Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Multiple Dreams in One Night

I am really interested in learning why I have crazy and vivid dreams. Last night, I think I had about 7 different dreams, but I only remember like 5 of them in detail. One was about me leaving my old job, and as I was packing up my office, which was my childhood bedroom, a guy I had a crush on at my old job came to talk to me. He wanted to speak to me privately because of gossipers suspecting that there was something going on between us so I told him to close the door (we're both married to other people, by the way). He was clumsily trying to strike up a conversation and asking me why I was leaving. I could tell he wanted to say more, but never got around to it. All I kept thinking was "kiss me." Then I left, and was heading towards the airport, and I was "intending" that he was going to stop me to reveal his true feelings for me. That never happened, but my dream progressed into me moving in with my mom (which is more like a nightmare), and her gaining back control of my life. Then my dream got really weird and I only remember bits and pieces of it. I woke up from this dream in the middle of the night 'cause my little one started crying in his sleep. However, I woke up missing this guy I had a crush on extremely, and longing to see him again.

Let me give you some background for this dream. In real life, nothing physically happened between me and the guy, but there was definitely a connection of some kind. We flirted with each other, and we really enjoyed talking to one another, but when I felt like I was developing more than friendly feelings, I distanced myself since we were both married. He finally got the hint and backed off. Nothing was ever expressed directly, but his behavior and ackward statements showed that he had feelings too. For example, when he overheard that I was trying to get pregnant with my second son, he blurted out, "You're trying to get pregnant? Well, if your husband is as potent as I am then you'll get pregnant instantly." Also, when I announced that I was leaving my job, just like in the dream, he came to me to talk to me about leaving. We were both alone in the front lobby, but he didn't say anything more. I was a little disappointed then, but why am I dreaming about this almost 2 years later? Why am I still dreaming about him? This isn't the only dream I've had since I left my job. I honestly don't try to think about him 'cause I love my husband very much, but every now and then, he creeps into my dreams and sparks this feeling of missing him. Is there a past life connection with this guy, and that's the reason why my feelings haven't completely gone away?

I had several dreams thereafter. One about (please don't get grossed out) my husband masterbating in front of me and my kindergartener walks in, and instead of hiding himself, he continues, and I was appalled and yelled at my husband for being irresponsible. Don't know what that meant! Another dream involved me and my childhood friend. We were about 13 in the dream and she was trying to get a group of high school guys' attention. We were picking up a bunch of rose buds off my aunt's lawn and she was concerned about snakes, but I kept finding worms hidden under the pink and yellow rose buds. We got their attention, but when she left, they circled around me and all serenaded me. Weird! The other dreams were about: 1) having difficulty getting my computer fixed through a mail-in-parts program, 2) my husband and me planning to renew our vows at a B&B in New York, and 3) an incident in a public bathroom (I don't really remember the rest).

If anyone has any insight into why I can have so many vivid dreams in one night, and what this may possibly mean, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Erryn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30; Williamsburg, VA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Multiple Dreams in One Night

Hello Erryn,

I would say there is nothing uncommon in having several dreams in one night. Some days ago I posted what I called a series of dreams which happened to me during three nights and I am sure there were others which I could not remember. One explanation is that the unconscious finds a path to reveal the message and does so in many different forms and symbols, or the message is so strong that one has to identify the repeating pattern of each dream to get the meaning.

I am not a professional on dream interpretation, but I had a deja vu with one of my life situations while reading your first dream and I wanted to share my ideas with you. It was also very useful to read your background.
“Leaving your old job” might be a metaphor for you wishing to leave the feelings about this guy. If a similar dream situation somehow has repeated itself over time, you probably have not come to terms with it yet. Or a situation pattern in your present life is somehow repeating resembling to the past situation.
It is also interesting that your office is “your childhood bedroom.” It could be that the office became a place you had no control over things (again over the feelings about this guy), just as you did when you lived at your childhood house. Going to live at your mother’s, I believe supports this idea: you may be looking for basis in your life and get back to that place where things were safer and give up on controlling your own life.
In all the dreams, I notice a pattern that has to do with you feeling less in control over the things that happen to you. Has your husband recently done anything that disappointed you? Have you had any difficulty in communicating your feelings to the others?
One of the last dreams however seems to be a resolution of the issue as you involve in accepting your life and renewing vows.

Hope these comments will be helpful,

Best wishes,

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Multiple Dreams in One Night

Thanks, Elona, for your insightful response. To answer your question about my husband disappointing me, Yes & No. He disappoints me at times and then redeems himself. He can be extremely egotistical and macho. He wasn't like this when I met him. He was very philosophical and educated, but when he joined the Marine Corps he started to change into the typical Alpha male. But I know he loves me, and that's why I stay.

Things have been going really good between my husband and I since we discovered the Secret and the Law of Attraction. We've been really trying to focus on each other's positive attributes instead of the negative ones. That's why I was so disturbed by having a dream about a guy I rarely see. I still see him when I go to visit my old job because I have friends there. I'm a homemaker and sometimes I just need to get out of the house and talk to adults. So I go up there sometimes because the people at my old job are like family to me.

Anyway, since the dream, I realize that I still do have feelings for this guy even though we never did anything. I just wish that they would go away. My husband and I are planning to move back to the west coast, so maybe it'll happen then.

Take care,
Erryn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30; Williamsburg, VA

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present