Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whale

Hello,

here are 2 dreams from last week. The first was dreamt at the 3d of july, the second at the 7th.

1:
I'm on a ship with some other (unknown) people. It feels like we're on a trip, but where to? We are at sea..there's no sign of land anywhere. Then all of a sudden there's light panic. We know that the ship is going to sink. We start to look out over the ocean for something that could save us, but there's nothing.
Then it seems the ship is really going to sink. The left side helds over towards the water. I walk to the right side and see the reason of the sinking. On the surface of the water there's a huge whale and the ship is crossing the whale on its length. It feels like this is really the end for all of us. Allthough the whale seems to be the problem, the whale also makes me feel happy in some kind of way...knowing that seeing the whale is kind of unique.
After we've crossed the whale i suddenly see something in the water that seems like a possible savior. Some metal pillars with a building on it (like a drilling platform, but without the drill). We climb of the ship unto one of the pillars and get inside the building. Some of us say that this will only save us for a short while, because the flood will come...the water will get higher then the metal bars we're walking on. I look up and see that the pillars are going high up and point the others to it. I tell them that maybe we can climb up there, but they stay pessimistic...saying that's not possible.
Then, out of nowhere, a few people appear. They are working in this pillar-building...they feel like they are (geography)researchers. I tell them about my plan to climb up and tell them that my group-mates think that's impossible. One of the researchers answers that i'm right...it is possible...in fact, it's even possible to live up there for some time. I smile and see that the others feel relieved. We get back to the ship to pick up our belongings...the dreams ends.

In the second dream i find myself in a huge aquarium. I'm not swimming but just 'hanging' in the water...under the surface. My mother is hanging right next to me. I turn a little to the left and in front of me a dolphin appears. The dolphin has really large eyes besides his head. He looks very friendly.
I turn to the right again and now i see a huge whale just below the surface of the water. I'm surprised. In the dream i recognize him as the whale from a dream earlier this week, concluding that then i saw him from above and now i see him from below.
Through my thoughts i try to tell my mother what i'm seeing...the dream ends.

For some time already i try to interpret my own dreams. But i fail to this with some...just like the above. It feels like dream nr 1. has to do with the large (worldwide) unconscious and dream nr 2. could be my own unconscious.
On the other hand dream nr 1 could refer to my own uncunscious and dream nr 2 could be a specific area in that uncunscious...like in nr 1 i found the pillars (of my being???) and in nr 2 i used the drilling platform to drill to a specific part of my unconscious.
The whale...my intuition??? Like he's showing the way?

I hope someone has a clearer look about these dreams

Greetz,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Holland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Whale

Seems like some learned behavior, or knowledge is now upending your life, and your sub is struggling with the difficult move to a higher plane of consciousness that you must make. You have a lot of doubt, but also a rational, composed and very well structured belief in your self even though there is doubt.
something is pulling you out of of your comfort zon e and causing you to see the world in a diffrent, and more rational way although some trpidation exists.

The whale is not totally a subconscious entity within you; although a whale lives in water it breaths air. Air is the conscious world. So something from within you is being given life to from without: that is a whale and a dolphin as well. Whale could also be a play on words: wail.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Wow, that was a quick reply..
Thank you Carlos!

It's kind of funny...all you've written there is exactly the fase i'm in right now. The rational, the learned behavior...all things i've come to know about since about 2 years ago. When that all started a totally other side of me came on surface...it felt like life took me all the way...a very funny way...a whole other me appeared from out of the blue.
This seemed like some kind of a learning period and after a while things started to get 'normal' again. Like from that point i had to do it all on my own, so to speak.
Right now i'm standing for several ways to go, choices to be made...not because someone or something tells me to. It's more like i'm at a turning point...a point from which i can start living my dreams.
I don't know if 'wail' could be in place here. I'm from holland. In dutch whale is 'walvis'...so...

Last night i had another dream. With your interpretation i think i understand it.

In this dream i'm caretaking a patient. The patient is having a bloodtransfusion. I'm watching the infusion very carefully. Every moment that i look how much blood has yet to go in i'm surprised. The bottle doesn't seem to get empty. Oke, the blood goes into the patient, but the bottle keeps being filled. Meanwhile the patient is moving through her bed...being very restless. At last i understand that the blood is getting into her body but that she has so much pressure inside that clear liquid is being pressed out of her body into the bottle.

Maybe this is showing some kind of transition fase? The blood being energy/new life (plans, dreams) and the clear liquid maybe emotions (maybe also the water of the subconscious trying to find a way out)?
The restless patient is me...i think the restlesness shows what i feel inside...being moved by so many thoughts and things...

For some reason i think the whale has a positive meaning. Seeing a whale is kind of 'one out of a million' to me. Seeing the whale at the right side (rational) of the ship might mean (like you wrote) that i know 'it'. The left side that sunk because of the whale...is my fear for (new) things, despite the knowing...

The night before whale-dream nr 1 i'd written a poem...about the 'bride of the night'...something like your shadow-persona...like an invitation to myself to get to know her...(maybe sounds a little silly). Maybe the dream was kind of a follow-up...to take a dive into the deep waters of the unconscious...

Thanks again!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

If it fits then there has to be some true validity to the interpretation. Carlos uses Freudian language {and I ass-u-me a more Freudian approach} which CAN be different from Jung's. But we must remember there was a lot of agreement between the two giants before they parted ways. Freud's contributions must never be overlooked, although many have been proven wrong {such as sex being the 'bullwork' of Freud's approach, which Jung rejected}. I haven't studied the dreams in detail but did read Carlos' interpretation. I may have time later to do a thorough examination.

To add to Jung's approach compared to Freud's. In mask's response she mentioned having the impression the whale was a positive thing. In dreams, using Jungian psyche, whales and dolphins within a dream are MORE often symbolic of something positive. And if the impression of the whale was positive then most likely it represents something positive within the dream. And, in Jungian psyche, what occurs in the dream is representative of what is occurring within the dreamer's life. Of course we have to navigate the symbolic metaphors and motifs to understand the dream.

I believe there is much evidence with the posted dreams and interpretations here at the Dream Forum to support this 'theory'. I think there can be little doubt, when the intuitive mind has a particular impression, it will be the right impression of a truth.
Most of the 'metaphysical' schools of thought see whales and dolphins as positive aspects. They live within the deep waters {so, very often they represent deeper unconscious forces, and deeper emotions}, the deep unconscious which is able to tap into that 'collective psyche'. Therein lies real truths, about the dreamer, and possible other knowledge that exceeds the ability of the normal mind to comprehend.

This is a real difference in Jung's approach compared to Freud's. Jung believe in the 'other self', that inner Self while Freud rejected such thinking. Freud's' methods CAN properly address the outer life conditions, but it ignores the 'inner' condition {of course all psychology addresses the inner self. That is what psychology does, But Jung went further, and deeper}. Instead of 'rational' and 'irrational', think positive vs negative.

The whale was on the left side. The left hand path of the hero adventure. Whales as deeper unconscious forces. To understand these deeper emotions would be a positive thing. And these two things, whale and left, go together. Whales live in deep water, these are unconscious things the dream is most likely addressing, inner things and not just outer ego stuff.
Clue. poetry...the creative Self...the Muse....inner resources that provide true balance and harmony to life.

You are at that beginning of the mid-life thing, mask. Perhaps there is a transition of focus starting to take place, less on the outside and more on the inside. I hope to have time to look deeper into your dreams in the morning. Perhaps we can discover other aspects about yourself that the dream wants to convey.

One other thought while on the subject of Freud. An interpretation of a younger person's dream would benefit when given a 'Freudian' approach first. The outside life conditions, the ego building, etc. Common symbols in dreams may not change dramatically {houses, cars, airplanes....etc.} but how they apply may.

And if there is a genuine intuitive impression or hunch. Go with it! Seldom if ever will you go wrong.

That's my religion. Jung tells us that by working with these metaphysical properties, it will
lead to spiritual awakening. I can attest to that theory in my own life.
And the proper word is spirituality. Religion is for those who can not discipline themselves. Spirituality does not exclude nature. That would be excluding human nature. There is no separation.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

although I do believe Freud was one of the greatest minds of his time, and today as well, I don't stick strickly to freud's ideas when interpreting dreams. I would have to say that in reality not freud nor Jung nor Campbell, nor Nietzsche are on my mind when I interpret. I simply look at the images and interpret. Of course some knowledge of the aforementioned people helps interpret, but the real helper in my translations is my self knowledge and ability to understand the functional and latent symbolism of seemingly incoherent, and seemingly random images.
I don't subscribe to any one person. I think to subscribe to any one or 2 people is to limit your ability to interpret. I like to keep an open mind when translating. I don't even apply a jung's symbolism, or a dream dictionary unless it is in line with what seems to be the dream's meaning.

Mask,

It seems like the infusion of life is making you a bit uncomfortable. This is a repeat of the whale dream. You seem to have a hold of what the dream could mean. Yes, the inexhaustible supply of life, maybe your new life options, seems to be filling you to the point that something is being replaced. This something could be a simpler way of life. Blood Plasma also contains defensive mechanism within it to fight diseases. Maybe this is the angst that you are feeling. Maybe you feel a little defenseless as your worlds parameters are still being shaped and transforming. And considering that the new blood has its own plasma, a part of you may be worrying over nothing, or over very little.

Take care.
Embrace life, and love.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Carlos,
While I respect your approach to dream interpretation, I have to disagree to it, partially.
When I look at a dream I am at least unconsciously aware of Jung, Freud, Adler, Nietzsche and all other philosophers who have provided insights to the dream. And although like you I use my 'intuitive' skills and life experiences to read dreams, I do not pretend to have had the formal training needed to understand dreams. I believe there must be a vast investigation and study of the dream, primarily Jungian but also others who have insights. I spent the years from 1992 to 2000 reading and studying like I have never done before. From The Portable Jung, to Theatres of the Soul, Psychology and Alchemy, Jung, Campbell, Johnson, Woodman, and on and on and on. Any information that provided insights to the psyche I engaged in. That set the stage for the intuitive aspects.

The past seven years I have been devoted to using that knowledge in interpreting dreams. There is no doubt in my mind that Jung got it right. You merely need to read through the 1700 dream posts and response to see why I believe as I do. But when I say Jung it encompasses all that he had read and studied {of course I am able to retain a micro fraction of what he possessed}. From the physical to the metaphysical, it all has a role to play when dealing with the psyche.

But I don't want to get into a debate on theories. The object is to provide the best interpretation possible so that the dreamer can recognize the possibilities within a dream that may lead to better insights within themselves. Just as parts of your interpretation provided an 'Ah! Ha! moment for mask, to provide further insights to her questions about the whale may lead to more such moments. Without Jung I don't believe there could be a thorough investigation because there has to be that 'inner' approach to the dream to open all doors. Her question about the positive aspects of the whale is an indication of something else, perhaps something deeper that will provide insights to her soul, and not just her ego.

I will end o this note. I believe it was Joseph Campbell who once said it is best to use Freud for the first half of life, and Jung the second half. I believe that holds true in many instances whether it be the dream or a psychological evaluation. A complete examination would require both, and all other available resources.

Don't let my comments frighten you away from giving your point of view. Your insights are invaluable, as all are. We welcome your participation, without any restraints as to how you approach a dream.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

mask,
For me, the first part of your first dreams points to an investigation of your unconscious self. I sense it points to something within you that may provide support while things outside you {your ego life} is sinking. I don't see a great panic, as the dream states, so it may be the beginning of this inner examination of yourself {which is common for someone your age, who is at the beginning of the mid-life thing}.

The left side, the right side. The right is the conscious life as Carlos stated. It is in this aspect of life that your ship is sinking. The left is the inner life, the opposite of the ego controlled life.
The problem is the whale. On the outside at least. The inner intuitive reaction is a positive note about the whale. Leaving the world of ego and entering the world of inner resources {creativity, spirituality}. This is a unique happening, mid-life, it happens only once in a life time. Realizations of the inner life for those who dare venture the hero path.

There is doubt, natural for this time of life. Changes are about, confusion and not knowing exactly where to turn. These are probably more unconscious aspects at play and not so much outer. You are at the beginning of this stage of life so the focus is still on that outer self. But there is hope within, while the ship may be sinking without.

Geography searchers is your geography, an analyzation of your own life. That search is positive and I sense you are prepared for what is to come {the dream points to that, the positive aspects you possess}. It is possible to live life with an ego but it is about time to look to those new resources, the few people who begin to appear as you grow older, and wiser.
This is my thoughts on the first dream.

The second dream you are again in the realm of the unconscious but just hanging and not fully participating {in the available resources}. You are approaching that stage of your mother, your own inner motherhood. There is a dolphin which is often symbolic of the true Self {spiritual, creative}. You are entering a different world, one of whales and dolphins, wisdom and expression {of your true Self}.
You are in transition.

Does this fit? At 34 you are still young for a mid-life breakup {that comes later in life for those who refuse the call}. I sense you are beyond your years and are ready for the next stage. And yes, the whale can lead the way. She represents the universal mind {perhaps the dolphin represents your own intuitive mind, connected to the universal}.

In your follow-up post you spoke of a poem. Do you often write poetry? This may signal a beginning of that recognition of those inner resources {poetry is part of the muse, inner resources}. When I first started to investigate my own inner resources I began writing poetry, but must admit it is not my great thing {dreams and creativity with web design are}. What it did do was to open up my senses to those inner resources. The poetry aspect fits with your whale and dolphin. At least in my thinking.

And you state this has been a learning period, then things get back to normal. Normal often means getting back into the social duty routine. But you have begun a learn about new aspects within yourself. This comes at mid-life when there are choices to be made {even if they are more about social duty choices}. Not because someone tells you but because they are natural. You are preparing yourself to live your dreams which indicates to me you are looking for your 'bliss' in life.

Your last dream. The patient is you and you are having a blood transfusion. Do you see a pattern here? There is an inexhaustible source of support when you begin to undertake that hero adventure {the bottle keeps being filled}. But it does make you restless {there is still those social obligations that must be transcended}. You are right, the restless patient is you, what you feel inside, being moved by so many thoughts and things. Inner resources that were not available previously?

Enough of my gibberish. Does this fit? I can deduce you are in some sort of transitional phase in your life. But where does it lead? Do you have ideas where you wish to go with the rest of your life? The best part still lies before you, if you decide to take the 'hero path' and seek out the inner resources of the whale and dolphin. Leaving the world of social duty for the inner world of spirit and creativity, that is what the hero/heroine path is about.

Gerard

Hi Carlos and Gerard,

thanks for the insights you are giving here. It's very interesting to read about different approaches to interpret the dreams!

First of all i'd like to say that i hope i'm not already in my mid-life.. But for me i interpret mid-life not as much as physical but more as mental and psychological.
As i've already written about 2 years ago all of a sudden things started to change. One time i tried to meditate. After this first meditation i fell asleep and had my first real clear dream. This dream felt very special.In this dream there were 3 times that my sight had gone and after some blinking my sight got back. At the end of the dream i found myself standing in front of a door. I think it had to do with changing my view on life...trying to see what was learned behavior and finding out what my real Self had to tell me...getting to know myself.
Before all this started i was a very rational person (still am), but with an ever going on question if this was really it (life in general). From out of nowhere i found myself writing poetry. I started to have lots and lots of clear dreams. But also with all of this a huge fear started growing. A fear for the unknown/unseen world. Despite this fear it also felt like i'd finally found the answer to the question "is this really it?".
I wrote poetry without having to think about the words and the rhyme, but it was mostly after having written a poem that i started to understand the words i had written...like my inside was giving me answers to subconscious questions.
Dream-interpetation became a real hobby. I started to search for as many dream-symbols and their meanings as i could, but also found out that one self is the only one who, at the end, can interpret/understand his own dream. On the other hand it sometimes is very difficult to interpret ones own dreams, because you are too close attached to them emotionally.
After a while that huge fear started to dissapear and with that the writing of poetry also dissapeared. So i think/know that to get that all back i have to confront that fear of the unknown.
That fear of the unknown...at that time the image i hung up unto that fear was that of a ghost...saying i got afraid of being able to see ghosts. But right now i think that the image of that ghost (the unknown) is only my own ghost...maybe even my own shadow...the one that i could be if have the guts to be that person. And that person then would the one who's living from the inside towards to outside and not vice versa. The proces to get that person then would be to study my behaviour...to study what are really my own thoughts and feelings, seperated from the thoughts and feelings which i've learned/attached to myself from the outer world (parents, school etc.).
I've come this far, but to really get this happening is the toughest thing to do. It's so hard to unattach myself from that learned behaviour...for example there are parents whom you like to be content about the things you do.
I think this is my kind of mid-life-crisis, which i rather would call 'growing into adultery'. It's about breaking down my wall...putting down my mask(s)...breaking through my barriers.
Right now, like i've already written, it feels like i'm standing in front of a huge treshhold...although it seems like this treshhold is getting less large, because i'm started to see what my possibilities are.
I've recently started a course in 'counseling and coaching'...psychiatry has always had my interest, but never knew why. Since i was a little kid it feels like i always was at two places in one time. I was taking part in things, but in the same time it was like i was flying in a helicopter above those things...always analysing the whole situation and every person part in it. I found out that this one of the reasons why i felt tired so often, but i also think that in there lies something which could be of great use in something like a job. Being able to be part of a proces, but also being able to get unattached from it and see it all as a whole.
It was since i started that counseling-course that these whale-dreams started. That jearning to know what goes on inside others people's heads...the psyche...never knowing where to get started...and also thinking i wouldn't be able to be a counselor of something like that.
I think the whale could be a symbol of this. The whale, for me as 'a one out of a million chance to see one'...Like it also feels like 'a one out of a million chance' to really grow to the one i really am (deep inside). So, looking at that first whale-dream in this way...to me the whale is a positive thing. Like i'm feeling (when i started the course) that there really is a possibility for me out there to live the life i'd like to live...to live out my dreams.

I would like to set something straight (or how you call it). The whale in the dream was at the right side of the ship (not at the left)...the left side of the ship was sinking. Maybe this shows that if i try to live miracles through my rational side the ship will sink. On the other hand: after having passed the whale suddenly a saving point (the pillars) appears. Or another option: the whale on the right side...something from inside appears at the rational side...maybe this points to the emotional side trying to get in touch with the rational side. The sinking of the ship at that point might mean that it may feel like everything inside is falling apart...like a transformation doesn't come on its own and silent...transformation is movement so it can feel like your whole world is tumbling upside-down. Without this transformation is not really possible.
Finding the pillars after the feeling of a sinking ship, while passing the whale, seems like finding stability.
I think (and i hope) that this dream is pointing out that i'm on the right way...that 'the one out of a million chance' is a real possibility.

Carlos, i like what you've written there about the bloodtransfusion-dream. It all makes a lot of sense...the ability of the blood-plasm could even be taken literally i think...or again: i hope it could...Hmm, lets just say: deep inside i know so...(overgrowing stuff)

Thanks again for both your opinions...they are very helpfull and i know i will read them several times again...You've made me wanting to learn more about dreams again...for some already it felt like i was going nowhere with dream-interpreting and i think your comments have changed that.
I hope one day i will have my own theory in interpreting dreams so that i can help others with theirs...hoping it could become a way in problem-solving...like in the counseling and coaching. Knowing this can only learned best by first helping yourself through all the different stages towards being a fully independant person (mostly in thinking; well, i think you know what i mean))...or the hero-type (or hero-way) as you call it.

Strangely enough i've been at this site plenty of times, but never before watched this dream-forum...glad i've found it now...

I think a few dreams from last night also try to explain the above dreams.

In one of them i'm in a large shop, where you can buy all kinds of things...from clothes to curtains, from food to furniture etc. I'm walking around in the shop and then see a man in front of a little room where you can try to see if the clothing fits. I see that this man is (i don't know how it's called in english) mentally handicapped.

I think this mentally handicapped man was the leading point in this dream. I think his dreams wants to point at my own mental health...People who are mentally handicapped are most of the time very sensible.
The symbol of 'a man' can point to my own rational side. Like my own reason doesn't feel so comfortable right now. (because of some incoming change?).
The man is trying on new clothes...in this i see a time of reasion (the rational) trying to fit in with the new/changing situation. 'Old clothes don't fit any longer'...changes have to be made.

In another dream i was in one of the bedrooms of my parents house. In here also are my mother and the mother of an old friend of mine. That mother of the old friend is telling that she's alone now and therefore no longer needs a bed for 2, but now is looking for a bed for 1. I see that my mother is pointing at my old brothers' bed. I answer that old friends' mother that she can take my old bed if she likes.
At that point i feel one of my teeth breaking. I'm shocked and say that it seems like every tooth in my mouth is falling apart. While saying this, in the dream i suddenly realise what the meaning of tooth in the dream means. In dutch 'tooth' is 'kies'...and in dutch 'kies' also can mean 'choice'...In the dream i thus concluded that the other dreams also had to do with choices...in the dream i smiled while i made this connection...

In real life i'm having troubles right now with my teeth...breaking. I already know that part of a reason for this is some kind of stress...biting my teeth together (mostly during sleep) that finally they break. I think this dream is kind of problem solving. I think (know) that i'm making life very hard for myself from time to time...but, like the dream is pointing out, this is not necessary, because there's always something like 'choice'...if it only wasn't that hard to make a choice. In my mind i make them, but i don't work them out in real life most of the time...i guess this is where my 'one out of a million' chance dies...First there's knowing, but without the doing you end up nowhere...Hmm, if everything would be that easy...i think i have to try and put on those clothes of the mentally dissabled and embrace life like they often do...

The mentally handicapped man may be an aspect of you that you feel has not fully developed in a way to benefit from the world around you as it is and is becoming.
I think you are having a great deal of internal conflict , especially self doubt about your new life.

The bedroom dream may have to do with the counseling that you are embarking upon. You will be involved in giving people advice on personal matters: take my bed; a bed is a very personal item. Advising this seems to cause you to break your teeth. It is again self doubt rearing its head.

Another possible meaning to the bedroom dream could be that you feel you have lost something. Maybe in accepting the idea that being alone, or not having a mate, is ok, a deeper part of you is trying to tell you this is somekind of loss of self.
I don't know if you are alone, or single or not, but if it doesn't fit don't worry about it.

Thanks for your reply Carlos!

I'd would rather say that i had an internal conflict and lots of self doubt, but that i'm on the way of solving this. Though doubt is still there.

I looked at the shop-dream a little deeper. The shop-name contains the word 'ma' or 'mum' in english in it. Symbolically i see mum as intuition/emotional side. So it looks like i'm walking around in my emotional side...this side/the shop has lots of things to offer...everything, so to speak.
The man in the dream might be the rational side/conscious?. The man is mentally handicapped...trying on new clothes/searching for new clothes. This looks like inside i'm trying to combine the rational with the emotional...trying to find a balance (to me it's obvious in real life right now that i'm trying to find some kind of balance...finding a feeling of peace/rest more and more often). I think that this man appeared as a mentally handicapped person, because it's a new kind of situation...

Maybe i should also put another dream here. It's one from about 2 weeks ago:
With a collegue of mine i'm taking care of an ill man...a father. I know that besides his being-ill, he has some bad things on his conscious...he felt like a criminal. Then his son comes to visit him. This son also feels like a criminal. In the dream i think: "This is not so weird...he is his fathers'son." Knowing that this son will do anything to help his father in every way.
Then our shift is over. The collegue and me are walking down a street. It's almost dark...besides us, there's no-one there. I'm feeling happy, not knowing why. Then i look at the bright sky and my feeling of happiness is having some kind of an outburst. Suddenly 'i get it'...like i'd seen the answer in the sky. I'm so happy that i embrace my collegue.
Then were back at the place were the ill father is. He is in a little room. My collegue is going to see how he's doing. At the same time i'm standing at a closed door a little from the room away. While standing there i suddenly know that the father is going to let 'all' explode and yes...while my collegue is in his room with him a huge explosion takes place. I'm hoping that my collegue is alright.
Then i open the door a little bit, knowing that because of the explosion ghosts will come out of there. It takes a little while, but then i see the first ghost come through the opening of the door. It's a little white cloud. More white clouds follow. I know that this is not all...that still a black cloud has to come to and that i've to wait for that one. The black cloud then also comes through the door.
After this i see that my collegue is oke. The father is coming out of the room after her...he's in a wheel chair because of the explosion. I can see the explosion has hurt him...his left leg is broken (from down the knee).
Then i'm going to do my part of the job...caretaking the ghosts of the father. In my left hand i have a little pot with grey cream...in my right hand one with white cream. The grey cream contains all the ghosts i just caught. I put the grey cream in the pot with white cream and mix it then very carefully. While mixing i hear voices coming out of the pot..voices of the ghosts...they sound like they like this treatment very much...like feeling relieved...

Maybe this dream is a start...maybe the father, handicapped after the explosion, is also the mentally handicapped man.
Sometimes a symbolic explosion is necessary. It can destroy, but also breaks things in tiny little peaces which can make it easier to sort things out...more detailed.

About the bed-dream i'm still thinking...found some other things which might be off help...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

well mask,

If you put things together males seem to be are sick or handicapped in those last 2 dreams. This is telling you that an aspect of you is having difficulty keeping up with the progress you are making. Why the male side?

I think that if you ignore this, you will have difficulty achieiving balance. Puttuing the creams in the pot seem to give some releif, and allows you to move on calmly with the vestigesof the past still within you. How are you achieving this? Is it what you must do? Or should you let the dead die?

Hi The mask

WEll to me the symbols tend to mean the following

WHALE : a real sense of calm
BOAT : a boat or ship can tend to show a sense of momentum and movement

So we see that the two symbols kind of work against each other as one symbolises movement and the other symbolises peace and quiet. Thats a good sign that the dream interpretation maybe on the right lines.

I see what you mean about learned behavior. If we follow some pattern of learned behavior then we have a sense of movement and momentum. Yet in a way if the whale submerges you then you immerse yourself in the deep subconscious. You give way to pure feelings.

I am sure that the poem is very important here. Its showing that the dream is about that mood perhap[s as you went to sleep. That the poem uses skill and rational thought yet poetry also involves pure emotions and the deep subconsious.

Parrt of you perhaps wants to continue with some form of structured thought. Yet in reality poetry at its best is not technique its pure energy. Perhaps part of you was trying to concentrate on the rational and not willing to give in to the intuitional feelings.

I often find it difficult to put dream interpretations into words. But I remember the film with Luke Skywalker in. He is learning how to use the light saber and at some point he just gives himself over to it. I think he fights blind and so he just uses pure energy and really just taps into something hidden.

Perhaps that has a meaning for you here. At some point you move forward with learned feelings and then eventually you stop learning by progression and feel the need to simply immerse yourself in pure energy and insight. Hopeyou follow me drift

I like you feel that the whale MUST be a good symbol.

DREAM DICTIONARY

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 north yorkshire

The whale is God or your source, that's why you were so glad to see it and then later found yourself underwater with your mother.

The drilling platform with the researchers is the system that brings souls from God's liquid dimension to the earth dimension.

You're being shown that your source Being is with you and as well as a system and other beings that will help you to survive on earth.

Being underwater with the whale and the dolphin is to say you are being very well cared for by spiritual beings and you will survive.

Then you're in bed and a blood transfusion keeps pumping blood in while you're moving around, and the blood becomes a clear liquid that never runs out. This is to tell you that the source Beings in the liquid dimension of God are constantly pumping spiritual nourishment into you so that you can exist and move around on the earth realm.

Many scriptures, including the Bible, explain how God creates the energy universe inside a liquid ocean and sends life into the energy universe. Here is a picture showing spirits coming out of sea creatures and interacting in the dry atmosphere. One spirit represents God and the other represents a soul that God helps grow in the dry dimensions. http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/matsya1.jpg

Here's the Bible verses explaining how God creates the dry universe inside the original liquid dimension God dwells with.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And “the earth was without form, and void;” and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And “the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters”. ........
.......1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 1:7 And God made the firmament, (the universe or sky with all its heavenly bodies) and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. http://ebible.org/bible/kjv/
So, as millions of others are told in roundabout ways, you are being told that a large friendly mother-like source being is in the liquid atmosphere of God watching you, and a system of beings is in place to help you exist on earth, and also liquid nourishment that will never run out is being continuously fed to you from the spiritual dimension of God while you move about in this earth realm.
In the next dream sequence there is a retarded man who doesn't know what to wear. This represents 'your own unknowing' about which path to take in life.

Then your in your mother's house and a woman is there who is trying to establish separation from her family. She needs someones personal space to do so and your mother points to someone else's space and not yours. But you tell the woman she can have your own personal space. Then your teeth break from stress.

This is all to tell you that although you don't know which path to take in life you must try to stay in touch with your source being, or the underwater mother-like whale, or the spiritual side you came from, (God).

If you choose to separate from her then you will experience great stresses such as the ones that make your teeth grind.

Gerard points out that God is female and that's basically who you're dealing with 'with the underwater beings and the liquid transfusion which never runs out.

Your original source is God in the liquid dimension and she is closely watching you and feeding you spiritual nourishment, as well as warning you not to separate from her 'or the stresses of life will get to be too much for you.

You're also shown that a friendly dolphin is with you in the water and this represents a smaller guide from the liquid dimensions will also assist you in life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/matsya1.jpg

http://ebible.org/bible/kjv/

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

The way I'm looking at your dream is: First you realized you were going to die and then the whale appeared. You naturally thought it was the whale that was making you sink but I think it appeared to let you know it is going to protect you, like the whale protected Jonah when he was cast into the deep. It swallowed him and spat him out onto dry land.

Just after seeing the whale a life saving platform and a way to survive appeared.

Later you were shown you were underwater with your source (your mother), and after that you were shown that blood-like water which never ran out was being administered to you constantly while you moved around in a dream state in bed. This was to tell you that the earth is a dream-like world where we come to learn lessons, and source beings from the liquid dimension are constantly looking after us while we are here.

http://www.howardism.org/thoughts/000253.html

http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/

I should add that Jonah's lesson was to not separate himself from God or he would suffer, and in your dream sequences you were shown that your source (symbolized by your mother and the whale under water) will always be there for you, and if you choose to live separated from your God source, (symbolized by choosing to give your personal space in your mother's house to a woman who wanted to take it to create a symbolic separation), then you would suffer also (as was symbolized by your teeth breaking from stress as soon as you made the choice to give yourself to separation from your source.

So your situation is similar to Jonah's situation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present