Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Carnival In The Middle of the Forrest..recurring

This isn't really a particular dream, but more of a recurring motif in my dreams, and I'm curious if any of you have run into it before. I am 35 and male, married with no kids. I have a degree in philosophy and psychology, (both equally framed and equally worthless in my home office), and have a basic grasp on Jungian theory...Anyways, in many of my dreams, I am on the way to a carnival in the middle of a forest. It is ofttimes night and I am usually in a crowd of aquaintances and/or friends. We seem to look forward to the carnival at first, but 'something' happens and the mood darkens and changes into something more sinister. The carnival seems to consist of a ferris wheel and a few other rides and also the typical clowns, vendors, and food places. Now, I have my own ideas and such, and I do believe the idea, as Jung did, that dreams happen in a series and its almost always impossible to intepret a single dream, but this image is a constant one, and I would guess it appears in my dreams at least three times a month, sometimes more. I am curious to know if any of you have similar recurring dreams and or symbols and what you make of them.

Thanks,

Paul

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Tifton, Ga

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: The Carnival In The Middle of the Forrest..recurring

Paul,
One thing we adhere to about Jungian dream psychology is his philosophy of the dream being about the dreamer and the dreamer's life. If we put the carnival in context of being your life, with the everyday mundane aspects in life {the usual rides, typical clowns, vendors, and food places}, we get a glimpse of your waking life. But there is that sinister part also and somewhere in your life there would be a 'sinister' aspect thatseems to be the focus of your dreams.
It starts out with darken moods. Are there such moods in your life? These dream events are often at night which may suggest deeper emotional issues, most likely unresolved issues. I get a sense that who you are and how you evolved may play into the outlook on life you possess in the present {which fits us all}. Your outlook and the influences that provide you with that particular frame of mind may be what needs to be defined and acknowledged.
What is it in your life that would provide a sinister aspect? Discover that and I believe you will discover the message behind these recurring dream motifs. Recurring dreams or motifs usually suggest there are unresolved issues and the dream is attempting to help you resolve these issues. And will do so until those emotional issues are resolved.

As for the 'worthless', framed diplomas. Perhaps if your psychology education had been more Jung you would have discovered inner resources that are more positive and helpful in your life. Jung's approach is first scientific {the science of psychology} and second open to all possibilities, including the metaphysical. I define metaphysical {as I believe Jung would also} as not something miraculous, but within the realm of nature, natural aspects we all possess but are unaware of. Intuitiveness is one of those aspects. Creativity another. Spirituality, within nature and beyond religious ideas, a third.

It makes interesting what many would think of as mundane, incorporating the metaphysical possibilities.

Your thoughts?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
Thanks for your reply. I too believe that if my psyche keeps bringing it up, it must mean something important that I've yet to absorb into my waking life. Part of me believes the message could be simple as in 'stop playing around so much'...but it just seems to have a much more sinister message...thanks for your reply and for the site. If I have a dream about the carnival in the next little bit, I'll post it for you to look at.

Thanks again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Tifton, Ga

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

carnival can be a play on words as its root sounds like carnal.
The forest could be your sub, and the carnival going dark could be your feelings about, as you said, not taking life seriously enough. The clowns are a sign of a lack ofseriousness, and the vendors at carnival usually sell indulgences or sweets, the food as well.

The ferris wheel may represent a cycle that you are caught up in. This may be why the dream is recurring.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present