www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    strangers

The other night I had a dream in which I was driving down this country road. There were no cars on the road but mine. When I stopped for a red light, I heard funny noises from behind me like someone was walking. I looked in my rearview mirror but saw no one...then all of a sudden there were these strange men just standing by the side of my car staring at me and not saying a word. I rolled down my window and said, "who are you? they still did not answer. I drove away real quick and a few miles down the road..there they were again. All of a sudden there was terrible lightning in the sky and I heard a scream cause one of the guys got struck by lightning...after this happened, I just woke up from the dream..does anyone know what this all means?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: strangers

Connie,
    This is undoubtedly about you, your inner resources, perhaps about past experiences that are now just beginning to {U>resurface. They have to do with masculine issues {either real males or your own masculine aspects}. But those experiences are still unconscious, you either have yet to recognize them are refuse to do so. They are intermittently showing up. It may be that this aspect is about to thrust itself upon you {lightening striking one guy}.

What is it in your waking life that recently {prior to the dream} has started to show itself? Have there been any recent emotional issues that have juts popped up and you are beginning to realize or see something from your past? Let me know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Connie,
    Overall the dream may describe an unconscious defense complex derived from projection of fear with conscious justification of the complex. Justification may arise from some past negative experience of feeling controlled or possessed. This would divert you from doing those things you really enjoy acting as a self limitation in your life and personal development so needs resolution.

The dream may present a comparison of two similar experiences, of one past and one current, for side by side examination. In past you may have passively assented or submitted due to some emotional baggage residing within. That baggage may be a source of projecting fear outwardly on others which manifests as nervousness, agitation, or irritation, etc. This may describe a need to make your position or message clear and visible, to speak out. Exactly what your emotional response is only you know. This may also denote a need to get a handle on this, develop self possession or control and that the stimulus that evokes this fear projection is fear of being possessed or controlled by another. Defensiveness often manifests from perceiving a possible, but not probable, attack. Defensiveness is then used as a diversion to draw away the perceived ‘enemy’ resulting in separation from and inability to connect with others. Hence the dream title 'strangers'.

As always, this may or may not be close. If this seems to fit with your thoughts on the dream and your life then deliberate work to discover the source and work through the psychological complex would come next. This involves seeking out the memory of some past event or important influence (parent, teacher, etc) that is the source. Looking for similar behaviour pattern in a person influential in your past life can help identify this. Developing the ability to interact with others non defensively would enable you to communicate what you really intend rather than an unconscious emotional response that is a distortion of what was intended.

Kind regards,
    Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Gerard and Kathy for your responses to my dream. You both make very good sense and I see where Kathy says that I may act defensively. Wow! I have been told by many that I sometimes act defensively when I don't want to be bothered with a matter that needs attention or agree to something that I don't like..."stubborn" I have been called; moody at times..happy I guess when the moon is in my sign. I appreciate both of your very good meanings to this dream. Regards, Connie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present