Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
protecting loved ones

I have recurring dreams about protecting loved ones. It's never the same dream in that the exact same thing happens, it's recurring in that I am constantly protecting people I love. Usually it's my mom or one of my sisters and it always ends in me choosing to save them over myself. Basically these dreams always end with me dying. What's the deal? Why do I have such awful dreams? This has been going on for years and I really want to know why? Can you help? Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Nebraska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: protecting loved ones

Dreams speak to us in a symbollic manner conveying often the dynamics of our inner being. The elements portrayed in a dream often reflect the different aspects and characters of the dreamer and how they play out in the dreamers psyche.

Your mother, sister and other characters in a dream would reflect aspects of your self your own energy and ways of relating, Females often reflect our feeling self, as it is 'your' dream the feelings and emotional tendencys you attribute to your female dream characters are 'your' feelings, it may be your psyche has chosen these external characters as they closley relate to your own tendencys.

To dream of protecting peole you love is to be protective of these ways YOU feel about things, about life, about your self, about others etc that you also see in your mum and sister but at the detriment of your own growth and independance.

To put it another way, your mother in a dream reflects your own inner mother as well, your own internalised mother, the feelings and tendencys you share with your mother and how your mother relates to you, governing how you relate to your self. Though these tendencys have served in your development but at some level a part of you still protects these ways of being even though it may as a consequence be inhibiting you in some fashion and is causing you much anguish.

Our mothers can be attributed with both positive and negative tendencys, As children we tend to put our mothers up on a pedastal and find no flaw within them, we believe wholeheartedly that our mothers are perfect by design and will not question their values or ways of relating if she is angry at us then it must be because it is something we have a done, when we integrate these ways of relating to others and to our selves we often continue to uphold these tendencys and ways of relating, justifying them and not questioning them 'protecting' them even though it blocks us in our own psychological development and growth.

The recurring aspect of these dreams is your own unconscious self trying to bring attention to what is happening for you at a deeper level and to maybe assess where in your life are you living out others values that do not serve you any more.

This is just my perspective take from it what feels right to you, best of luck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

An after thought occured the dream may also be exclaiming that those feeling values which you hold dear to you 'love' and protect are costly, as a rsult ending in your own demise, being more specific with the dream and looking at the rest of the symbolism within the dream will reveal where it is these feeling values within oneself are being threatened.

[:) Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Wow I never would have guessed all that, it apparently has a deeper meaning than I ever would have thought. That helps and gives me a lot to think about, thank you so much. I'm very excited to have found your website, I've been able to control my dreams since I was a child, since finding your site I know there's actually a word for that. All this time I just thought I was weird:) Thank you very much again for the explanation. rosebudsgypsy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Nebraska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present