Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
yoga and cemetery

Hi I thought I'll post this peculiar dream, which occured after a day where I had a small upset but nevertheless there was a happy end to the day and very peaceful one too.

In the dream, (it is fragmented) I remember going to a yoga class, somehow meeting my boyfriend on the way and all with a small group of about 10 going to a yoga class with a female teacher. I remember going inside a building, but then the teacher said our class will be held outdoors. I was excited about that. So we all ventured outside, there seemed to be small ventures on the way, mysteries perhaps which I can't remember, perhaps shadowy figures. We encountered a gate or a small door, with holes in it, like for a dog to come in and out. And behind this yes, there was a big dog, but I think he seemed nice enough, yet very big. Anyway the door or the gate was the entry to a cememtery and there were tombstones, and I remember we were thinking is this where we'll have our class, or are we just passing through?
Maybe there was a nice grassed area to the right of the tombstones where we could have our class.

Anyway that's all I can remember of the dream. Strange for yoga to be linked with a cemetery. I think maybe this dream occured after I was upset, and it could be linked to my emotions and finding inner peace at the end of the day? Any ideas anyone?

thanks, I appreciate any thoughts
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melb Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: yoga and cemetery

The dream seems to be about being at peace, as you said, but also doing this by burying or realizing that old values are buried, and dead. You are also not too concerned about undeveloped aspects of yourself, as well as leaving some of them in the past in that state.
right now you may be taking a break from the struggles of life. YOu aren't sure if you are staying in the cemetary or moviing through it. this kind of may indicate that you don't know if you will just stop striving to overcome frailties, or rest on your laurels.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

trying to escape

Thanks for that Carlos,
I think you were right about that dream, it was about my fears but I felt calm about things, not so worried.
However a dream I had last night seems otherwise. I hope you can help me with this one, or other forum members.

I was in this building with a girl. Well we seemed to find our way around in this house, few levels high like a housing unit.
We went into one of these rooms, but it seemed we were trespassing, because a man appeared, and my friend started to escape, through this hole in the floor, which also seemed like a loundry shute, or something like that, with an escape through to another room, anyway she seemed to have squeezed through this hole, lined with white linen. It felt like it was a bit squashy. I wanted to escape to, but it seemed I didn't have enough time. And the man said he'd let me go if I have sex with him. I said yes, but only to fool him, thinking I'll run away just in time somehow. Then I remember his somewhat disformed penis, just as he was about to undress.

Writing about it I feel scared slightly, the symbology of the dream. The floor seems to be the base, the root chakra (in the dream dictionary). It seems like there's a deeper problem to deal with, one which I cannot run away from. And what has it got to do with my sexuality?
Any ideas?

thanks
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Melb Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: yoga and cemetery

yes there is a part of you that wants to withdraw within yourself and hide away your various guilts for crossing some threshold. But you feel its too late for that, and you must use your womanly guile to evade the consequences, which you feel are way beyongd what is acceptable and decent.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present