www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Quick Flight

Hi All,

I dreamt a former colleague of mine took me to meet someone who arranged a quick air flight for me,he was a travel agent.

I went home and later checked on the time I would be flying, it was scheduled for the next day. The next day I realized that I was flying later that day when I woke up early and had to pack. I realized also I was in Nigeria. I started picking out of my things what to take and what to leave behind and had a friend come help me. She was nice, out of my clique of friends and I was giving her dresses where I had exact replicas of them and telling her to pass them on to my relatives as well. One of the not so nice friends was jealous and told me I should never speak to that colleague alone, using cultural customs as the reason but the truth was she was just jealous of me being alone with him.

My flight was going to Holland.

I do have some ideas but I'd love to hear what other people have as well.

Thanks everyone,
    May

Re: Quick Flight

Hi May

I know you are well versed in dream: here are some thoughts

* a transition is coming
    * in this vein, the packing / unpacking / giving away ,,, this is the preparation

This may involve moving away from your 'tribe' ,,,

"but the truth was (read 'is') that she (read 'I') am just jealous of me being alone with him" mmmmmmmmm
    So, in what ways does jealousy run for you?
    Do you fill up your time so that you are not 'alone' with yourself?

In regard to transitions, things go a lot more easily / smoothly when we release some time and allow things to happen

I'm interested at others thoughts
    wishing you the best
    JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your response. It was a great reply and very accurate. You do have a talent for dream interpretation especially in identifying masculine and feminine energies and how they relate to each other. A lot of your past interpretations really got me thinking about that area of my life and as I result I became aware of patriarchy's effect and my own masculine/feminine balance. It has brought me a lot of insight and healing so I'm really thanking you for all these wonderful interpretations that have made a big difference.

Definitely a transition. To what though I am not sure. I think I am being initiated into deeper self-discovery and as initiation is usually painful and frightening, I am resisting it, afraid to be alone with myself, to find out what is going on.

The funny thing about this dream is that I thought of the Nigerian bank scams especially the fraud and the emails asking for money, and as I'm having student loan issues it is really appropriate. I've also been to Holland and compared to other societies it has a free and tolerant attitude toward many things, so flying to freedom gave me hope that in my financial life someday things will be OK.

Interestingly, yesterday afternoon I took a nap and had another dream that seems to be a to be continued of this one. I will post it later.

Thanks so much Justin,

All your input is truly appreciated and truly helpful.
    all the best to you
    May

Hi May

Thank You - for your kind words and feedback; it is really appreciated, especially at present ,,

You have been / are a real trooper and have kept on keeping on - for your own work and for your input into the site.

many thanks ,,, good for you
    Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present