Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
strangers

The other night I had a dream in which I was driving down this country road. There were no cars on the road but mine. When I stopped for a red light, I heard funny noises from behind me like someone was walking. I looked in my rearview mirror but saw no one...then all of a sudden there were these strange men just standing by the side of my car staring at me and not saying a word. I rolled down my window and said, "who are you? they still did not answer. I drove away real quick and a few miles down the road..there they were again. All of a sudden there was terrible lightning in the sky and I heard a scream cause one of the guys got struck by lightning...after this happened, I just woke up from the dream..does anyone know what this all means?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: strangers

Connie,
This is undoubtedly about you, your inner resources, perhaps about past experiences that are now just beginning to {U>resurface. They have to do with masculine issues {either real males or your own masculine aspects}. But those experiences are still unconscious, you either have yet to recognize them are refuse to do so. They are intermittently showing up. It may be that this aspect is about to thrust itself upon you {lightening striking one guy}.

What is it in your waking life that recently {prior to the dream} has started to show itself? Have there been any recent emotional issues that have juts popped up and you are beginning to realize or see something from your past? Let me know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Connie,
Overall the dream may describe an unconscious defense complex derived from projection of fear with conscious justification of the complex. Justification may arise from some past negative experience of feeling controlled or possessed. This would divert you from doing those things you really enjoy acting as a self limitation in your life and personal development so needs resolution.

The dream may present a comparison of two similar experiences, of one past and one current, for side by side examination. In past you may have passively assented or submitted due to some emotional baggage residing within. That baggage may be a source of projecting fear outwardly on others which manifests as nervousness, agitation, or irritation, etc. This may describe a need to make your position or message clear and visible, to speak out. Exactly what your emotional response is only you know. This may also denote a need to get a handle on this, develop self possession or control and that the stimulus that evokes this fear projection is fear of being possessed or controlled by another. Defensiveness often manifests from perceiving a possible, but not probable, attack. Defensiveness is then used as a diversion to draw away the perceived ‘enemy’ resulting in separation from and inability to connect with others. Hence the dream title 'strangers'.

As always, this may or may not be close. If this seems to fit with your thoughts on the dream and your life then deliberate work to discover the source and work through the psychological complex would come next. This involves seeking out the memory of some past event or important influence (parent, teacher, etc) that is the source. Looking for similar behaviour pattern in a person influential in your past life can help identify this. Developing the ability to interact with others non defensively would enable you to communicate what you really intend rather than an unconscious emotional response that is a distortion of what was intended.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Gerard and Kathy for your responses to my dream. You both make very good sense and I see where Kathy says that I may act defensively. Wow! I have been told by many that I sometimes act defensively when I don't want to be bothered with a matter that needs attention or agree to something that I don't like..."stubborn" I have been called; moody at times..happy I guess when the moon is in my sign. I appreciate both of your very good meanings to this dream. Regards, Connie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present