Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about ex-girlfriend

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Anyway, every now and then, I have dreams which are so powerful that they affect my mood in my waking life for a few days afterwards. A few weeks ago, I had one of these dreams, and I am posting to see if anyone had any thoughts regarding its meaning.

I will admit that the dream I am about to post seems to be pretty obvious in its meanings, but I feel like there is more to it than what is on the surface.

Back in high school I had a girlfriend who I was very much infatuated with. Anyway, she broke up with me, and for quite a while, I was chasing her. I eventually got over her and e-mailed her a few months ago (we are both in college now) apologizing for being such a stalker during high school. She assured me that I had nothing to worry about and that she harbored no negative feelings towards me...anyway, that's just background info.

So in my dream I walk into my local library (I used to work there) and see my ex-girlfriend studying at one of the tables. Things are always awkward between us in person, so I walk by and pretend not to see her, but secretly hope that she sees me. I start shelving books when a few teachers from my high school approach me, asking me about college. I tell them that everything is going well, and then they leave. After they leave, my ex-girlfriend puts down her books and walks over to me. She says hi, and I pretend to be surprised. I also pretend to not really care and more or less treat her like an annoyance (rolling my eyes, answering her questions sarcastically, etc.). Anyway, after we talk for a short time, I stand up from my work and look her in the eyes. She comes closer and kisses me on the lips. The kiss did not seem to be characterized by lust or romance. It seemed more like a way of saying "Well, we might never see each other again, so goodbye and have a great life". She then steps away slowly and is about to leave when I hold her and kiss her again. She begins to kiss me back and grabs hold of me, but then quickly backs away, says something like "no", shakes her head, and then leaves. Anyway, long story short, I wake up and can't get the dream out of my head for the next few days. I would occassionally feel like getting in touch with her, but wouldn't know what to say (I don't think that I should tell her about the dream). Sometimes I would get depressed, but mainly I just wanted to see her again after this dream.

Any thoughts? Once again, I know it seems obvious, whatever it might be about, but for some reason I feel like there is more to it and I thought that perhaps someone might have some ideas.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream about ex-girlfriend

Joe,
The obvious is you still possess some lingering feelings for your ex. But there is probably little chance of reviving the relationship.
There may also be some information within the dream about your own feminine aspects, particularly the acceptance of inner emotions {a feminine trait}. Even though you may have worked at the library, its meaning may be more about learning something of your inner self. You may need to learn from these emotional experiences since undoubtedly they will occur again in your life {love and loss}.
Since there was not any lust or romance to the kiss, the inner desires of accepting these emotional aspects are probably the symbolic values of the dream. Not being able to do so may be one reason for your depression. You need to 'get in touch' with these inner emotions, learn to accept such disappointments. If not future romances may suffer. Not giving in to desires to 'chase' past experiences that have no future, you may need to look at future romances with an eye on past experiences, but without letting perceived failures interfere with future romantic experiences.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream about ex-girlfriend

Thank you Gerard, that was very helpful. I hadn't thought of it in that way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, NY

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present