Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream

Hi, I had a dream I was in a house for some reason I adopted a black child. I was continually keeping watch on the child. There were rooms and in one of the rooms was a Lion. There was also a telephone which was ringing and my sister at the end of the line. My primary concern was to keep a watchfull eye on the child. Eventually the natural parents came looking for the child, they gave me a photo of them when they were married. thanks Paula

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 dublin ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream

Paula,
Unless there are actual experiences having to do with the dream contents then the black child is most likely an aspect about yourself that you are needing to continually watch. Since the child {no gender given} is adopted it may suggest it is a trait, habit you have taken on that others possess {perhaps your sister}. Lions are noted for their strength and aggression. This may be aspects that you have adopted from others, something that may not fit with who you are and needs to be watched as how it is utilized.
The natural parents may be saying something about your natural aspects as opposes to these borrowed traits. Or it could be saying something about your own natural parents, perhaps suggesting traits or habits that they possessed and were passed on to your sister. These things may fit with your sister but are not natural for you. Or perhaps unconsciously {black} you have adopted these aspects and they have an uncomfortable or unnatural fit.

Let me know if this interpretation fits somewhere in your life. Your thoughts and response may provide clues to a better understanding of the dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Paula,
On a waking level the dream may describe emphasis of some aspect in the relationship of you and your sister. Likely a distant emotional relationship due to some past conflict that unconsciously you now desire to resolve. An indication to examine actions of both you and your sister in this. In looking at alternate perceptions of the situation you may discover an entirely different situation than that of initial conscious perception that now resides within you. And possibly a resolution to this inner and outer conflict.

The symbols:

The house would represent you. Adopting could be looking back at something past that became a part of you, you took this within. The black child may symbolize some service or assistance that one sister provided to the other, and dual meaning in that contemplating the past initial discourse is helpful to you. The lion could be caution in avoiding possible harm or danger. Phone ringing may be communication from the unconscious, it is calling you to examine this. Also, perhaps a desire that your sister make the first move to reconcile the relationship. Sister at the end of the line may be setting something apart from your Self – not owning it. Watching the child would then be observing the development of this within you with indication to open to this view of the situation. The natural parents could be demand as one’s due. Photo of them married being the social exchange of opinions and attitudes.

As always, a dream interpretation may or may not be close. If not close it may serve as a starting point in your examination of this dream.

Please respond with your thoughts, even if the interpretation is way off the mark. The Forum is a place of learning. Dreams, and dreamer feedback on their dreams and interpretation provide useful knowledge to those here studying Psyche and psychology.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Gerard,
I do have a sister who is a single mother, my niece is black? our relationship would be strained at times. perhaps this is symbolic. There was also a telephone and a bed in my dream. Finding a comfortable bed for the child (girl) seemed to also dominate the dream. My instructor(teacher) entered my dream and lay beside me in the bed and put his arms around me?
kindly, paula

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 dublin ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

oops just realised i mentioned the telephone previously and thanks Kathy.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 ire

stats from 7-14-10 to the present