www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Uh oh...

I dreamt that there was the body of a girl I thought I killed in my locker. I opened the locker, and she was behind some things, still alive but seemed like she was dying. There was an odor from her, coming from the locker. Other people were around me, and I didn't want them to know that I had accidently killed this girl, and I was surprised to find her alive and in my locker, so I acted shocked and unknowing when I found her.

What surprised me most about this dream is how I felt when I woke up. I was not fully awake, and was just coming into consciousness. I thought that I had actually killed someone and had repressed it so much that it was coming back to haunt me in my dream. It took a bit for the truth to sink in.

Obviously, this is a dream about an aspect of myself that I thought I killed, but am not sure how to read this...with a positive/negative spin?

Thank you for any insight..

Maureen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Uh oh...

actually, as you stated in the dream, its an aspect of you that you thought you killed but it is still alive.

YOu hide it from people and make believe its not there. But its effects emanate a foul essence. You may feel that some people don't like you, or if they knew you, they would not like you.

What things were in front of her? What was in the locker? Where was it? in a gym? a school? A spa?
    Who was the girl? did you know her or why you killed her? Did she seem like a victim to you? or someone who should be killed?

I don't think you would hide her if she were something that was bad. You may have through an accident have hurt something in you, or someone, and still have regrets about it that are haunting you, breaking against your self esteem, alienating you from your environment.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

*I don't think you would hide her if she were something that was bad. You may have through an accident have hurt something in you, or someone, and still have regrets about it that are haunting you, breaking against your self esteem, alienating you from your environment*

Killing the girl was an accident. I did not tell anyone, and felt shame for that. It was something I thought I could shove under the rug, so to speak. Shame was certainly a big feeling now that I look back on the dream.
    She was behind some cloths, or clothing, nothing else. The locker was in a nondescript place, only had the feeling of being looked on by others.

This definatly could be a dream reflecting my self esteem, and that fact that the evening before I should have told my sweetheart "no" but said yes instead, against my misgivings. I felt it, and knew it, and wanted to say it...but didn't.

Perhaps this is a dream about me coming clean with him. ?

Thank you, Carlos!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

so, the dead girl could be guilt about thinking of an ...?

or it could be the girl you used to be, that has been cajoled into things she would rather not do?
    as i mention before, today, clothes are what you show the world outside. they are helping to hide this, even in your loocker. the locker , of course, is the place in you that is keeping the shame that is breaking against your sself esteem.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi,I just wanted to share that this feeling of having killed the girl by accident was the same feeling I had in my dream"the murdered man" from May 2007,it is posted here in the forum.I also think it is an aspect of you which you are neglecting and maybe should talk to in active imagination.
    Personally,when I started to work with the murdered man(it was a recurrent dream over many years)not long ago,a lot of changes in my relationship with my partner started which were quite painful in the beginning but made me gain alot of awareness on my habitual patterns and how I had negated my masculine energy.I feel much wholer now,in spite of not having"solved" everything but there is a certain confidence and freedom that before wqas never there.My inner man supports me somewhat now,even if there are still dreams and daily life reactions of old patterns and fears coming up but something has relaxed deeply from within.I mean this girl could be very important as an inner figure.I am not an expert in dream interpretation,just wanted to share that with you.All the best Margit

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46,spain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

She's wasn't dead obviously. She was almost dead because of being locked in a bad smelling place.

This is basically saying that you are not keeping yourself clean. Either you are not showering when you ought to or you are wearing clothes that have been worn many times without being washed and so they smell slightly.

The dream is from your guardian and that's the person who held you in the state of dread as you awakened. Guardians use extreme language to get their point across sometimes. Basically she/he is telling you that your personal space which is in everyones view is smelly and unhealthy. This would most likely relate to your washing or dressing habits. I doubt it had anything to do with your sexual activities.

My 2 cents

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

It could also apply to your house or gardens. Maybe they are in need of a cleanup.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Margit, thank you for your reply!

I will ponder on the thoughts you offered.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present