Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sixteen year old inheritance of apartment

I am sixteen years old. I inherent an apartment from my grandfather. I am the rightful heir. Now my sister comes to tell me she and her husband will take away the apartment from me, because they have more rights to it than me, because she didn't marry someone who was unacceptable to the family. I tell her I invested my own money to make repairs to the apartment and make it what it is today, liveable and well-decorated. I wake up with the conflict unresolved.

thanks all!

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Sixteen year old inheritance of apartment

this is more of the same struggle: the old vs the new; in addition we have feelings of being worthy being questioned.

YOu seem to feel unworthy somehow, because you have assimilated to a different way of life than the old ways more than maybe you thought you could, or more than you think is acceptable to yourself and your environment.

You are trying to explain to yourself why you are still worthy of being considered a full fledged individual still associated with the ancestrial heritage of your grandparents and at peace with the memory of who and what they were: ethnically as well as people. Maybe even a little more than the aforementioned is at stake as well cause you maybe wondering whether you are worthy of the love of your ancestors, and inevitably your own self love. You feel you have earned it, as you argue you have worked on the apartment yourself and given of yourself. this is very good.

But, you have a strong propensity to question yourself on these issues, and this is why it may be your sister that is questioning. this is a close blood link to you and it may be symbolic that these questions are strongly linked to your self image.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Carlos,
I think you are definitely right on.

I think this dream is telling me about my individuation process, that I am making my own path, and aspects of my psyche are feeling challenged by that; the old, ancestral, shadow elements, sister.

Also, it says something about my real life situation that I married someone who my family disapproves of and in symbolic and literal ways they have disinherited me, maybe even disowned me, and I'm getting that sense from my dreams even though they don't say it directly, and it also speaks to something about my animus. He is somehow unacceptable to other parts of me...

what do you think of this line of analysis?

Sorry for the delay, have been travelling and am getting settled again.

Thanks so much,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

yes, you have it down well. You have already taken the first steps toward individuation, and you might as well finish your journey. It is time to diminish your family's ability to effect your self worth by seeking acceptance by them. You must find it within yourself as you are telling yourself in your dream, also: I fixed the house; I invested in it. These are things you have done for yourself that make you an independent individual with the ability to recreate yourself, and with a lot of self worth. .

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present