Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lover in a Window

Hi there, I'm not one who normally remembers their dreams but this one I did and cannot get it off my mind!!! I am looking forward to having some sense made out of it...thank you so much in advance

The man I refer to in my dream was a man I used to be in a relationship with for 9 months which ended 4 months ago, we still see each other and talk at work but he had been seperated from his wife and family for a year when we together, his wife moved back to the province and he thought it was best to try and work it out. Here is my dream :

In my dream, I am standing in the middle of a room. There is a window I am looking towards, it has no curtains or blinds and it isa bright day. All of a sudden my ex is standing outside the window looking in a me. I remember he was wearing his favorite green shirt, I'm not sure of his expression. I was happy to see him standing there.

I walk over to the window and he is just standing there staring in at me. Next thing I know, he is no longer there but I realise I am in an apartment building about 10 storeys up and looking out at another apartment building across the street. I also remember thinking what could he have been standing on...it was a straight wall, no balcony or window ledge.

I look into an apartment window across the street from my window and there is my ex in a room with a few other people (his family?)and they are all walking around the room but he is not moving.

I don't remember anything more but this dream has been bothering me for 2 days now.

I hope someone can let me know their thought...thanks so much!!!

Rain

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Lover in a Window

The dream is trying to help you cope with the lose of your ex to his family. Right now it is on your mind, and you woneder what he is doing in his new life with his renewed relationship.

You have to move on although its not easy.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your insight. I thought myself that this is one of the meanings my dream was telling me but I thought there might be more to it than that...I guess sometimes things are really just simple?
Thank you,

Rain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

rain,

Thank you for including personal information with your dream. In addition to Carlos’ insight, dreams often hold multiple meaning, the following may be relevant.

Perhaps some animus issue is central to or at center of Self development. The Psyche now offers a clear unobstructed view bringing this to consciousness. Currently animus may be held apart from the central Self yet presented in a manner to attract you to develop, or further develop, this aspect for personal growth, or this is newly developing within. The first paragraph could identify an issue, the importance of such and exert influence to steer Self to examine the this.

The second paragraph may describe when examination is not from the center, central focus, but from the external, or ego, the central perspective or view disappears, is not there. The perspective of higher Self is required to gain an overall perspective of the issue, rising above limited ego perspective. The higher Self brings an encompassing view of animus which communicates without necessary foundation or grounding, or without proper support.

The final paragraph could illustrate the Nature of Self with family members symbolizing aspects of Self and each aspect a portion of the whole. While animus is part of the Self, perhaps yet remains in a state unable or unprepared to function or play it’s part in support of the complete living organism, Psyche.

Again, this may or may not or may not be relevant. When engaged in a relationship one can unconsciously hand over their animus, if female, or anima, if male, secondary aspect becoming reliant on the partner’s dominant aspect. When a relationship ends, rediscovery and development is at hand as one must again rely on their own secondary traits.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Just thought I'd give an update, if some dreams are at all giving an insight to the future and considering I do not remember them often, just yesterday I got a call, the friend in my dream lost a relative who died suddenly. Could be the family I saw walking around him while he was just standing there ...you never know .

Raina

no, i don't think so. they were alive and walking. far from dead. don't lose the true meaning of the dream following a what you think is a premonition.
I know its easier to believe that than to accept that its over, but be strong.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present