Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maze

In the dream, I am walking through a maze with high brownish walls and a white ceiling. I know that there is only one way out, and that I will get to it eventually, so I am not in a hurry to find the exit. I am walking at a steady pace, but at the same time, I am also wondering to myself why I would not just hurry up and find the exit. Then someone hurriedly walks past me, turns around to look at me, and I see that he is this guy I dated about 15 years ago.

I am quite surprised to see him and ask him how he has been, but it seems as if he is in a hurry. He tells me that he knows the way out and could get me there quickly, and tells me to follow him. He quickly starts walking away, and I think to myself "I am really in no rush to get to the door, so why don't I just keep my pace and follow him from a distance". But after a few turns in the maze, I realise that he is getting further and further away, so I start walking more quickly. Just as I lose sight of him around a corner, I realise that we have come to the final corridor. It is straight, but steeper. I look up and see that he has reached the door, and is almost half way out. He is waiting for me, so I start walking faster. He reaches out his hands, I take them, and he half helps, half pulls me through the door. I do not see exactly what is at the other side of the door because I woke up, but I remember seeing a very bright light outside, almost like walking into the sun.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated - thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Maze

Hi Haida

this is an archetypal type of dream - it describes the inner journey written about by so many mystics and found in so many texts.

Look up labyrinth in the dream dictionaries.

It also shows the role of your inner masculine 'knowing the way' towards the door ,,, to your True Self / True Nature ,,, the light at the end of the tunnel ,,, also described by so many in their near death experiences

you are being shown the way ,,, are you up to it ?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

You may be ready to repeat something from your past. It may be something that brings you out of an introverted state. Think what does your ex mean to you? what did he do that has lasted in your memory? why did you break up? or how did he help you achieve something.

A maze is the inner corridors of the subconscious, which you are processing and unraveling in the dream. you ain no hurry, but want to keep up regardless.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Dear Justin and Carlos,

Thank you both very much for your insights. I have been thinking quite a lot about this dream over the past days – the more I think about it, the more things come to mind. I have read your comments just now, and want to add mine right away while the thoughts are still fresh...

I have in fact been going through the most challenging, toughest 7-8 months of my life. My boyfriend of four years, with whom I was sharing a flat for the last three, walked out one day to be with someone else – I had to deal with the heartache, find a new place to live, still perform at work, and basically deal with the whole situation while feeling “pretty much alone”. The fact that he walked out only a few days after I had an important diagnostic surgery made it all the more difficult to deal with the whole thing. However, despite being extremely painful, those first few weeks started a new chain of events in my life (so to speak), the results of which I can only summarise as a truly enlightening experience.

After months of twice-weekly sessions with a psychotherapist, hours of discussions over the real meaning of life with friends, weeks of self-pity and wondering what I might have done to deserve so much pain (!), I have come to see and evaluate things slightly differently than before. With every “alternative” decision I made, my life started getting better and better. I am really enjoying this “inner journey” as Justin rightly put it, and feel that life has some much more to offer. I am excited about the whole thing, and can’t wait to see what else unravels.

The “ex-boyfriend” was possibly the biggest heartache I had lived through prior to this last break-up. With respect to your probe Carlos, I guess he signified being miserable for months, the pain of being dumped and the belief that I would never be happy again. However, as time passed, so did the pain, and there came a point where I practically forgot about the whole thing – until I saw him again in my dream 13 years later. I guess my basic interpretation of the dream would be my subconscious reminding me that I have “survived” before, and that I will again, if I choose to do so. “This too shall pass” and there is light at the end of the tunnel. This dream made me feel good – had it been a movie trailer, I would have expected to see a Tyler Durdenesque “the power is within you” frame every few photo frames. I felt “empowered” and also encouraged to continue exploring my own maze.

Thank you both again for the inspiration to realise the above!

H.

PS: Funnily enough, I actually bumped into this ex-boyfriend last night at a concert – it was a relief to see that all the bad memories and negative feelings I had associated with him had gone, and it actually felt good to see a familiar face after so many years.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Re: Maze

Hi Haida

thank you for sharing this - it puts your dream in context and allows us to re-affirm the dreams interpretations.

You might find the writing of Joseph Campbell interesting - linked on this site.

All the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

thank you Haida

I am glad to have helped.

The dream is quite right in that you know the way out of the maze. Thats is great.

My opinion:
don't spent too much time depressed. If you know how to get otut of it, do so. Life is too precious and is very enjoyable. Staying isn a depression longer than you must s a waste of days in your life. Plus, you want to be in good condition cause you never know if another isue will pop up, and you should be ready, not depressed if something unfortunate happens. I know it easier said than done; and it also sounds very simplistic, but it is very true.

good luck. I am rooting for you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present