www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Scary dream

Well it started off in my house. I wanted to get my hair cut so I took the car and got to the hair salon and it turned into a hair salon/restaraunt. I told the hair stylist that I would be back tomorrow. I went outside and my hubby and his friend were waiting for me in a different car. We ended up in this strange creepy looking house. My hubby and his friend disappeared.
    The only one that was left there was me and my father in law. We were passing under this canopy and he said "look there is the owner of the house" and walked off. I looked up and saw this tall man with a mustache and his skin was green and peeling off. I got scsred and ran after my father in law. He was to fast for me. Every time I tryed to catch up with him he got further away. Well I saw him going inside the house so I ran as fast as I could to catch him before he closed the door but the door shut and then the guy with the peeling greenish skin flew down from the canopy and launched at me.
    He reached his hands out to me and opened his mouth wide and began to screa at me. Then I woke up. It was soooo scary. Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 years old from Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Scary dream

Cutieberries,
    Let's see if we can't dissect this dream to where we can understand how it relates to your waking life {which is what dreams are about, your life}.

The dream starts out in your house {you}. Hair is often symbolic of strength, and/or the thinking process. Putting off cutting your hair may represent putting off decisions.
    The decision{s} to be made may involve putting yourself in a different position {a different car}, a position that you alone must face {hubby and his friend disappeared}. Going it alone is symbolic of a feminine trait, no masculine support {which could be literal or representative of your own masculine qualities}.

Enters your father-in-law. Here is where it is important to know the relationship {if any that is important} with your father-in-law. I sense it is in some way about that relationship. In the dream he leaves you alone to face the 'scary man'. You try to catch up with him but he is too fast. I believe these actions may have to do with real waking life events. Are you trying to get closer in your relationship with your father-in-law but find it difficult? This endeavor to get closer may be what is scary {the man with green and peeling skin}. The other house may be that desired relationship you wish to have with him.

There may be feelings, or fears, that he will reject your attempts to become closer. He may even present an attitude that makes you believe his is trying to 'close on the door' on such possibilities. On the one hand he may be offering his friendship {reached his hands out to mebegan to scream at me}.

I may be way off about this dream. Your age presents a real challenge in an attempt to understand your dream. If you were older I would look more at the inner aspects but I sense this dream is addressing current waking life situations. I am correct or way off base? Is there waking life experiences that involve your father-in-law, and does the rest make any sense for you?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present