www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Electricity, lightning, transformers, out of power...

First of all, thanks Justin for continuing to look at this theme. For those of you who help to interpret and look deeper into these dreams... Thanks. Sometimes, this is hard work to open up and expose such vulnerabilities and truths. The warmth and lack of rigidity of your resonses helps too.

Okay, the dream theme...
    Sometimes, I am in a house at night and there is a thunderstorm, which makes the lightning and thunder more ominous and the flashing bright lights stand out. The thunderstorm is in every dream. The outlets start to spark and I fear that the house is going to catch on fire. I want to go outside, but I fear the trees will fall on me.

Another thunderstorm where the trees are falling down behind me. They are being struck by lightning and catching on fire and falling into the canal. I walk in the canal while the trees are on fire, but I am safe in the water from the fire.

Another thunderstorm that is causing the transformers on telephone poles to explode. As the transformers explode, the poles fall (or I fear that they will fall on me). I keep trying to outrun them because they explode or fall like dominoes. I look up to see the transformers arcing from one pole to the other. It is unbelievably bright. I try to protect my head with my arms. The sound of the arcing electricity continues above my head and gives me chills. I hate the sound.

This one might be a different theme, but after a thunderstorm, my electricity went out. I went to the neighborhood control box that was more like a tiny dark room, and I noticed that only my house was affected. I kept trying to play with the wires. The only thing that bothered me was that I could not fix the air conditioning (I hate air conditioning because I am usually always cold ?).

Again, thanks for helping me look into these dreams.
    Martha

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Electricity, lightning, transformers, out of power...

Hi Martha

Many thanks to you - for your support, appreciation and encouragement.

I have been helped greatly by the folk on this site - and so what you say has meaning for me. I have recieved support and an honesty that in turn has helped me to continue learning and get to aspects of understanding much more effectively than I could have ever done alone - and for this I am very grateful.

I need more time than I have right now to look at your dream - I am digesting it ,, so to speak

namaste
    Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Martha,

These dreams all seem to have similar themes.

The location - in a house at night ,, this is something that your consciousness is not aware of ,,, and this unknowing makes it seem all the more ominous. Part of you wants to go into this (it may feel that you are confronting something?). That the house (a metaphor for you) ,, wil catch fire. This fire could be the fire of transformation,,,, that if you 'go outside' everything you know, own or hold dear may be destroyed.

Where are these canals? ,,,, do they lead / connect to the sea? The sea can be thought of as 'the great Universal Unconsciousness' - that the canal is connected to ,,, although canals are man-made. This is likely worth thinking about ,,
    "Trying to outrun them" ,,, speaks for itself ,,, you running way> and you intrinsically know, that once inner defence falls they will 'fall like dominoes'

This is balanced by the trees ,, being struck down by lightning,,, both are natural phenomena. The power of Nature ,,,

The transformers and telephone poles ,, again man-made. Or dried out, dead trees ,,, all the life has gone out of them.
    The telephone - the connections; the where-with-all for communications. Could this relate to you loosing your internal wiring, the internal ability to connect different parts of yourself / different ways of thinking ,,, perhaps by being too logical.
    Transformers - As you know the symbols in dreams usually work in at least two levels - so,
    i) one meaning of this could be personal - ie: Could this be what you are doing in waking life ie: turning down your energy, or
    ii) were you overloading your energy systems at the time
    ii) another level of meaning relates to the metaphysical structure of ourselves ,,, in the Universe

And finally the air conditioning, you are 'usually always cold' ,,, can I leave this one to you?

A lot to think about there ,,,,
    All the best
    Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

WOW! Thanks Justin. Your insights caught me completely off guard, and now I have to digest those "aha" moments.

Here is some background info: After spending most of my life numb and distanced from my past, I decided to turn to my dreams for help. They came with a fury, and I quickly wanted to turn away. However, Pandora's box was opened and along came nightmares and flashbacks and the many effects of PTSD.

So, you were right... "part of me wants to do this," but the other part wants to run away terrified.

Yes, "everything I know (or as I know it) will be destroyed." Not being able to see the gift of new life or rebirth yet.

The canals are from back home in South Florida. A mention of the past that I am running from. How obvious it is to see that now.

Disconnection? WOW! That pretty much sums it up. Spending most of my life disassociated from my "bad" or "shameful" parts, which means I cut off from life in general.

And too logical (intellect)? And we didn't even talk about the decapitated dreams! Depending too much on the logical - reading and studying so much - because it's what I can control.

About the transformers... The one that makes sense (maybe obviously now) is that my energy system has been overloaded. I want to get over things as of yesterday, so I push hard, but then push back in fear (a vicious circle). I guess what took 30 years to repress can't be dealt with in 30 days.

And, I have to look more into this chakra - kundalini energy.

Thanks again!
    Martha

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Martha

good on you - and thanks for yor feedback.

I am taken by the fact that 'you turned to your dreams' - this is greatly respectful to yourself, a sign that you are willing to tune in to the deepest parts of you ,, it is indeed, turning to the teacher within.

Many folk on this site will understand what it takes to do what you are doing - hang in there, especially on days where the ebb is low.

I know that you will be digesting and there is no need for much of a reply - you are clearly 'on line' with what is going on and just needed a bit of focusing (as in an out of focus lens,, not intensity - you obviously have enough of that.

My thoughts - all will come as it ought, and look to / for the good: see how much things have changed - and be grateful - to the teacher within, who had never left you.

For myself also, what I have buried for decades cannot be cleared away as quickly as part of me would like (the part that wants to know) ,,, I have found a compassion in the process. It seems that my understandings will only unfold at their rate ,, giving me as much as I can take, although surely I am at the limit.

Good for you
    Justin

Gerard,
    You asked where I was in the process of therapy... I ended therapy a year ago. I am Thankful it's over. And, I am a completely different person.

Your question about therapy, although maybe not the way you intended, really made me think... The last two years of therapy were the hardest. I was trying to gain my own sense of control, power and voice. (One example, is that I wanted to look further into my dreams -- she did not encourage this.) We started to argue more (I am pretty fiesty). After almost 7 years, there was a bond (more like bondage), so it was one of the hardest things I had to do in ending the therapeutic relationship, but I think it saved me. Almost immediately, the depression lifted, and I stopped taking anti-anxiety medication.

I am still playing with the dream theme, this therapy issue and the questions. But, something feels familiar and "right." ... I had come to the place where I was fighting a strong power (her)... I was trying to own my own power, but at the expense of losing the other... very emotional due to the loss of connection (with her)... the most important connection that I needed was to myself... I was giving her too much power over my life...

As for where I am at with dream processes, You are looking at a work in progress. I am in transition again. I am sitting back thinking... I can't believe this is what was going on. There are more dream themes from the past that are making sense now -- like pieces of a puzzle coming together.

Peace - Martha

stats from 7-14-10 to the present