www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    yoga and cemetery

Hi I thought I'll post this peculiar dream, which occured after a day where I had a small upset but nevertheless there was a happy end to the day and very peaceful one too.

In the dream, (it is fragmented) I remember going to a yoga class, somehow meeting my boyfriend on the way and all with a small group of about 10 going to a yoga class with a female teacher. I remember going inside a building, but then the teacher said our class will be held outdoors. I was excited about that. So we all ventured outside, there seemed to be small ventures on the way, mysteries perhaps which I can't remember, perhaps shadowy figures. We encountered a gate or a small door, with holes in it, like for a dog to come in and out. And behind this yes, there was a big dog, but I think he seemed nice enough, yet very big. Anyway the door or the gate was the entry to a cememtery and there were tombstones, and I remember we were thinking is this where we'll have our class, or are we just passing through?
    Maybe there was a nice grassed area to the right of the tombstones where we could have our class.

Anyway that's all I can remember of the dream. Strange for yoga to be linked with a cemetery. I think maybe this dream occured after I was upset, and it could be linked to my emotions and finding inner peace at the end of the day? Any ideas anyone?

thanks, I appreciate any thoughts
    Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melb Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: yoga and cemetery

The dream seems to be about being at peace, as you said, but also doing this by burying or realizing that old values are buried, and dead. You are also not too concerned about undeveloped aspects of yourself, as well as leaving some of them in the past in that state.
    right now you may be taking a break from the struggles of life. YOu aren't sure if you are staying in the cemetary or moviing through it. this kind of may indicate that you don't know if you will just stop striving to overcome frailties, or rest on your laurels.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

trying to escape

Thanks for that Carlos,
    I think you were right about that dream, it was about my fears but I felt calm about things, not so worried.
    However a dream I had last night seems otherwise. I hope you can help me with this one, or other forum members.

I was in this building with a girl. Well we seemed to find our way around in this house, few levels high like a housing unit.
    We went into one of these rooms, but it seemed we were trespassing, because a man appeared, and my friend started to escape, through this hole in the floor, which also seemed like a loundry shute, or something like that, with an escape through to another room, anyway she seemed to have squeezed through this hole, lined with white linen. It felt like it was a bit squashy. I wanted to escape to, but it seemed I didn't have enough time. And the man said he'd let me go if I have sex with him. I said yes, but only to fool him, thinking I'll run away just in time somehow. Then I remember his somewhat disformed penis, just as he was about to undress.

Writing about it I feel scared slightly, the symbology of the dream. The floor seems to be the base, the root chakra (in the dream dictionary). It seems like there's a deeper problem to deal with, one which I cannot run away from. And what has it got to do with my sexuality?
    Any ideas?

thanks
    Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melb Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: yoga and cemetery

yes there is a part of you that wants to withdraw within yourself and hide away your various guilts for crossing some threshold. But you feel its too late for that, and you must use your womanly guile to evade the consequences, which you feel are way beyongd what is acceptable and decent.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present