Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time to leave

Hi All,

Another perplexing dream - so as not to bias any interpretations I'll post my thoughts later ,,, many thanks

In this dream, the people of the Earth had been given until 4pm to either leave or stay on the Earth. After that we would not be able to leave. There was to be a change of regime - a change in the way things would be. We did not know how that would be, but the feeling in the dream was that there would be less freedom.

The alternative was to leave the Earth. It was each persons choice, whether to stay or go. Either way the future was uncertain. No one knew what it was like, or even if it was possible to life off the Earth, or what it would be like.

I had been doing things and was running out of time to leave, and I was having to hurry to get to where we would leave from.
I could only take what was essential to life, and remembered that I had left my sunglasses in my car. I would like to have them but they were not essential, and if I went back to get them I would not make the deadline to leave. So I kept going.
I bumped into some men who had chosen to stay - they wanted to drink beer and asked me where the pub was - I used to know this area in my youth but was disorientated and was not sure which direction they should head.

thanks again
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Time to leave

Justin,
We can be sure that the dream is in some way addressing personal aspects, but could it also be addressing something more, 'universal'? The first two paragraphs read like an Orson Welles radio broadcast, or Welles use of a universal pattern to convey a message, and while also frightening to the less enlightened.
The last paragraph seemed more directed at personal aspects. But the actions are focused on the universal.

Take a look at MOO's dream, the last paragraph. These numbers are archetypal, universal. Not only are we in the last of the 432,000 year cycle of time of Hindu mythology but we are also nearing the day of end times, with a rebirth in the year 2012 {.Mayan Year of Destiny - 2012. The health of the planet is probably more dire than we want to admit. The Mayan myth talks of drastic changes almost in an immediate period of time.

Are these vibes? I sense we are in store for something, well, something dramatic. I believe such vibes can be felt by anyone who has an awareness of the higher psyche possibilities.
We are getting close to hurricane season again arn't we. Remember the year of Katrina? Many vibes. And a
La Nina is developing which usually is associated with higher hurricane activity in the Atlantic and the Gulf. Global warming is causing warmer waters a

Nature, the Great Mother, does give off vibes. Other animals are able to sense them, earthquakes, tsunamis. Perhaps we are experiencing something of that 'nature'. If not consciously, unconsciously in our dreams. It is not inconsist with the laws of nature. Jung thought it scientifically sound. Must something to it?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: Time to leave

Hi Gerard

Yes the dream did have an "End of the World" feel to it, and I noticed that as I wrote it out.
I have thought that movies of that ilke are either about i) our fear of the Shadow side or ii) our fear of the awesome force and unpredicability of Nature, especially when we have been thinking we are in control.
So the dream may well have a more Universal link.

Also universal is the choice each of us must make between the risks of freedom (leaving Earth) and the constraints of living in the Rat Race.

My inability in the dream to give direction to other men is of personal and, I think, global significance.
Where are the wise leaders today - this leadership is a quality of the masculine ,,,

Also the choice to leave Mother Earth, or stay under domination is of relevance to me ,,, it reminds me of Percivals undergarment that he must disguard in order to grow up.
There is another more sinister tone, the Earth as Gaia ,,, that thngs are changing and we have a choice.

I had not picked up in the themes relaing to the Universal, and the happenings around the Earth - many thanks

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present