www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Old man's coins

Hi everyone,

This morning's dream was as follows:
    I am at somebody's house, where a little baby girl is on a bed and suddenly falls. Her mother comes to look after her. I am sure there was more going on, but that is what I recall. At some point I decide to leave.
    I walk down the stairs and come out in the street. My youngest brother is walking beside me. An old man, looking like a bagger, approaches us and throws three handful of coins in the street, then entered a door. We started to collect the coins from the street - and realized that most of them were big and old - having stamped in their sides, old figures and names. I started to wonder where the old man had found them. I was trying to choose the ones that were current, but together with them I collected the old ones too.

This is it. Wish you can give me some insight.

Thanks,

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Old man's coins

Elona,
    I get the impression the dream may be addressing some past experience. The baby and its mother is part of the beginning, but you decide to leave. That leaving may represent leaving something left behind, or putting it behind you so not to recognize it or even repressing it.

Then there is your young brother on the 'street' level. Old man and old coins again remind me of the past. And both are something you are sharing with your 'younger' brother {was he younger than he really is the dream?}. Old figures and names, again perhaps something from the past, stamped onto the psyche. Where are they from? You are trying to put it all together. The new {the present} with the old {the past}.
    Make any 'sense' for you?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

Thanks for your input - very helpful as usual.

I agree that the dream might be related to past experiences, to something I have repressed and hided or negated to myself and others. The night before the dream, I had a fight with my mother, with she accusing me of being a tough, tactless, and unrespectful person, especially with my fiancee and with her. I am not an easy person, and sometimes I'm not aware about it. Probably, at some point I have hurt my mother with my attitude, if she thinks that, but I also must have issues with her from the past, although I doubt I might as well be modelling her(!)

I have no clue though what the old man, and my youngest brother have to do with all this.

Thanks,

Elona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Old man's coins

Hi Elona

Could this dream be about picking up / collecting / hanging on to / hoarding ,, old things ,,, in particular old things that are 'supposed' to be valuable? That have had something 'stamped' into them ,,, ie: forcefully imprinted. Was this the way it was for you ? were your values 'forcefully imprinted"?
    I am alluding to Patriachy ,,, are you scrambling to collect material things, or power?

your thougths
    Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Justin,

Interesting the idea of stamped values, yes, in a patriarchal society as the one I was raised, of course this was the case. Could the dream mean perhaps that I am trying to resist change and keep valuing old patterns? I don't know, I have mixed feelings about that.
    It could be that I perceive the need for material things at this moment, but surprisingly the meaning of the old bagger, the 3 handfull of coins that he performed in front of me and my brother is still uncovered to me. The only thing that comes to my mind is a wedding ritual in my country, where relatives of the bride throw a mixture of rice, candies and coins when she leaves her parents' house!!!

Elona

Hi Elona

I was just reading this and remebered your post -

"Arguably, the core of our yoga practice is the work that we do to purify, reforge, and replace the inner patterns that in Sanskrit are called samskaras. Samskaras are the accumulated impressions—in scientific terms, the neuronal patterns—that create our character, our ways of thinking and acting, and our perspective on life.

The word samskara can be translated just the way it sounds in English: as "some scars." Samskaras are energy patterns in our consciousness. I always picture them as mental grooves, like the rivulets in sand that let water run in certain patterns. Samskaras create our mental, emotional, and physical default settings."

I cannot find the link now, however it is part of an article by Sally Kempton - Change for Good

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present