Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robbery

I know I might be posting lots of dreams but this is what this site about, right?

Anyways, feel free to comment anyway you want or not to comment. Just witting it down is already a good start for me.

I prepare a robbery in a small grocery store with a friend. I do not want to do it but I feel I have no choice for an unknown reason (This seems to be a repeating motif for me: Having to do something I don’t want). I do not need to do it as I have enough money and we are not steeling such a big amount. (The risk is big and the gain small) The robbery is done easily (Almost as if I had not done it). Afterwards, I must often go back there with people who do not know what I did. I am very anxious and feel suspected. The owner is watching me very closely. I can’t remember what I was wearing (jacket and or glasses) when doing it (I can’t remember anything about it) and fear I am doing a big mistake going back there with the same clothes. I am anxious about a gossip circulating and feel that everyone knows about my deed. I am terrified about getting caught and having to face the consequences.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Robbery

Jp,
I'm occupied at the moment with other personal matters {self employed contractor} so I won't attempt to interpret your dream at this time. But I do want to comment in brief on your dream and post.

If by posting your dreams you feel you are making progress then please do. Those who contribute their time to the Forum do so when they can. There may be times when it may take a day or two to receive a response, but in general dream requests are answered fairly promptly.

Working with dreams can be an excellent tool for self discovery, and Jung is an excellent teacher of the psyche. There are many resources about Jung here at MDS. If you can take the time to read those pages you will have a better understanding of dreams. That will be helpful for both you and those who interpret your dreams.

In your dream, 'having to do something you don't want to' most surely is addressing some part of your life. Plus the 'The risk is big and the gain small' seems relevant to some part of your waking life also. Dreams speak in symbols/metaphors but actions can be reflective of true experiences. When you quote these parts you demonstrate the emotional energies they possess within you. Look at the parts of the dream and see if you can identity connections to real experiences in your life. Often the actions in a dream will provide insights because they probably represent real actions. When you begin to learn to interpret the symbols, the dream pattern begins to fall in place.

And you learn something about yourself. Why it is called self discovery.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jp

I have yet to look at your next dream and so the story unfolds.
I think you are on the rigth track, albeit you don't have the answers yet ,,, it is often the way, that when we (finally) pay attention to our Inner Voice then we seem to be flooded with dreams, thoughts, etc

Frther to what Gerard has said, there seems to be another key in this dream
'I am doing a big mistake going back there with the same clothes.'
So whatever it is ,,, i) it is a big mistake to go back there and ii) it suggests that it is some change in yourself or how you show yourself to the world -> whatever changes have taken place are the rigth ones

keep going, all the best - always
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Jp,
The only experience I have with dream interpretation is looking into my own dreams, but as I read your dream which reminded me of my own, I had some questions that I wanted to ask. And, keep in mind as you read my questions what Justin might be asking "Are there changes in yourself and how you show yourself to the world" (persona)?

Is there a conflict between a part that wants to take charge or control in acknowledging some needs or wants, and another part that feels scared to acknowledge those needs for fear of the consequences?
"Terrified of getting caught" Guilt? Fear of how you would appear to the world? Too needy? Childish? How would you be different? Worse or better?

How are you like the owner wathcing "your every move?" Do you have a strong inner judge/critic? Fearing gossip (your own inner dialoge)?

Does part of you want to remember (acknowledge) some need while the other part wants to deny or repress the desire that need (makes you have to steal at the store)?

Hope this helps.
Martha

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas on my dream.

Of course, changes are happening in me. I think they happen every second inside everybody. Most people choose to ignore them. As Jung said, “As most people chose to ignore even the ethical problem of their conscience mind, why would they bother about what their unconscious mind has to say about it” I think I might have rationalized a lot of decision in my life based on my own insecurity in life. I always had a strong confidence that I could succeed in anything, but have never yet took any risk. So I end up having accomplished a lot, but not necessarily the things I wanted to. I now pay more attention to my dreams and thoughts and I realize that these desires are still bubbling inside. I know they want me to change, and I want to change too. I know it will happen.
I had another dream two nights ago. I was in car on the highway and missed the exit that I was supposed to take. I slow down and see a motorcycle take a narrow trail that seems to go where I want. It’s a 180 degree turn (as in a big change of direction) I follow his way by going over on the grass and follow him in the trail that leads back to the right highway. When I get back on it, I feel relaxed.

I think this one speaks by itself….

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present