www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    He keeps kissing me.

I keep having what appear to be short dreams about a guy for whom I have strong feelings. (How's that for a sentence?)

A Little Background
    Our "relationship" or "interaction" is unusual, to say the least. We attend the same college, he is 8 years younger than me. During the Fall semester, he made some advances that I alternately accepted and then rebuffed. We never even so much as held hands during that time, but the interaction became very intense and even involved others. A lot of things happened and I did something to make him think that I'd lied to him. Then I dissected and analyzed him in a public writing project, which affected his feelings about me, but he won't admit it.

Recently and very suddenly, our relationship experienced a physical interaction. Shortly afterward, he said he found me impenetrably difficult to communicate with.

Upshot
    I think I'm in love with him. He has feelings about me, but he doesn't trust me (surprise) and I think he has a desire to make me suffer for embarassing him and hurting his ego.

The Dreams
    They always happen in the morning around sunrise. My alarm rings for prayer before sunrise, then I go back to bed. I have the dream and I wake up during the action or on the heels of it. It always within 60 or so minutes after I go back to bed after prayer time.

#1 All I could see was his lips. He said, "Baby..." I answered, "Hmm..." He repeated, "Baby..." I said, "Huh?" He kisses me and says, "Baby..." At this point I'm starting to become lucid. I say out loud, "What is it?" All I can see are his lips and then I'm fully awake.

NOTE: There's a drama at school involving me and some mutual friends of ours. He's affected by it and I have this dream.

#2 I'm walking on campus, he is walking in the other direction, sees me, his eyes widen as he stares at me, he covers his mouth and takes a wide birth around me. Its clear to me in the dream that he's avoiding or distancing himself from me.

NOTE: That very morning, I text message him that I need to get something off of my chest and he calls me back right away. During the call he lets me know that others have been criticizing him for his interest in me, cutting down my looks, the race and age difference. He mentions that may I need to have a heart to heart with someone, but I think he means that he and I need to have one. So, we do and then I have these dreams.

#3 He hugs and kisses me as he's leaning against a parked car. I'm happy in the dream. I wake up as his lips are on mine.

#4 I can see his whole face, he's looking me in the eye as usual, he kisses me and holds me. There's a parked car in this dream as well. I'm happy. I wake right in the middle of it.

I don't trust him. I'm suspicious of him, but because I deceived him previously, I've been telling him the bare truth about every little thing, exposing myself. He's in a position to hurt me and I'm concerned about him betraying me, but he's finally coming to know and understand me a little.

What does this mean? Why so much lips and kissing?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 NYC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: He keeps kissing me.

mikmac,
    As all dreams do, your dreams are reflecting the emotions, interactions, expectations, dissapoinments of your waking life. The dreams tend to end abruptly because there has those abrupt experiences in the relationship with this guy. Confusion seems have reigned {advances that I alternately accepted and then rebuffed} in much of the early interactions in the relationship. Indicision is reflected in your dreams and suddenly awakening just as the 'action' begins is reflective of that indicisiveness. Again, your dreams are reflecting your true emotional mind.

Lips can be symbolic of communication. The kissing would involve lips but more important the communication between the two of you {he said he found me impenetrably difficult to communicate with}.

You and he are not always going in the same direction {you are in love with him but
    he has a desire to make me suffer
    }. Isn't that like trying to put a square peg in a round hole?

And there is the mistrust both of you seem to have for each other. Your dreams leave you hanging perhaps because of this mistrust. There is probablity that your dreams are trying to communicate that this is not the 'true' love you expect from the relationship. That could very well be the primary message of your dreams. Your wish is for those 'loving lips' and if the kiss can not be consumated then your unconscious will refelct you true feelings, going beyond what your ego mind thinks. You may think you are in love with him but in truth you are not. Infactuation, a need to be accepted, a desire for a truly romantic relationship with the man of your dreams, these could be the reasons the relationship is consuming you. You were deceived in another relationship, perhaps you are deceiving yourself in this one.

Perhaps it is best you step back and take a long look at the facts of the relationship. Mistrust, suspicions, the differences in age and race. There are a lot of barriers to overcome to make this happen and little seems to be falling into place. If you have to force him to understand you now, what will you have to do later in the relationship that are at odds?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present