Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
peak experience

hi ,
i wanted to mention this dream as a follow on from my, end of the road post,as i feel they are connected,
with a more positive outcome,

the dream.
i am driving through a harsh desert like landscape,
in a yellow humvee,
i drive into a tunnel/cave into a mountain,
the tunnel starts to get narrower and narrower culminating in polygonal shaped blocks,a dead end,

to my left is an opening,i drive in that direction and out into the open,
i am now on top of the mountain,this is as far as i can go in the vehicle,
the last few feet i have to walk myself,
standing on the top,i think to myself that this is only halfway,i have to get back yet,
i also realized that there was nothing here,
no treasure,no grail,
the journey was the treasure,the grail,
just getting here,that would be the story to tell.

joseph campbell strikes again!

regards cavebear aka steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: peak experience

Hi Steve felt impelled to comment on your dream, the last two lines catching my eye -

the journey was the treasure,the grail,
just getting here,that would be the story to tell.

I may be playing davils advocate a little (or not) I was just wandering if this was part of the realization you had in your dream, and if so was the outcome a positive heart felt realization??

I just say this this because (and I may be totally off key) I get the sense this experience, realisation is of a more mental nature, devoid of feeling 'desert'
But a mental achievment, the grail isnt here nothing is here, the journey may lead you to the grail as all journeys in life are journeys in discovering ones heart, the grail is where the heart lies, within.

Moving to the left indicates intellectulising. Whatever this experience of driving into the tunnel represents to you, possibly limiting, narrow, beliefs all of which are blocks within, encountering these do give cause for you to shoot for an intellectual escape/understanding 'to the left'. Your dream suggests that what ever these blocks are within self or limiting beliefs, you choose to move out of your feeling self into a more mental space possibly through some fear, and it is this realisation that the grail is not here when you reach your destination, which leads to a way of thinking that is more based in the heros energy which though is an iniating drive in all those that want to discover something deeper within like an attraction to some life principal that is more encompassing and embracing than the heros energy - the grail, the hero leads us to our hearts, to our inner spiritual well.

The heros archtype is about, accomplishmenmt achievment, having the admiration of others these are all hero based thoughtpatterns and behaviour forms, our personal growth though is to take us beyond the energy of the hero into our heart centres where by we activly serve, giving without judgement and love unconditionally, we become a vessel for the divine to flow through us and we transcend our three dimensional perspectives of life this is finding the grail, and our dreams will activly create symbolism that will express this space it seems that you are actively searching for this space, im just wandering if throug an intellectulisation you reached the conclusion that the journey is the grail, while it is very precious the learning within the journey serves us to help others on their path but the true grail is having found ones heart space.

The humvee is a miltary vehicle and it may be a comment on the type of vehicle you drive alebeit in an mental/emotional manner defensive and armoured as humvees are unless this differs, yellow suggests that this pattern may exist at the solar plexus level of your energy, possibly due to some unresolved fear which again is highlighted by the narrowing of the tunnel, encountering this as mentioned seems to result in an itellectulisation process/understanding missing the oppurtunity to work with the limitations.

If this has any bearing great If not reject all I just had an impulse not to pass on making a comment on what i 'see' in your dream and the energy of this space.

Best wishs marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Re: Re: peak experience

hi marce,
i couldn't possibly reject anything you have said,
as it all has merit ,
it was interesting that you mentioned the solar plexus area,the heart chakra,
i have to admit i am not really into chakras,but i was told by a healer a while back ,i had a blockage in this area,
i did not ask for a healing,
she just confronted me and explained that i was drawing healing energy from her as i walked past,
she did her stuff,
i didn't sleep for a week,she certainly did something to me,
but i must stress i am still very sceptical ,
wether this has any bearing on the area you mention i do not know,

i have no affinity with a humvee ,other than i see them as a vehicle that can cope with rough terrain,
it is not a vehicle we see in the uk .

my dreams of late have all pointed to a path,a road a tunnel etc,that comes to an end, a cul-de-sac,
i have noticed that the last couple of dreams contain a way out of this dead end,as my feelings in the dream,have been ones of ,being on the horns of a dilemma.
it has always been something i didn't expect,
something i didn't realize was there,
perhaps this is an unconscious intuition of something not yet brought into play,
three dream themes that cover the above,
abridged ,
i find a tree that is dead in the desert after a long quest,
i fall to the ground and weep,all this journey for nothing,suddenly the tree bursts in bloom and fruits drop to the floor all around me,i am elated.
my end of the road dream post,
and now this one,
all speak of the same negativity followed by great possitivity,
in the hero journey motifs there is one section that seems to reflect this ,
the crisis at the nadir,
it is only at the darkest moment that the light is going to come,
i would hazzard a guess and say that this is where i may be,

thank you for your thoughts,
regards cavebear.(steve)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Steve thanks for your reply, yes this point as you highlight, the darkest hour, awaiting the light, the dream seems to indicate where you are and how you got here, Most journeys in life start with a deviation away from our true selves, away from our innocence until we end up in a situation where the only way to go is back, unpicking the path on which we have travelled, to the outer reaches of our self, back home, back to our hearts, our oneness.

Your realiztion of this being only halfway and you now have to return seems to imply this, healing takes place when we undo the learned forms of behaviour, the ways we cope, the emotional patterns and tendencies we aquired along the way, in psycological terms this could be defined as conditioning, but our purity and innocence the shining light that we are allways has remained at our centres, this is the grail in which we seek, certain challenges along the way in our lifes journey will lead us to this point, where we must look within to find our peace as it does not exist out there.

To do so we must unravel the journey we have been on thus far, and become conscious of it, ask how did we get to this point, at which stage did i separate out from my true self? it often happens very young in life which then leads on to other events that express this in a symbolic way of what is happening in our 'within' if we are unable to hear the messages then we may face more physical challenges that will wake us up to our within, From what I gather you endured an accident that was quite life changing for you and one from which youve grown tremendously.

When I read your dream I did not see that it related to any particular life incident, but more so as a route your psyche chose as a result of encountering some limitation or blockage in self what these may be your dream does not seem to be specific on, at least to an observer, though your dream does suggest how your encounterence of these led you to the space you now find yourself. Has there been anything of late that has challenged you in a specific way, paricularley around the time of your last post, climbing the mountain, which may of triggered old responses/patterns in behaviour?

Having to return on this same journey hints that you will have to come back through this way at some point and once again to heal one will have to move through these blockages and encounter this narrowing of the tunnel, You will have to go back through this opening you came through in self, and back through the terrain you travelled thus far, going back over it all, looking at how you got here how all the events have shaped who you are and where still there are limiting beliefs and emotional blockages that have solidified in self 'polygonal blocks'.

As much as it is an ending it is a beginning to and this may be the light you refer to in your waiting, the grail.

Again im just throwing some ideas out there that you may find relevance or not, good luck to you marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

marce,
many thanks again for your insight,
my problem i think is simple,
after all the in-seeing,and incredible revelations shown ,i still have moments when doubt rears its ugly head,it is this that needs to be looked at,
what pattern of my reasoning,experience, brings this state into play,
these past three dreams as i stated have all contained that moment of ,grave doubt about the journey, only to find that it is not so bad after all,
in fact it has turned out to be incredible,
perhaps i lack that patience and discipline that gerard has mentioned on a few occasions,
it may be that , being stuck ,is where i am,
have been for a while,
the unconscious knows something ,and is compensating this negative attitude that comes into play,
my rucksack is packed ,iv'e got my boots on,
ready to go.
regards steve.

i was thinking about the humvee too.
I actually was wondering if the hum-v had some meaning because it has the sound that is similar to OM.
OM is the sound of the universe. It is perfect and is supposed to put you in tune with the universe and help you to think and sympathize in a universal way. It is in every breath we take.

V could be a few things: V could stand for the feminine, and it is also shaped like a grail, which in dreams can also stand for the feminine.

The hum-v could be your minds way of telling you that in order to find the holy grail, the treasure, you must come in tune with a universal way of thinking: maybe especially with respect to the feminine.
And this holy grail, is all around you and helping you try to achieve your goal, but you carry it outside of you, rather than within. For this reason you cannot take it with you to the mountain top.

Or maybe you do have a universal view of the feminine, but are lacking a universal view of the masculine. The marriage of the masculine to the feminine would eliminate the V at the end of AUM and create the somg of the universe would result.

THe yellow color could be significant as well, but the meanings are varied and I think you would have to pin that down.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

hi carlos,
yes i too looked at the om aspect,
the zoom of life,
a humming vee,a humming feminine,the source,the grail,
great stuff,
this is something i am familiar with,and am still considring the dream from this angle,it does have a bit of sense about it,
i still havn't had the ah ha moment,but it will come,
thanks for your wisdom,
regards cavebear steve.

cavebear,
A few thoughts on your dream:

Devoid of mental patterns…ego lacking trust in Jung’s posit of individuation as the inherent process of organic growth of the individual psyche as completeness…as death and rebirth follow…attention and management by responsibility…a delicate or subtle difference to be realized by taking this from ego to an inner higher authority…seeking this leading to knowledge possibility of fulfillment by breaking up and scattering, a dispersion, of ego’s attitude this is useless or profitless activity…tangency [having contact at a single point or along a line without crossing; meeting a curve or surface at a point and having at that point the same direction as the curve or surface] of ego with inner Self…self assurance and self possession. Inner Self loudly calls to ego, strongly asserts truth of this established and informal right, and complete accordance from Ego is necessary. From each ending comes a beginning.

Standard disclaimer applies.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

steve,

you may also want to consider, mmmmmm "V". MMMMM being something tasty.

V being the feminine, or victory - which you kind of felt after the dream.

Kathy,

with that last post, you made me feel like the caveman in the Geico commercial. LOL

"what?"

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

kathy, many thanks,
your thoughts are, as always, deep and powerful,
i liked what carlos said ,in that your words made him feel like the cave man,nice simile,
i would choose the metaphor,and state,that i AM, the cave man,(spiritually speaking)
your ref to the individuation process,and the cave man of carlos,led to the word evolution,this is staring to come together,
nobody is as blind as he who will not see!.
regards steve

I prefer the term cave dweller or cave peoples. Just kidding btw I think cave men a bit closer to simplicity and nature…the spiritual aspect.
Sometimes I’m mid conversation in my head before I begin communicating. Introversion…go figure. Suppose that’s somewhere on the Self work laundry list…

I viewed this dream as descriptive of the inner/personal and outer/collective pilgrimage (humvee) through the Wasteland (desert) where past mental patterns of negativity (wall of polygonal shapes) experienced as criticism (yellow) blocked enlightenment (from dark to daylight on the mountain top). Realization (left) genesis in new thought lacking the old pattern is at hand. Campbell’s work could symbolize your inner higher authority. The desert and mountain top as two worlds…unawareness and awareness.

The overall theme being Protest…
Pro-test: pro - before / test – determine the presence or properties of
Protest: strong expression of disagreement and disapproval
Protest: affirm or avow formally

Below are notes/definitions of individual dream symbols and Steve’s thoughts on the dream. I looked at the overall dream for theme then individual symbols. Continuity of dream work on the Forum, the dreamers deep involvement in examining their own dreams, and having a dreamers personal thoughts is invaluable for dream interpretation here.

Harsh desert: void/innocent naiveté – naturalness, openness, plain, simplicity; unmistakably lacking patterns; wasteland

Yellow: criticism - disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings; a serious examination and judgment of something

Humvee (Jeep): diligence - persevering determination to perform a task; earnest application to some specific object or pursuit, which more or less directly has a strong hold on one's interests or feelings

Tunnel/cave: Growth - a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important; the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level

Narrowing of the tunnel: daring - the trait of being willing to undertake things that involve risk or danger; Boldness; fearlessness; adventurousness

Polygonal shapes: repose – build upon; put trust in something; be inherent or innate in (in cave); a disposition free from stress or emotion; the absence of mental stress or anxiety; freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); lie when dead

Opening to the left: apply thoroughness - conscientiousness in performing all aspects of a task; completeness

Drive in that direction: genesis – process or mode of birth or origin; formation; five books (change)

Out in the open: display – make clear and visible

On top of the mountain: natural affinity – with adaptation compatibility with genesis; from dark to light

As far as he can go: appeal - cite as an authority; resort to; take a court case to a higher court for review; To apply for the removal of a cause from an inferior to a superior judge or court for the purpose of reexamination of for decision; evoke or call forth; summon, call, name

Walk remaining by self: refinement - a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude; delicate difference

Last few feet: enlightenment - make free from confusion or ambiguity; To make clear to the intellect or conscience; to shed the light of truth and knowledge upon; to furnish with increase of knowledge

only half way: care – intellect becomes painful from overburdened thought; attention and management implying responsibility for safety

get back: ambition – strong drive for success

realizing nothing there: hopeful - intend with some possibility of fulfillment; someone (or something) on which expectations are centered; expect with desire

no treasure, no grail: prodigal – excessive expenditure; useless or profitless activity; breaking up and scattering by dispersion; unrestrained by convention or morality

journey is the grail: tangency - having contact at a single point or along a line without crossing; meeting a curve or surface at a point and having at that point the same direction as the curve or surface

just getting here: coolness under pressure-achievement/coolness - calm and unruffled; self-assurance; self possession

story to tell: exaction - assert or affirm strongly; state to be true or existing particular and complete accordance; an established or recognized or informal right; a loud call

elevation emerges in your Psyche

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

kathy ,
i appreciate the effort you have put in,on my behalf,
reading your words reminded me of a book i read,
D.E.Hardings,On having no head,
this quote from it seems to register with me and may also be of use to others especially those of our age group,

The barrier.
no matter how revolutionary the discoveries made on the journey,or how valuable for living they are beginning to prove,in the end they leave the wayfarer profoundly unsatisfied,there remains an ache,an undefined longing,
inspite of all this genuine spiritual progress,an all important region remains untravelled,or at least insuffiently explored,
it is the dark and dangerous country inhabited by monsters and it cannot be bypassed,
it is the area of the will,
beyond and beneath the luminous goings on the unregenerate ego is still at work,
so we come to a stage in the journey of our way,
that looks more like a dead end or an impassable obstruction , what it is in fact,is the really testing stage of the journey,painful but obligatory.

he goes on to state that this is usually when one loses heart/faith,as you remarked with ref to the individuation process,
and rushes back into some sort of mothers embrace,usually a religion,or society where the boundries and rules are clearly marked,
i can say with all honesty,not for me thank you very much,

i read DE Hardings book many years ago,
it didn't make much sense then,but does now,
when the student is ready ,the master appears.
regards steve

The dream is a common theme from the guardian. He/she's saying that earth is an inhospitable place and you are brought here and into your body by a very safe vehicle, which represents the guardian and the spiritual system that carries you. The dead end with the cubes at the top of the mountain represents the mind and this mundane earth world where souls are compartmentalized while they learn their hard lessons.

At the top you leave the safety of the vehicle and walk by yourself and you realize it's the journey that matters not the goal. This is to tell you that there is nothing significant that the soul can gain in the earth world, besides the experience of being here and walking the walk. Jesus said 'do things that will ensure richness in the next life and not in this world where things are corrupted. So it's like you're being told the same thing, that earth life is not the goal it is just a part of the journey, an important lesson for the soul.

Countless people are given dreams where they are with a trusted friend who cares for them, but then they have to go alone into an inhospitable place, often to contend with a hostile force or entity to face life's troubles by themselves.

This is the purpose of earth life I believe; to learn to do things by ourselves in an illusion of separateness from God or the higher powers. It's the way souls are educated I believe.

So I think basically it is a message from your guardian to tell you that you have been brought to the earth and into your body by a safe system that is fully protected, but you are expected to do things for yourself while you're here. And it's not the things you obtain whilst here that matter in the end 'it's simply the experience of being here on your own and struggling against the odds that is the valuable thing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

hi doug ,
thank you for your thoughts,
in the hero journey motif,there comes a time when,all the powers that accompany the said hero,stand back,
as the final deed must be done by the hero him/her self,
one of the grail story versions also reflects this dream,
the second time in the grail castle parsifal still wore his armour(the hummer)he had to shed this before he could return with the grail and heal arthur,
this version is from the movie EXCALIBUR,

the same theme runs in my dream as you yourself have noticed,and mentioned,albeit in different words,

i am familiar with the grail stories from history and also the few modern versions in movies,
excalibur,the fisherking,to name but two,
this has broadened the dream props dept for my unconscious to draw from.
great stuff,
many thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

i have just followed up some galahad and grail links,
from another movie,the monty python version of the story,galahads favourite colour was ,yep you guest it ,yellow,(the hummer)
i think i am on to something here!

cavebear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-uk

stats from 7-14-10 to the present