Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Food and stuff

food and stuff
I had placed this on the discussion forum in error.

i dreamt i was at an amusement park and i walked up to the lady in the candy booth and asked her to show me how to make cotton candy. She told me she had to teach me to model first, so i went through the motions with her. She quickly realised that i was very skilled in that area and went back to teaching me to make the cotton candy. I made myself a nice potion of pink cotton candy, packed it in a pink bag and left eating it. (Not sure if this part which follows is connected to the first but it was in the dream sequence). I am walking through town and I have a basket of long loaves of bread(like baguettes) with a bowl of tuna fish(canned tuna). I meet two beggars at the side of the road on the steps of a fancy building, where they were sheltering. I stopped to ask them why they were in that condition and they started to touch the bread because they were hungry. I gave them two loaves of bread and i gave them some of the tuna fish from the bowl.I was wearing a hooded cloak, like little red riding hood, did not get a color. My clothing looked like from olden times like medieval or biblical.
Final dream of the night: I am in my mother's house(where i now live) and these two ladies i know(one I am awaiting a reply for a job, Aprylle, the younger is my cousin). They interview me briefly and for some reason Aprylle is staying at my home as a guest and she is eating constantly. My younger brother is on a living room chair folding clothes, on the table next to him is a hot dog, there are tiny ants crwaling all over it but she eats it. Then she goes into the kicthen where my mother is cooking, there are two eggs in the pan and she eats those too. Then she tells my mom that she will teach her how to make a dish from her country and proceeds to cook that. The house is messy and only my brother and I seem to make an effort to clean it up or even notice it is messy. She and my mom are having a nice time and i am in the kitchen cleaning and observing them. I heard a loud popping sound like something broke. When i turned around i saw my brother looking out of balance and shaken. The glass he was holding in his hand had broken close to his ear and the loud popping sound through him off balance. I ran to his rescue and put him to sit in a chair to steady him. He was not hurt except for tiny scratch and i wiped off the blood with my finger. I inspected his ear and face, told him he was fine and that he should have a doctor check his ear. I have no ideas what my mom and Aprylle were doing at that time.
Email: janinebilly@hotmail.com

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Janinebilly@hotmail.com

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, maybe under Janine or Cindy but same e-mail address

Re: Food and stuff

Hi Janine

thanks for posting - your age would help help the interpretation and the context of reply - here are my thoughts

The first thing that strikes me in reading this dream is the 'model' archetype ,,, are you a model ? in some way ? Or is this a reference in the dream to your desire for perfection or to be seen as perfect, I am not sure; or as you 'only went through the motions' does this mean that you have thought that you have needed to do things but have not really put your heart into them ?

There is a real contrast in these parts of the dream.
1. amusement park: superficial amusement, candy (superficial food, satisfaction), and you ate it.
2.Contrasting: the next part ,,, can you describe the next part ? to me it is full of biblical references + symbols (are you of Christian background?). The setting is medievil, hooded cloak, loaves + fishes,

The rest of the dream may refer to the current state of you life or things going on in your life.
The dream suggests that you are in the process of 'cleaning up the mess' of your inner world, or perhaps addressing matters in your waking life.

Overall, the dream offers a real contrast - and I suspect that this is abot showing you how you have been living compared to how you might be living ,,, there is an imbalance in the masculine - feminine in the dream. The masculine are the beggers are they not? The constant eating and the amusement part both suggest an excess of the material world - excess feminine but in a materialistic sense. Time to get real ,,,,

hope this helps
please let me know your thoughts
All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

I am 36, just turned 36 at the end of May. Yes concerning the "model" archetype, i do have a tendency to want to be seen as perfect. Which would explain why I did not want to do that anymore. Secondly, the beggare are men and I am of a Christian background. Which is also interesting since a week ago i dreamt on two seperate nights that i was in a ritual, lying on a table there was a figure over me, he used a sword to make the symbol of the cross on my body. Lengthwise from my neck to my navel and then across under my breast bone. This same motion was then done again using oil. There were many people in the room watching the ritual.

I am in the process of cleaning up my inner world and applying what i have learnt to my waking life. What should i make of the contrast?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, maybe under Janine or Cindy but same e-mail address

Hi Janine

well you are certainly amoungst it ,,,, and as a friend once said to me when I was in the wars ,,,, "that's great you must be ready"

I would prefer to mention that you look at the 'sign of the cross' made over your body in terms of chakras - and if you are not familiar with them then it might be a good time.
Let me not be so subtle ,,, the fourth chakra is the heart chakra ,, it is the transition point from the ego to the heart ,,
the other chakras line up - just as the spine does ,,, these are energetic centres ,,, our energeitic anatomy.
My entry point to this system was also throught my dreams - personal relevence.

Be great
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

thank you on both counts
janine

stats from 7-14-10 to the present