Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wolves/ dogs

woke from this one pretty upset, my unconcious is realy trying to tell me something with this one! This was a long dream, but the most significant is as follows; I am living in a house in a beautiful national park, with a large family, who are arguing and singing. I am the father and i have had enough and need to get outside. I decide to go for a run. I start jogging through this great native bush and think to myself 'i hope i dont see any wolves because i didnt tell anyone i was going and noone knows where i am' then i think, i shouldnt 'jinks' myself so i forget about it and focus on the run. i go down alot of stairs to a creek bed that's not flowing. i start to walk over the rocks to get to the other side and see a black wolf. i crouch down and freeze, hoping he dosent see me, then i notice another black wolf on the other side who is his mother and she sees me. they both come over to me and i try to act passive. but they are aggresive and hungry and start to attack me. i realize that i am going to die, i am lying on my back and they are mauling me. then i am up and the wolves are now white dogs. i know i have to kill them or they will kill me. i pick up sandstone paving bricks and throw them, breaking the mother dogs spine. she is paralyzed but still alive, she is a big white labradour type. then i start smashing her son who is now a pup. i smash his spine and his neck which is now long like a lambs. he is still alive but will soon die and i pick him up and put him on his mums chest. she lifts her head and sniffs him. she is covered in blood and about to die also, then she puts her head down to die. i wake up and cry alot!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: wolves/ dogs

Hi Edwina

Wolfs in dreams show many faces and have positive associations as well as negative ones.

The positive aspects of a wolf tend to personify or invoke a strong sense of faithfulness, innerstrength and intuition, in reality the wolf is a social, intelligent and friendly animal.
The darker faces of a wolf however can portray a sense of lonliness, 'the lone wolf' as well as other qualitys such as the fierce devouring aspects which your dream seems to highlight in the colour of the wolfs coat.

The beginning of the dream suggests that your personal house that you keep in order, that is your personal psyche, that you the father 'your day to day thoughts and beliefs' manages, has had enough with some situation within that seems to be in some sort of disorder and decide to go for a run, Is this a way you clear your mind, reorganize your thoughts when feeling this way in your day to day self your call here,though your dream indicates that your masculine energetic here is looking for a way to deal with this current sense of inner disharmony 'arguing'.

Your thoughts here have seemd to split away from what has been going on internally for you and this sparks a fear that this lack of internal communication may be at your detriment, bumping into a wolf is your fear, I get the impression here the wolf is imparting the message that there is a certain fear of being alone, or lonliness as your masculine thinking self is split of from your core sense of self, which you need to get a way from in your head. Your higher aspect thinking self also understands that at some level this fear of being alone, (if thats what the wolf represents for you) will ultimatly attract those situations into your life 'jinx' that will further bring about this sense of isolation.

Indeed it does as you now move into your unconscious self you find that yor emotions are not moving, there is no sense of flow here 'dry riverbed' and the wolfs you encounter may suggest that behind the fear of lonliness, may lie a fear of your own inner strength fiercness and power. Your dream at this point does suggest that you need to trust these feelings and come to know your own power. when we feel a certain way our impulses for survival 'hungary wolves' are to act out of aggression to be fierce.

A fear of being alone can make a person impulsive with their responses fierce or otherwise, futhering the divide they feel within themselves.

Your own response here when you encounter these deeply set impulses in self is to kill them quash them, breaking their spines there support structure which gave me the idea mentioned above that acting on impulse to others can really damage ones support structure they have around them pushing people away which further leads to a sense of isolation within a sense of feeling unsupported.

If thus far this dream rings a bell for you then a sense of feeling unsupported in your life can lead to various spinal problems within your back. your dream may be showing you this either physically, metaphorically or both as our mind - body organism are one as our consciousness manifests in our physical. The physical can also be a map for understanding where root problems and blockages exist within our Selves.

The mother and cub implication of the wolves may also suggest how this internal dynamic has been set up. Altogether your leaving the house your way of getting away from things your active thoughts distancing ythemselves from what is going on within ultimately leads to these feelings that are at play currently in your life. By coming to terms with what is going on inside of you at the moment and sharing them with someone you trust may help to bridge the feelings of isolation you feel from keeping your own distance.

This dream no doubt had a profound effect on you and my guess is it has also been very healing connecting you with your deep resoivoir of feeling that has up until now 'run dry' and allowing you to express what has been building up for you in some way.

These are just some ideas at least to consider and is only my limited perspective I may be totally of key but If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Best of luck to you Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Dear Marce, Thankyou so much for your reply. Your 'limited' perspective is truely amazing! This was a very profound dream for me and i actually spent most of the day crying about killing those dogs! It has taken a while for me to digest your insights as it seems my intelect did actually run off and i was left only with the emotions! You make complete sense to me about the split of my masculine energy as there was a clear knowledge in the dream that i would not be missed or rescued in a hurry. I am also aware of the dangers of running away from my emotions which i guess is a pattern for me. i am still a little confussed about the white dogs. Am i telling myself that these are the positive aspects of the wolf? or are they aspects of myself i am killing to avoid the wolf (independence, power)? do you think this is about what i have sacrificed in order to continue this 'split' of the intelect and emotions? I am also a bit unsure about the mother and son aspects of the wolves and dogs, do you think it is to do with imbalance in masculine and feminine again? Thanks again for your help - hope you are well
edwina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Edwina,
Although Marce may have 'limited perspective' to the dream, his knowledge of Jungian thought and dream psychology goes a long way in his ability to read your dream. Plus, he seems to have a keen intuitive sense that few men possess. Marce is new to the forum but he seems to have a perspective on the dream that is very beneficial in helping others understand their dreams. If his interpretation provided true insights to your life, well, that is the ultimate goal here at the forum.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Edwina

Im glad you found some meaning within your dream,

The end of your dream seems to elicit some sense of destruction to your inner sense of responsibility, in all of this.

Dogs again have many associations, but from a more esoteric point of view A dogs Karma on incarnation is to help humans develop within themselves a sense of responsibility, and often children with dogs will be taught the essence of taking responsibility through looking after their dogs.

To destoy the dogs in this way is to in some way avoid taking responsibility for your current feelings, when we deny responsibility for the way we feel then we tend to blame outwards and hold other people/circumstances responsible for our situation.

Thats not to say that taking responsibility is to believe that it is ones fault either, but more so taking responsibility is to see how one created this particular scenario and to own that which is an empowering statement and change in in ones own concious energy.

The energy of killing the dogs in this way is to protect yourself ultimately your (day to day organzational thoughts) and may be a way you have protected yourself for much of your life your sense of identity, by lashing or blaming outwardly that what is causing this tirade of emotion within you is something or someone elses fault, this way you protect your own day to day masculine identity ie your thoughts attitudes and behaviour.

The deep sadness you feel within may be both as a consequence of the turmoil generated within you from acting out in this way in the only way you have known how, along with the acknowledgement weather conscious or unconscious of how you have created this situation, to be on your own with just your thoughts and no sense of support can be quite a scary place, no one to rescue you etc.

The mother and cub aspect of this may refelct where you picked up this pattern of not taking responsibility, and may be a trait learned from your relationship with your mother just one possible scnario and saying how your own masculine was influenced by the mother aspect in your life,

Like |I say the dogs may have other associations but I get the feeling that respnsibility fits more appropriatly as confirmed from ones sense to run away from what is happening within as well.

I hope that has thrown a little light on your questions and again it is just my limited perspective, good luck and many blessings

Marce

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Thanks Gerard for you comments
Youve created a wonderful space to share ones dreams and insights here at the myths forum and seems to be a place of much learning and support.

I have a read a little of Jung as well as Joseph campbell and Robert johnson in the past, and have found them all an inspiration to understanding dreams, and do when giving an interpratation find the language these learned men introduced into dream psychology very useful in getting accross ideas and concepts of being able to open up dreams to their unlimited possibilitys.

Within dreams I also believe there exists behind all the psychology of the dream a spiritual layer that is a living breathing component of the dream and also sets the stage for another layer of understanding, this inspiration I draw on more from the esoteric aspect of relating to the dreaming mind, writings by Alice Baily, CW leadbeater and numerous others who all had/have profound understanding into the nature of dreams and our more subtle anatomys, and it is this path that time again now that I seem to be relating to, to further my own understanding. It never cease's to amaze me how at some point everything that I read in life there has always been a timing factor involved ie reading and being inspired by those books/people that have helped me develop a certain train of thought or understanding that has come at the right moment.

It seems there is little room for randomness and Jungs incarnation was not by chance his work has influenced a part of the western world of psychology with his prolific essays and incarnated at a particular time that was right to reach out to a certain group that resonated within his paradigm even many years down the line his energy reaches out and resonates lifting them to another plateu another vibration of understanding.

Over the years what I have personally come to see though is the many paradigms that do exist each one resonating to a particular mode of understanding and relating that is perfect for the individual who chooses to follow that particualr path and may be right for them as part of their sacred contract to further a development in a particular field of consciousness.

There have been many who over the course of our known history have influenced the direction humanity has/is taking, we are all important pieces of the puzzle,and what is important that I believe, is that our understanding continues to grow eveolve, just as we think we have reached a level of insight it seems the next plateu awaits. This for me is what makes life so exciting its progression.

Thankyou again for your comments I look forward to learning more here Marce

Marce, I am deeply gratefull for your indepth corespondence. You have highlighted some issues that are not easy for me to deal with and therefore i think you are reflecting some truths back at me. These issues of responsibility, power (submission and aggression)and a polarisation of masculine and feminine aspects seem to be at the core of the self i experience today! I knew this dream was a powerfull one, and if not for your comments i may have dismissed the 'hidden' meanings because of my painful emotional response. I think i need to take some time to digest it further as it really reaches deep into my complexes and my sense of who i am. I am in awe of your insights and inspired by your knowledge and skills in communicating these complex ideas. Thankyou Thankyou and Thankyou!!
edwina

Gerard, I am not sure if i was clear enough in my response that when i mentioned "limited" perspective, i was being sarcastic. Sorry if you thought i was being offensive, it was not intended. I am extremely gratefull for this site and all who have responded to my posts, especially yourself. Thankyou for your hard work - i love this site!
edwina

Edwina,
Not to worry. I didn't take it as sarcasm. And I appreciate your kind remarks about Myths-Dreams-Symbols and the Dream Forum. As brilliant as Jung was when it comes to understanding the psyche, his compassion for helping others was just as important. We strive to help others understand their dreams so they can better understand themselves. I think I speak for all who contribute to the Forum that it is that desire that makes the Dream Forum unique and a Forum where anyone can be open and honest about themselves.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

And to Marce.
I agree completely about the spiritual aspect. Jung consciously included that aspect in his philosophy of the dream because he witnessed so many of his patients find a 'cure' to their ailments when they did discover that spiritual Self.

With your insights it is obvious you possess a talent for the dream. I will conclude that is primarily because you possess a keen intuitive sense. I believe it is by design that spirituality and intuitiveness, both of which are higher feminine qualities, go hand in hand. As does the creative Self.

I hope you will continue to contribute your services to the Forum and become a regular Forum contributor. As you can see there are plenty of posted dreams that require attention. Since we all have day jobs it is sometimes difficult to give a prompt response to each post. The desire is to answer all dream requests. It is a part of caring. And the spiritual Self that wishes to give of oneself to others.

Thanks for your time and efforts. I look forward to your insightful response to future dream requests. This is a learning place and you add much to that process.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present