www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Scary, weird dream.

I went out on a date with a guy. I don't particulaly know him from real life, but I was meeting up with him in my dream.
    I came back home and went into my room and the guy I was with got on the computer.
    A little six year old girl came skipping into the room. (She was my sister in the dream but she is not in real life.) She then jumped on my bed and asked me where I had been.
    I said that I had just been out on a date, but she said, "No before then."
    And I said what do you mean. She said that I had been gone for years.
    She said that I had just dissapeared while walking down the hallway one day.
    I looked at her and said that I was going to ask my other sister,Alyssa, because she wasn't making any sense.
    So I opened my door and began walking down the hall. I stopped because I saw Alyssa sitting on the couch ad there was a goast behind her.
    I stood there and he turned around and gave me an evil smile.
    Then an invisible fource popped up in the middle of the hallway. I guess I could describe it as invisible jelly.
    When it appeared it made a swooshing type sound...

So I ran in the room and slammed the door. I grabbed my pajamas and went to go change. I said that I'm just going to go to bed. I feel weird.
    By that time I was very scared and panicy.
    So I went into the restroom and began to change.
    It felt like something was in there with me so I cracked the door open.
    So I began to take of my shirt and the little sister began to say "I can see you naked!" inn a playful sing-song type way.
    (The clothes that I was changing into were the excat ones that I was wearing when I woke up)
    After I changed the door flew open and smashed me against the wall where I hit my head.
    I couldn't move so I peaked my head around the corner and said, "Guys this isn't funny. I'm really scared."
    My date and the little girl both looked at me and said "doing what?"
    Then I saw an invisible something (like a gust of wind almost) come into the restroom and slammed the door.
    I couldn't see the face of it but I know that it was a guy.
    So I tried to get out and it grabbed me by the neck. I was dangling in the air and a fist (invisible) started punching me in the face.
    It started punching faster and faster to the point where I couldn't beath.
    That's when I started yelling at myself in my head to wake up. So I started pinched myself hard. I started telling myself that I thought I wasn't dreaming. Then I said that I had to be. And then I told myself again that I HAD to be so I pinched my side until I let out a scream.
    Then I woke up.
    Thanks.
    ~Lisa

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, US east coast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Scary, weird dream.

Lisa,

This dream may be of a repressed memory (computer, ghost) of an event that occurred when you were about six years old now coming to consciousness. If so, the event may be a source of change in your natural personality (just disappeared, gone for years). Perhaps an outward sign of this change (just go to bed, change, restroom/eliminate) is you now keep silent rather than talk, are withdrawn and hide your real thoughts and feelings by being uncommunicative for fear (invisible force) that this would happen again. The fear experienced as a child is unknowingly carried forward to current life affecting you even now. The event may have been violent, as displayed in the dream.

Your real sister Alyssa may have knowledge of the actual event, knowledge you have repressed and she may have forgot. Or perhaps you do recall (hit in the head over and over again) and look to Alyssa for confirmation and validation this actually occurred.

As always, dream interpretation may or may not be close. Please respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
    Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Scary, weird dream.

Kathy,

Thank you for responing.
    I am not sure if there was such an event when I was young but it very well could have happened, because I have many parts of my childhood that I blocked out a long time ago and now cannot remember.
    So that would make sense.

Thanks again,
    Lisa

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, US east coast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present