www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    A dragonfly

I am hoping to find someone more knowledgeable about dreams than I.

Last night, I had a dream that I was talking outside with my husband and while talking about boring everyday stuff a dragonfly landed on my hand. In the dream, I study the dragonfly with an amount of awe that it just landed on my hand. The next morning, I step outside for just a moment and as soon as I walk out my door, a dragonfly lands on my hand!!

Help in figuring this one out?

Amie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 , Lone Rock Wisconsin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A dragonfly

The dragonfly dream may be suggesting to pay more close attenion to whats happening in your life right now, The awareness you developed in the dream and the energy of observing the dragonfly with awe, seems to be waking you upto the idea that there is so much beauty in our evryday world, and when penetrated in such a way the divine messaging within our natural world can be seen.

Not everything is as mundane and 'boring' as what it appears to be even the everyday stuff, when payiing close attention, a greter beauty unravels, within this beauty its almost this beauty is a vehicle itself to carry a more refined energy, sense of seeing things, its not laden with the boring or mundane, but its all a matter of adjusting ones inner perception of whats around us.

Your dream suggests that this was healing to you in some way and my guess is has left an impression on you, the waking reality of the dragon fly landing on your hand is no coincidence and seems to reflect this inate intelligence at play with in the beauty of the natural world.

Pay close attention to your waking and dreaming life and it may bring you many just rewards, smiles

Best to you Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Re: A dragonfly

Amie,
    To add to Kathy's insightful interpretation.
    Exactly what it means is hard to say. And it may take some time and thought to discover/understand its importance. But it could very well have importance to your life.
    One word comes to mind. That word is Synchronicity.

Let's look at the dream. On the 'outside' you are discussing 'everyday stuff', with your husband {I'll address that aspect later}. If wee look at the possibilities to the meaning of the dragonfly we have these offerings:

1. Creating an illusion or fantasizing
    2. Being deluded or deceived
    3. Being attuned to the elements and in harmony with creation

Having a dragonfly land on your hand may be speaking to an ability to recognize or perform a task {hand=ability}. There may be some aspects of your life that is an illusion, something that may be deceptive. Perhaps it has to with harmony in your life and you have yet to recognize or accept certain aspects that have been deceptive or illusionary.

As for your husband inclusion in the dream. His inclusion may be irrelevant. On the other hand he may be part of the process. That is something for you to determine.

What does it mean to have an actual dragonfly land on your hand, after having such a dream? If synchronicity is to be considered as truth {this is one of Jung's more controversial conclusions} then the whole event {dream and dragonfly} may be pointing to possible life changing events. And it may rely on your wanting to comply with the forces of nature {harmony with creation} that determines your future.

In the dream you are talking about boring, everyday stuff. Has there been something in your life that promises more than just boring, everyday stuff? Has there been possible opportunities, especially on the creative aspect that may have bearing in your life, and the subject of the dream? Instead of focusing on the outside perhaps you need to look to the inside for the answers {creativity, personal growth, spirituality}.
    It may have been a mere coincidence, the dream and the dragonfly. But as a Jungian I take such things more seriously, with a greater possibility of having some real meaning, and consequences.

Are you seeking something more in life than the mundane, everyday stuff? If not for the dragonfly actually landing on your hand then the dream would be reflecting 'normal' desires. But this event, I see it as something to give real attention to. It could very well be life transforming. One dragonfly in the hand, one life changing chance to be 'all you can be'. That is what nature wishes us all.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: A dragonfly

hi amie,
    my own personal take on this is based on similar synchronistic experiences,
    what i feel most humans are looking for is as joe campbell said,an experience of being alive,
    in touch with something greater than ourselves,
    the magic of existence is something that we all need to re-connect with ,
    i believe there is in a transpersonal/trancendent aspect to our psyche and through dreams especially this can become known to us,
    it is possible therefore that this dream and subsequent meaningful coincidence with the dragonfly, are to break you out of a particular mode of life or thought,the mundane,
    it is worth concidering,what if!

regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present