the parent's time in the past, as opposed to today's values.

There is definately more to overcome when it has to do with a totally different culture in a different part of the world and a different time period. Not only are you overcoming space (distance) but you are also trying to overcome a generational gap. So, you have your work cut out for you.

I think your animus has been heavily influenced by the old customs and a part of you sees the old custome as comedic and not realistic. This is no shock or surprise as you have live in a different place and time. So, you must have the courage to overcome those old values and create a new set of values that are appropriate to your situation; otherwise you are putting as square peg in a round hole: no pun intended. .

Anyway, being that I am not home now I can't give further review to your dream now, but thank you again for the wonderful compliment. I will see if I can pick anything else out later.

Re: Re: Re: Re: scary dream/ repeating theme of being pursued

Thanks Carlos.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present