Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fertility

I had a strange dream that I am trying to understand how & why it fits into my life. Background info I am happily married and have two children. My husband cannot have anymore. The dream starts off in a farming community very small &all the women are required to have their breasts removed and tubes tied. I am pleading with the mayor of the town to spare me such a fate. I start bargaining with him because I cannot imagine a life without breasts or without being able to bear children. The mayor tells me that if I buy a house in the town he will spare me? I would love to hear some thoughts on this. Thank you!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, toronto

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Fertility

Jana,
Do you possess strong nurturing qualities? Was it your desire to have more children? Farms are often symbolic of growing things {children?} and breasts are the tools for nurturing what you grow. The bargaining may be the need/desire to resolve these nurturing conflicts within. Buying a house in the town would represent 'buying' into the inevitable realization that you can still grow as an individual but with the need to accept life as it is {not having more children}. Or there is the possibility of acquiring children by other means. Have you thought of adoption?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for your insight. The dream does make sense now. I wanted more children, however my husband did not. This was 8 years ago. Just recently I caught up with some school friends who all just had their first within the last 9 mths. This is what probably triggered my dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, toronto

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} femaile

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Jana,
Thanks for your response. Your dream and reply helps us better understand how dreams address emotional issues by using metaphors that show your true inner feelings. The language may seem odd to some but in the world of the dream symbolic metaphor is the way the unconscious provides insights to how you really feel.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present