Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quick Flight

Hi All,

I dreamt a former colleague of mine took me to meet someone who arranged a quick air flight for me,he was a travel agent.

I went home and later checked on the time I would be flying, it was scheduled for the next day. The next day I realized that I was flying later that day when I woke up early and had to pack. I realized also I was in Nigeria. I started picking out of my things what to take and what to leave behind and had a friend come help me. She was nice, out of my clique of friends and I was giving her dresses where I had exact replicas of them and telling her to pass them on to my relatives as well. One of the not so nice friends was jealous and told me I should never speak to that colleague alone, using cultural customs as the reason but the truth was she was just jealous of me being alone with him.

My flight was going to Holland.

I do have some ideas but I'd love to hear what other people have as well.

Thanks everyone,
May

Re: Quick Flight

Hi May

I know you are well versed in dream: here are some thoughts

* a transition is coming
* in this vein, the packing / unpacking / giving away ,,, this is the preparation

This may involve moving away from your 'tribe' ,,,

"but the truth was (read 'is') that she (read 'I') am just jealous of me being alone with him" mmmmmmmmm
So, in what ways does jealousy run for you?
Do you fill up your time so that you are not 'alone' with yourself?

In regard to transitions, things go a lot more easily / smoothly when we release some time and allow things to happen

I'm interested at others thoughts
wishing you the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your response. It was a great reply and very accurate. You do have a talent for dream interpretation especially in identifying masculine and feminine energies and how they relate to each other. A lot of your past interpretations really got me thinking about that area of my life and as I result I became aware of patriarchy's effect and my own masculine/feminine balance. It has brought me a lot of insight and healing so I'm really thanking you for all these wonderful interpretations that have made a big difference.

Definitely a transition. To what though I am not sure. I think I am being initiated into deeper self-discovery and as initiation is usually painful and frightening, I am resisting it, afraid to be alone with myself, to find out what is going on.

The funny thing about this dream is that I thought of the Nigerian bank scams especially the fraud and the emails asking for money, and as I'm having student loan issues it is really appropriate. I've also been to Holland and compared to other societies it has a free and tolerant attitude toward many things, so flying to freedom gave me hope that in my financial life someday things will be OK.

Interestingly, yesterday afternoon I took a nap and had another dream that seems to be a to be continued of this one. I will post it later.

Thanks so much Justin,

All your input is truly appreciated and truly helpful.
all the best to you
May

Hi May

Thank You - for your kind words and feedback; it is really appreciated, especially at present ,,

You have been / are a real trooper and have kept on keeping on - for your own work and for your input into the site.

many thanks ,,, good for you
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present