Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
yellow snake

So, my grandpa and I are remodeling this house. He is standing next to a wall and all of a sudden the wall starts to buckle. It crumbles off a little bit and reveals a yellow snake. My grandpa is afraid of snakes and I tell him to get away from the wall. He does and then the snake fall to the ground and shoots darts out of its eyes and hits my grandpa in the chest. My mom walks in and gets hit with the darts too. I take them and put them in the car and drive. I get to a hospital that is in the middle of the freeway and then I run inside and ask for directions. The nurse won't give me any. I tell them I’m in a hurry and need to know how to get to the next town. They won't tell me. I tell them I have to wounded people in the car that were hit by darts from the eyes of a snake. They tell me to bring my mom and grandpa in. I take them in the hospital and the staff puts my mom and grandpa in waiting chairs and then the hospital gives me a job. Then I go back to the house and this guy from a Disney movie I used to have a crush on is outside the house. I ask him what he is doing there and he asks me if I live here. I say yes and then he tells me to watch out for the snakes. Then he asks me if I remember the movie he made where he battled snakes and I say that I do. Then he tells me to be careful because he didn't kill all of them and he boarded some up in the walls. Then we go on a date.
So what do you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 years old

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: yellow snake

OrangeShoelace,
Let's determine if the inclusion of your grandfather has any merit to him personally {as opposed as his being some abstract symbol to your own psyche}.

What type of relationship do/did you have with your grandfather? Was there something that needed repairing? If there is/was a need for such a 'remodeling' of the relationship there may be some carryover to do with your mother. Barriers may need to come down {walls} before the relationship could improve.

Snakes can symbolize rejuvenation, as in a conscious {yellow} rejuvenation of a relationship. The darts may represent hurtful remarks. The hospital may represent the healing process.

You may be avoiding the need to confront this issue {you are in a hurry}. The issue is awaiting your next move but for some reason you are not sure which 'direction' to take. You may be giving too much concern to your own self {house} and by doing so providing fuel for the situation to remain unresolved.

Look at this possibility, the relationship with your grandfather. If this does not apply we then will need to look at a more symbolic representation for your grandfather and why there is a need of repair in some aspects of your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I think that the relationship with my grandfather is good. He has been more like a father to me that my real father. However, I do think that you are very insightful and I would like to hear any more of your thoughts.
-OrangeShoelace

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

OrangeShoelace,
Thanks for the reply. Let's look at the associations in the dream of your grandfather and mother. Since you are 18 your dreams may be more focused on current waking life experiences more so than any past experiences. Getting to the meaning is more difficult because these are often purely personal issues, recent experiences that have to do with the ego life. It is often much more difficult to interpret dreams for a younger person because your dreams involve so many recent experiences that may not show its intent in a dream.

The house that is being remodeled is most likely some aspect of your own psyche. That could indicate changes you are going through currently in your life {are you about graduate from high school, or is there some new changes happening in your life?}. Your grandfather could symbolize some higher masculine wisdom but I get the impression he may represent himself. It could be both. I will offer up some suggestions and let you decide where they may or may not fit. Dream interpretation is much like analyzing a person

Walls are barriers and when they fall down it often means something in your life is being removed, or something you have built up is coming down. In your dream you are instructing your grandfather. When the wall comes down there is fear from your grandfather. There may be a shared association where the two of you have the same fear or emotional bond {snakes would probably be symbolic in these associations, even though your grandfather in real life is afraid of snakes}. Your Mom becomes involved in this incident also which may suggest the waking life experiences involve her.

Look at your current life {before this dream} and determine where this may fit. Have you had recent experiences where your grandfather and mother were involved?

Darts out of the eyes. That could suggest something in the way of 'a mean look' at something. Being hit in the chest may suggest it is an emotional issue {the chest being where the heart is located}.

Going to a hospital often suggests a need for healing. Being in the middle of the freeway could suggest many possibilities, including a busy life and no time to get good directions in which way to go next {could that have to do with current waking life experiences}.

Are you an impulsive person who doesn't like to wait for things? {in today's world, who isn't?}.

The hospital where you are asked to bring your GF and mother in may suggest you need to include them in your life somewhere. Again look at recent experiences where both were involved, with you, and perhaps you felt they were excluded. Your job may be to provide better care {emotional} where they are involved.

The last part about the guy you used to have a crush on. He may represent a masculine aspect and not so much himself {associations will be meaningful but he is probably a tool that says something about you}. Is there anything from the movie that may lend itself to recent waking experiences, especially having to do with what has been discussed here? Perhaps this part of you is a warning system for the future. If there are changes happening in your life then the unknown may be inserting itself and protection measures {which would involve your masculine aspects} may be at play.

Look at the changes taking place in your life. And then add your grandfather {he may represent himself as a wise person, and at the same time represent your own wisdom} and mother {{again a possible wisdom aspect} and see if that adds up to anything significant. Let me know your thoughts. Any other recent personal info may be helpful.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I'm really not sure what to say. I have gone through a lot of changes over the last couple of months. I did just graduate from high school. I am just floundering about until I find something to do with my life, but nothing really catches my interest for a career. I don't know if that information will help any; however, this is what has been on my mind more predominately than anything else as of late.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present