Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
end of the road

hi,
i would be grateful for any thoughts on this dream,
it came as a suprize,as my dreams have been quite possitive recently,thought i was getting somewhere.

i am walking up a mountain path,
it starts to get narrower and narrower until i end up on my knees crawling ,
the path comes to a dead end,
i am aware of the tremendous drop below me,and the path itself is very unstable and unsafe,
i realize if i move, the path will collapse and fall away,i could not turn around ,as the path was only 6in wide,so i am stuck,and shaking.
i think to myself,i have two choices,
i can just jump off and die,
or stay where i am, and starve to death,
neither of which are attractive,
i then hear a voice,it tells me that there is a third option,
i can start again and walk a different path,
the only way i could do this was to find the courage to reach up and grab the ledge just above my precarious postion.

regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: end of the road

Hi Steve,

Positive...negative...a matter of perspective. I choose to view all dreams as positive, as they provide previously unknown (to conscious) information that are starting points for resolution.

The dream could be about what's essential to understanding a situation...background. Some notes follow:

i am walking up a mountain path,
it starts to get narrower and narrower [tapering to a point] until i end up on my knees crawling ,
the path comes to a dead end, [dedicate/consecrate]
i am aware of the tremendous drop [intense desire to push on] below me,and the path itself is very unstable and unsafe, [doubt, insecurity]
i realize if i move, the path will collapse and fall away,i could not turn around ,as the path was only 6in wide,so i am stuck,and shaking. [indecision]
i think to myself,i have two choices, [limiting vision]
i can just jump off and die, [reliance]
or stay where i am, and starve to death, [acumen]
neither of which are attractive,
i then hear a voice,it tells me that there is a third option, [recovery of fidelity]
i can start again and walk a different path, [affinity with reliance]
the only way i could do this was to find the courage to reach up and grab the ledge [reward] just above my precarious postion.

This brings to mind the accident in which you were injured. What through the course of your recovery kept you focused on recovering, rather than giving up in the face of a most difficult situation?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: end of the road

hi kathy,
thank you for your thoughts,
in answer to your question ,
what kept me going, and in actual fact was the drive behind my recovery was this,
initialy i was paralyzed from the waist down,
the doctors told me i may never walk again,
i was devistated,
i loved to fly fish,so i told my self if i could just stand up ,that would be enough,it took me months of hard work and hydrotherapy,but i did it,
and am now walking ok,

i am not sure that this has relevance to the dream though.
regards steve

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Re: end of the road

kathy,
i may have been a little hasty in saying that events around my accident may not have anything to do with the dream,
your question made me go over the events surrounding the actual event,
when i fell,i was paralized,i could not move,i was jammed in between some rocks,to add to it all,the tide was coming in,and it began to snow,
my back was broken,
my right leg was hanging off as it was badly fractured,
the thing is,in relation to your question,
i asked myself,what did i do when i was paralized lying at the bottom of the cliffs,
i tried to stay calm,a friend had gone for help,running across ploughed fields,in the snow,
finally a helicopter came,winched me up and flew me to hospital,(abridged version)
this event and the consequential injuries changed my life for ever,
i am stronger because of it, found a part of myself i never new existed,
perhaps it is this that has relevance again now somehow,
i have never repressed the memories of that day,so i feel the dream is not regurgitating a repression for my conscious consideration,
but there may be something about that day,
march 24 1985, that i need now,
work ongoing.
regards steve

Re: end of the road

Steve,
Yes, I believe you answered my question, and possibly the dream message. Apologies I was unclear. I was thinking not of repression, but the dream message more akin to parallel experience of tremendous challenges, obstacles, overcoming and finding within what you need to move forward. Perhaps Psyche recognizes similarities of experience, presenting this dream and past experience in a parallel context? If so, then it is finding that within you, equivalent to what Campbell calls the 'reason to live', that is relevant to your current situation.

"this event and the consequential injuries changed my life for ever,
i am stronger because of it, found a part of myself i never new existed"

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: end of the road

kathy,
your words are clear now,
you used ,accumen,reliance,this i now understand in relation to my waiting at the bottom of the cliff,
and especially,an affinity with that reliance,
i saw the helicopter turning up,as the voice with the third option,
many thanks for your wisdom
regards steve

stats from 7-14-10 to the present