Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about trip/ family

Hello all,
Last night I had a dream that I was going on a trip with my family. We were taking a plane somewhere then getting on a boat. The whole plane part was kind of in fast forward- the main part was getting to the boat. There was a big crowd of people, and someone announced that the first group of people to get on the boat would win a prize, so I started running through the crowd, but didn't make it in time to win. Then this is the really weird part- the person at the dock wasn't strong enough to anchor the boat or whatever, so they brought in a big animal, looked like a buffalo, to do it, and the animal did it, but from the force it died! (in the dream, it actually burst into flames, which was really disturbing). Then we were about to get on, and I realized I hadn't packed anything! I said to my father "I didn't pack anything! Things have been so crazy the last few weeks I didn't even think to pack. And I don't have time to go home and get anything." And I was crying and hugged my father goodbye, and that's where the dream ended. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Philadelphia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dream about trip/ family

Donna,
For some reason I want to focus on the last part of your dream I realized I hadn't packed anything! I said to my father "I didn't pack anything! Things have been so crazy the last few weeks I didn't even think to pack. And I don't have time to go home and get anything." And I was crying and hugged my father goodbye.

Are there any significant recent experiences involving your father? That may be help with the other metaphors in your dream {boat, prize, buffalo}. If you involving your father, that may point to a particular pattern.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. No, there are no recent experiences of consequence that I can think of. He had surgery recently, but it was just for his knees, nothing major or life-threatening or anything. And I can't think of anything else... We haven't taken any trips and aren't planning any together. But I'll keep thinking...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Philadelphia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Donna,
The dream may describe a waking desire to quickly depart (air travel fast forward) from some situation intact (with family) toward a more relaxed (boat) time yet feeling the right preparations have not been made (not packed).

Perhaps you're involved in a project at work where you're under pressure, either internal or external, to meet a deadline. And or putting in the lion's share of work and feeling the strain? Do you fear you will not meet a deadline or project goal, or is someone else having difficulties where by you must stand in for them?

Father may represent the rational ordering aspect. Perhaps you overlooked some seemingly insignificant detail that now is a source of more serious issues.

As always, this is only a possibility. Look to the days preceeding the dream for clues to possible meaning. Please respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present