Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
falling

Along time ago I had a dream where I was falling but this one is different...I was walking through this path in back of my friends house when I heard a weird sound coming from the brush. I started walking faster then turned around to see this apelike creature starring at me. When I started running,he picked up the pace and started walking faster. All of a sudden I fell in this huge hole in the ground; but sprouted wings where I was not hurt when I reached the bottom. I woke up after this dream. What could this all mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 massachusetts

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: falling

seems like you are able to get out of trouble, or you are confident of it. the aoelike creature is some undeveloped aspect of you that is trying to cause you to digress as a person. Or maybe it is trying to integrate with you. YOu seem not to want to.
It is part of your past. perhaps you were a little uncouth or wild in the past, and are now more developed.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Connie,
Carlos offers a practical possibility to your dream. The apelike creature would represent a masculine aspect but to exactly the context is the question. Regression is a possibility {psyche - inferior masculine to the superior feminine}, apelike condition. The hole in the ground {ground being your foundation} would suggest an opening of some type. Sprouting wings could symbolize a recovery.

I also see where a Freudian approach could explain the dream {sexual}. Go back to that period of time you had the dream and see if there is a possible relationship involving your sexual life. Three things I see within the dream that may suggest sexual connotations; brush, apelike creature, and hole. He picks up the pace while you are running. The whole dream has a Freudian edge to it.

There are other possibilities. Walking through the path could represent your path, your life. The ground could be an unconscious aspect, the hole being an opening, a realization. Wings {magical} would be the helping hands {as in the hero's helping hands of fate}.

Take the all possibilities offered and compare those to your life when you had the dream. Since you have remembered the dream for such a long period of time, the events/experiences that the dream was addressing left a big enough impression that it must some significance, more than just a passing experience. Let us know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Carlos and Gerard for your interpretations. I am starting to wonder if this dream has anything to do with the fact that when I was sixteen years old I was outside walking my dog and from a distance I heard this man say, "hello." Thinking it was Bruce the neighbor, I shouted out hi! I am nearsighted and when I started to walk over to this man I was horrifed that it was not Bruce. He said to me, "what is your dog's name and I said, "taffy" then he said, "what a nice name"...I said, "thanks" and started walking away from him. He shouted out, "hey, why don't you walk your dog this way? I said, "no, I prefer to go this way where there is light. (This happened around 8 at night) It so happens that my brother and his friend Mike were at the house and heard me talking loud so they came to the front door and asked me if anything was wrong. The man saw my brother and his friend and took off....where? who knows..I think he had a car parked down the street somewhere. The scary part about all this is that my mom went outside the next day to rake the leaves and she found a ballpein hammer right behind the bushes on the corner where he was standing.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

It doesn't sound like it, except in the respect that you could feel vulnerable now. these feelings could cause you spiral within yourself and become introverted. But, you have wings.

Did you guys report the incident to the police? He could have left finger prints on the hammer.
I also suggest you get glasses or contact lenses so that you can see people from afar. Contacts help a lot more with night vision than glasses.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Connie,

When did this dream occur? Was it closely following the real life incident at age 16? Or while in relationship with the ex?

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I remember having a dream years ago where I was falling through the clouds after having fallen off a mountain trail. At first I was scared but then I realized that if I just relaxed my mind and tried to embrace it that I could begin to control it. When the fear came back it felt uncontrollable but when I embraced it then I began to see other aspects more clearly.
Hope what it means comes clearer to you.

D

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 midwest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Thank you all for your interpretations. I did not have this dream at age 16 when the incident happened..it was when I was older. You had a very good point there Carlos about fingerprints on the hammer. These are things we should have thought about...but did not at the time. All of you have had very good interpretations about this dream.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present