www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    People from my past...

Dream 7/18/07 – 2:40 am or so
    It was strange since it seemed as if things from the Past were somehow settled in my psyche…(or something)
    There were people I saw there that normally bring me poor dreams or make me queasy.

I dreamt of my old childhood friend (and friend no longer), Jeni and of being at her house again (but of course, never really her house at all). I remember walking through a very pink hallway – and of knowing I was descending to get to where Jeni was (in the downstairs living room). The descent was steep and the hallway and staircase narrow. There were strange, small landings as I remember stopping on one of them and looking around me and seeing a small mirrored door to my left which I knew to be a closet. It didn’t interest me as much as the extra tiny door that I had found right at eye level, again, at my left. It was about 4x4, pink, of course, but with a white gingerbread wood scroll around the entire parameter of it and a diamond door knob. I see it and think “I always wanted to open this as a kid” (this was right before the initial descent further to where Jeni was downstairs, I was standing literally at the foot of the stairs) I open it up and see an intricate and brilliant silver plate, that I took to be a fuse box –and thought “oh” and just closed it again.

I know I headed downstairs, but that part was removed and then there I was just talking to Jeni (Jeni was very abrasive and didn’t like me since I was from the ‘North’ and therefore a heathen and she was from the ‘South’ and was the epitome of all that was good and pure. She had a hard time understanding why people liked me when I came to visit her (I grew up in the south) and she was very mean and very rude to me and used my last visit to her to “get back at me” (as she said it) because of mean things my brother did to her when we were little (an example of this she said was when my younger brother locked her in a closet – of which I have no memory of even happening, but perhaps it did?)– this was about 10 years ago when I saw her last and have never seen nor heard from her since)I then dreamt of my ex, Tom, - I was carrying a plastic green table and 2 plastic green chairs. He saw me and ran over. Normally when I dream of Tom, these are power-fighting dreams. He offered me a ride to where I was going (my parents) I declined knowing the table would not fit in his blue car (that was an 80’s model in the dream) so he got out and took the table from me (always one to believe that I could not carry or do anything heavy since he viewed me as ‘weak’) and carried it with me back to my parent’s house where I was heading, which was a block over from where he saw me in the dream. Odd thing is, in the dream, I was carrying the table and one chair to my parents and somehow Tom only was carrying the chair. I’m not sure when that switch happened. I know I relinquished the table to him at some point, so why I ended up getting it back (or HOW) I haven’t a clue. We chatted for a bit at
    my parents gate and then we departed.

I then dreamt of my old best friend Jennifer who was so angry with me when we had last spoken – I was 23 at the time…And this time we were just socializing. Catching up, really. She seemed strong, a little harsh, but happy and somewhere in there we were cordial and civil, and really, almost, it seems – to have made peace with one another. I remember her in the dream as being harsh of face but surrounded by color. (I mean this in a vague sense purposefully since there were many and it seemed she was colorful and lively. – but not colorful and lively in the sense of vivaciousness, but rather, that she owned her power – I believe this fits better to her.)

And I dreamt lastly of Steve – who I just spoke with. Not sure of in what context (as I consider not having him in my life as of the current moment.) He was there in the beginning of the dream and again in the dream. Always with a black backdrop, and yet his colors were all black and white around him. Some smiles, no idea of the discussion, but there were a few words exchanged at both the beginning and the end. Not sure of as to what.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, New Yawk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Years and years ago

Re: People from my past...

Jackie,
    Sorry no one has 'taken' on your dream post. If it has not been done today I will take a look at it in the morning {Sunday}.
    Thanks,
    Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: People from my past...

Jackie,
    The beginning of the dream, being in Jeni's house {but of course, never really her house at all} is probably speaking to personal experiences that may have to do with the past {of being at her house again}. Her house is actually speaking to personal aspects that may describe your own house {psyche}.
    Descending where Jeni was, and perhaps where you are or where you are headed. Past experiences, those that are as yet thoroughly explored, something perhaps related to the past, something that has the power to control some aspect of your psyche {fuse box}. It may be something you are aware of but have not given any emotional response to, for one reason or another, so you continue to ignore it {and thought “oh” and just closed it again}.

The power over you. Perhaps the dream is addressing anger that you still possess from those past experiences. To be in Jeni's house, her getting back at you, and you wishing to get back at her, you and she would be in the same house, would you not? Is the anger the fuse box?

You describe your dreams with Tom as power-fighting dreams. This may be the masculine aspect, the controlling aspect that perhaps you are witnessing in the Jeni dream. The dream with Tom features your parents home {your past}. Tom would be metaphor for your masculine self, and perhaps some real experiences, or personal aspects, the two of you share{d}.

The dream with your old best friend Jennifer {who was angry}. Again I sense a reference to your own emotional state of mind. But this isn't the real you {being harsh of face but surrounded by color}. Or perhaps it is referring to emotions you wish not to possess {anger}. To own this power you have to overcome the negatives of the anger.

The dream with Steve. He is there in the beginning and in the end. Yet you are unsure {I consider not having him in my life as of the current moment} of this relationship. What does it suggest when the dream has Steve present in the beginning, and still there at the end? Is it the indecisiveness or is the dream suggesting deep down you want him there, in the end?

A lot of possibilities. Perhaps by reading what i see you will be able to put the pieces together. Remember, these dreams are about you. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we will will be able to better understand the possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present