www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    The Carnival In The Middle of the Forrest..recurring

This isn't really a particular dream, but more of a recurring motif in my dreams, and I'm curious if any of you have run into it before. I am 35 and male, married with no kids. I have a degree in philosophy and psychology, (both equally framed and equally worthless in my home office), and have a basic grasp on Jungian theory...Anyways, in many of my dreams, I am on the way to a carnival in the middle of a forest. It is ofttimes night and I am usually in a crowd of aquaintances and/or friends. We seem to look forward to the carnival at first, but 'something' happens and the mood darkens and changes into something more sinister. The carnival seems to consist of a ferris wheel and a few other rides and also the typical clowns, vendors, and food places. Now, I have my own ideas and such, and I do believe the idea, as Jung did, that dreams happen in a series and its almost always impossible to intepret a single dream, but this image is a constant one, and I would guess it appears in my dreams at least three times a month, sometimes more. I am curious to know if any of you have similar recurring dreams and or symbols and what you make of them.

Thanks,

Paul

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Tifton, Ga

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: The Carnival In The Middle of the Forrest..recurring

Paul,
    One thing we adhere to about Jungian dream psychology is his philosophy of the dream being about the dreamer and the dreamer's life. If we put the carnival in context of being your life, with the everyday mundane aspects in life {the usual rides, typical clowns, vendors, and food places}, we get a glimpse of your waking life. But there is that sinister part also and somewhere in your life there would be a 'sinister' aspect thatseems to be the focus of your dreams.
    It starts out with darken moods. Are there such moods in your life? These dream events are often at night which may suggest deeper emotional issues, most likely unresolved issues. I get a sense that who you are and how you evolved may play into the outlook on life you possess in the present {which fits us all}. Your outlook and the influences that provide you with that particular frame of mind may be what needs to be defined and acknowledged.
    What is it in your life that would provide a sinister aspect? Discover that and I believe you will discover the message behind these recurring dream motifs. Recurring dreams or motifs usually suggest there are unresolved issues and the dream is attempting to help you resolve these issues. And will do so until those emotional issues are resolved.

As for the 'worthless', framed diplomas. Perhaps if your psychology education had been more Jung you would have discovered inner resources that are more positive and helpful in your life. Jung's approach is first scientific {the science of psychology} and second open to all possibilities, including the metaphysical. I define metaphysical {as I believe Jung would also} as not something miraculous, but within the realm of nature, natural aspects we all possess but are unaware of. Intuitiveness is one of those aspects. Creativity another. Spirituality, within nature and beyond religious ideas, a third.

It makes interesting what many would think of as mundane, incorporating the metaphysical possibilities.

Your thoughts?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
    Thanks for your reply. I too believe that if my psyche keeps bringing it up, it must mean something important that I've yet to absorb into my waking life. Part of me believes the message could be simple as in 'stop playing around so much'...but it just seems to have a much more sinister message...thanks for your reply and for the site. If I have a dream about the carnival in the next little bit, I'll post it for you to look at.

Thanks again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Tifton, Ga

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

carnival can be a play on words as its root sounds like carnal.
    The forest could be your sub, and the carnival going dark could be your feelings about, as you said, not taking life seriously enough. The clowns are a sign of a lack ofseriousness, and the vendors at carnival usually sell indulgences or sweets, the food as well.

The ferris wheel may represent a cycle that you are caught up in. This may be why the dream is recurring.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present