Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream that puzzle's me

Good afternoon, I wonder if you would be so kind to assist me. I've been having dreams in short story versions lately, but can never remember this. This specific one I do and I would like to know what it means, if you don't mind.

The dream started with me swimming fast under water in the ocean holding a baby. I had the feeling of urgency because I had to take the baby to a destination urgently (destination unknown). I was also aware that there are sharks in the water. I looked down and noticed a big fish swimming close to my side. I wondered what it was doing there. The next moment the fish was in three pieces floating in the water in front of me. The first thought I had was that God had sent the fish for the shark to take instead of me.

What does this mean? I am quite anxious to know, so would really appreciate your assistance.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards
TINA

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 South Africa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream that puzzle's me

Tina,
Swimming fast underwater may represent a desire or need to recognize or promote a new idea or aspect {baby} in your life. It may as much an unconscious attitude {still in its formative stages}or you may already be consciously aware of this aspect. But as with much in life there are 'sharks', danger in taking on this new aspect {emotional, financial, and/or physical}.

Fish often symbolize the true self, true desires. The 3 parts may represent the 3 aspects of the psyche, body, mind and spirit. God would represent wholeness, bringing together all these parts into one. In the material world we often neglect those true intents of life {spirituality, creativity, doing that thing in life that provides true wholeness}. Often the real 'sharks' in life is social duty, doing what you are told or expected to do instead of doing what the soul desires.

What new thing, again perhaps in its formative stages, is it in your life? You may not know exactly where it is going to lead you but it may be that thing in life that provides you with a balance, wholeness and your true desires.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Tina,
The Forum I created has as its first topic MidLife-The Way Forward. You may want to read this post to get a better understanding of the 'inner self'.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Please Note:
After a dream has been interpreted, a follow-up response to the interpretation is requested. This will help both the dreamer and the interpreter better understand the dream message. All interpretations are FREE and the only compensation we ask is your participation in the process of understanding your

dream

I am recently writing a pamphlet on a new theory in dream interpretation so i want you to keep an open mind: my hypothesis is that dreams are not symbolic; they occur because of physical, mental and psychic stimuli. In your case, I think it's mental stimulus. Answer this questions first: have you recently or frequently go to the beach? do you know someone that has a baby? or do you desire to see a baby? are you afraid of sharks?
Do you see where this questions are going? Your mind simulated that dream from these set of stimuli: a)Likes: memories of unachieved desires, repressed memory, buried yet impressive memory or present memories b)dislikes: unresolved recent memories of dislike, buried or repressed memory of feelings of dislike. if some of these ring a bell, just tell me ok. If not then tell me too so I can analyse your dream further.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Conrad,
Good luck with your hypothesis. But I don't believe you will find much support at the Dream Forum for such thinking. Of course dreams deal with the physical, mental and psychic stimuli from a person's life. Dreams are about that individual life. But the language is most often symbolic. If you would go back read the 100s of interpretations provided by 'Jungian' thinkers I believe you will readily see that this holds true. Jung's hypothesis has become mainstream and with each new experiment into the psyche his thinking gains new merits. New science supports his positions.
But I won't discourage your looking into other possibilities. Just the fact that you are looking, especially at such a relatively young age, is a positive. As long as you keep an open mind I believe truth will prevail.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present