Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
resurrecting mother

Hi, this is a dream I had some years ago and it had a big impact on me, sort of archetypical flare. I still rember it.Maybe somebody can interpret it.

My mother is dead in an obscure sinister chamber.The father is holding the deathwatch there.(they don't resemble my real life parents).From the chamber comes out in me ,the dreamer, a ver sinister fear and anxiety.All of a sudden the mother comes out as a zombie chasing me. I start driving my car,now I am in the dream,before I was just watching without seeing myself. I drive like crazy,very fast to escape her.I arrive at a cementery, trying to hide from her,feeling I got rid of her and then in the far distance she comes...closer.I stay, wait, stand my fear...she comes and all of a sudden I realize she has shed her skin like a snake and looks young and vibrant.She says to me :don't fear me. I can help you.Then the scene changes and I am in bar with one of my sons and I introduce him as my lover to everybody else.The old father is somewher there but uninteresting to me.I am with the son.People are a bit scandalised but I don't care. I don't feel guilty and I know it is right.He doesn't really feels as my son in real life.
ok,looking forward to you giving it a try.thanks.lotus

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46,spain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: resurrecting mother

margit,
Out of the dark comes the true self. Out of the sinister chamber {obscure, perhaps not being consciously known? and later in the dream just watching without seeing myself} comes the dreamer, which is you. The dreamer is the dream thus the dream reveals nothing but truth {the ego is the deceiver}. You realize a truth about yourself that was previously unknown, ignored, or repressed?

That type of emotional situation in a personal life could cause real impact, perhaps life changing. Deep emotional stress, perhaps strong complexes or a neurosis being confronted. The first part of the dream seems to be laying the foundation for the dream. A few years back, was that the 'foundation' of your waking life, a strong emotional complex or worse? The fear and anxiety. Typical symptoms of emotional breakdown.

Unless there are parental issues in your life, the mother and father symbols are probably metaphors. The wise feminine {aspect} is not functioning {mother is dead}. The father {controlling masculine} 'preys' for her demise.

The masculine psyche is aware of, and when possible unrelenting to the power of the feminine psyche, and as with the case of the god of Abraham, he does not wish to relinquish authority and power.

Because the 'mother' is dead, she must be resurrected so you can function properly, and give back your sanity. You were running from yourself {we probably are getting into personal issues that only you can know about - actual experiences in your physical and emotional life}.

A snake shedding its skin is a common resurrection motif. Young and vibrant, just like a new born child.

The last part of the dream, where it changes. We could look at the son metaphor to involve literal experiences. But a resurrected feminine will strive to give new life to the masculine also {son as lover - metaphor for reuniting with the masculine}. The old masculine, emotional issue, is no longer a factor {because you have confronted it}. It is a positive sign that you no longer feel any guilt. The changes are 'right'. Balance is returning. Healing?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard,thanks a lot for interpreting.
Yes ,it makes sense.However, I have some parental issues from childhood(dominant distant emotionally blocked father and oversweet,passive,pleasing mother who somehow also was absent due to overworking at the family business).Somehow that reflects in my intimate relationship and at the time of the dream I was getting a divorce after 20 years of a very difficult marriage and the effect was of getting out of a trap as the relationship was quite abusive and complicated.I felt as you describe in the dream,having done the right thing and becoming myself again,and yes there was confronting of many things. My motheraspect was sort of annihilated in that marriage as I had the sensation that I couldn't really mother my kids with the father interfering all the time.I am still working on issues there,but after the dream there was a big inner change.best wishes margit

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46,spain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

margit,
Thanks for your response. Knowing there were parental problems adds with the emotional difficulties you mentioned. Overcoming those difficulties, facing them and putting them their proper place, is a part of the healing process. Perhaps your own resurrection depends on putting that aspect in its place. As sinister as it may have been, finding a way to live with those experiences and find balance despite of them, that will hopefully help with those guilt feelings you experienced. Often one feels guilt when the real blame is with others. Childhood emotional trauma carries into adulthood when the young psyche is so greatly influenced by negative experiences that the child is made to feel as if they are to blame. That is seldom the case, the child is not to blame.

Those inner aspects, the mother within yourself, are most likely influenced also. So too your masculine. The ability to use them effectively is influenced by past negative experiences. No longer hanging onto the guilt is a positive sign you are progressing. It is never an easy process and seldom simple to do. Discipline and recognizing your self worth is important to counter the past. The fact you posted the dream indicates you are willing to confront what has yet to be resolved. Looking inward, and dreams are as inward as you can get, can be a vital tool in the healing process. If you have other dreams, questions or thoughts, we hope you continue to use the Dream Forum in your journey.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present