Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sleep demon

The other night, I had a dream that so real and so scary, I had no idea if i was awake for asleep. It so terrifing because one of the most famous horror monsters was in it.

It started off like it was a normal school day at my high school. Students were taking notes, boring lectures from the teachers, same old same old. But then there was an alarm going off and we were told the school was going on lock down. Apparently, a dangerous criminal got into the school and threatened the entire student body. You know who that criminal was, Freddy Kruger.

That's right, I had a dream with Freddy in it. He kept jumping out at the windows of the classroom I was in, scratching the glass with his razor fingers. He was looking stright at me with this evil grin. I ran out of the classroom to avoid him, but he just kept following me. I was nearly scared to death.

The scariest part about this dream was how real it felt.I couldn't tell if I was awake, asleep, or in a nightmare on elm street film. A dream never scared me so much before.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 St.Louis MO

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: sleep demon

Samuel,
Not knowing more about your personal life makes it difficult to say what 'demon Freddie represents in your dream. It could be something deep seeded from earlier life experiences. Or it could be the normal fears experienced in the stage of life you are in {out of high school, having to face the social requirements of work and responsibility}. Since in your dream you are going about the daily mundane chores required of you, he may represent the new stresses afforded you since you are having to go through the transition of school boy to 'manhood'. Life's responsibilities is something you can't avoid and they can cause a lot of stress. That stress can be translated into the dream as a monster chasing you. If there are not any early traumatic experiences in your life { physical or psychological abuse, experiences, etc}, then I would look to these new stresses in your life as perhaps the monster that is starring you down.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow, your amazing.

Over the past 9 months or so, my life taken major turns. It began when my abusive father died in the hospital due to a stroke. He died only a few days before my ninteenth birthday. Since then, I've been in and out of social security and welfare offices. I had to get a job at the highschool I was going to at the time and drop nearly all my classes to keep it. And, this is only an estimate, but I've probibly seen a dozen or so social workers. I had only just graduated from highschool.

From what I can tell, it sounds like Freddy is a symbol for the fear I have for myself. That I don't if i'll be able to handle this new adult life that seems almost forced upon me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 St.Louis MO

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Samuel,
It does sounds as if you have a lot of 'adult' responsibilities in your life. Let's hope everything falls into place and the transition becomes a little less like 'freddy kruger'. You may want to stay away from windows for awhile, at least until you are able to put things into perspective.

The abusive nature of the relationship with your father may still be prevalent in future dreams. They may take on a whole new 'Krugerish' style, this time dealing with that past relationship. If so you are encouraged to post those dreams so we can help with their understanding. But don't let the sudden adult responsibilities keep you from achieving those educational goals. If that happens 'Freddie' wins. That would be a nightmarish scenario and your adulthood could be even more trying. But I do sense a genuine sense of responsibility on your part. Doing what is required of you in the present speaks well of the possibilities for your future. Look at it as a start of your own heroic journey.

May the Force be with you.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present