Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I found my husband (only he was a toddler) in a drawer in an old abandoned house.

I was in an old abandoned house with wooden floors. I was on the 3rd floor walking down a hall. I was searching the house for some reason with a group of people that either I do not know or cannot remember. The flooring abruptly ended, leaving a gap of about 5 or 6 feet in length to the last room. I made it across and a young man made it across at the same time. There was a huge dresser with big drawers in that room. I opened the bottom drawer and found a baby. It was a 3-year-old version of my husband. It was my husband as a toddler. I picked him up and started hugging and kissing him (the way you would a baby and not a husband). He smiled at me. I felt relieved and comforted to have found him. Then the boy who came across the gap with me got into a gunfight with some other boy that I didn't notice was there. I had to try to jump across with baby Nathan because we would have gotten shot otherwise. I didn't make it though. My elbows caught the edge of the floor, but I couldn't hold on any other way so I fell backward clutching baby Nathan to my chest. This is the point in the dream when I realized that I was wearing an old fashioned long faded blue dress. I hit the floor below. My mother was there at the bottom. She told me that the baby was okay. Then I died or at least I think I was going to die. I believe that I may have woken up right at that moment because my memory is fuzzy about this last point. I do know that I did not wake up afraid. I felt calm and at peace and even happy that I had a connection with my husband at such a young age even if it was through a dream. I am very confused about this dream and am not sure that dreams hold any meaning at all, but if so I would love to know what this dream means.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Illinois

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: I found my husband (only he was a toddler) in a drawer in an old abandoned house.

you are either sacrificing of yourself because you think your husband is too sensitive, vulnerable and delicate. You may feel this aspect in you or in him was neglected and are trying to protect this senstive area in your lives.

Maybe he was involved in some issues that you feel can come back to hurt him and have decided that you will sacrifice in order to save him.

This attitude, if it is correct, is something you may have inherited from your mom, or your intuitive sense developed it as a result of trying to be more like mom ot impress your mom (or a mother figure)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: I found my husband (only he was a toddler) in a drawer in an old abandoned house.

Thank you so much, Carlos. You really gave me a new perspective. I didn't know what to make of it myself, and I still don't know how I feel about everything. I'm not sure I believe that dreams have meaning at all, but it's something I would like to believe. You're reply certainly was intuitive. It is very possible about the self-sacrifice and also about inheriting that type of behavior from my mother. I wonder what your opinion is about dreams: Do you believe that it's your subconscious trying to reach you about something important or do you think dreams can also clue you in to something you're afraid of or maybe something that CAN happen in the future?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

well, dreams are in a coded language that is hardest for the dreamer to interpret in many cases, because we don't want to know an aspect of ourselves. Dreams are the road to the subconscious and very often are a venting system that blow of pressure, tension for some need we are trying to meet.

You may have projected this character on your husband out of a need you have, or you may have chosen him out ogf this need you have to show your mom that you too, or one should protect those they love to the very end; especially when they are in a vulnerable state.

The dream depicts you searching through an abandoned house. this house can represent old ideas you had left but are now resurfacing within you as you search in life for something: the search may be for a more meaningful life. But, in the past you have found this previous way to be very unsteady, unstable, it has no substance and is unpredictable: their is no floor.
A dresser is a place to keep clothing. Clothing are those things we layer on ourselves in order to appear presntable to the outside world.

In this dresser you find something. Is it your animus?
If you look at the males in your dream, for the most part thay are not very helpful. The only one you show effection for is the baby: innocence? other males are just along for the ride, or violent.
How do you see males, especially your husband?

I also see a bit of a conflict with the past vs. now. The house is old. Your clothing is old fashioned and faded. Is there a conflict?
In addition, do you think you may have low self esteem? I only ask this because you are wearing old fashioned faded clothing. Do you view yourself as behind the times or something like that? Not with it? This may be why you are clutching a child rather than a full grown husband.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Once again, that was very insightful. I have always been fascinated by this kind of thing. You were very right on again. I guess it's time for me to go buy a book about dreams. Thanks for your reply.

Valerie,
If you do buy a dream book 'The Secret Life of Dreams' is just what you need. A superb book by all measures, the best I've found. It pretty much conforms with the methods used at the Dream Forum.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present