Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old pals

Last night I had a dream where I went back in time and saw all the kids I used to hang around with when I was younger. One in particular Phil had the same way of walking and talking...he was tall and thin and I had a crush on him...in the dream he was standing by the house he used to live in and when I said hello to him, he just smiled but said nothing? I started walking back to my parents house..get in the door and there is Phil again sitting in the livingroom. There was a knock on the door and I told my parents I would answer it...when I went to the door, no one was there so I went in the livingroom and Phil had vanished...what could all this mishmosh mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: old pals

Well many dreams do have a point. They speak a language of their own that is very visual. the dream is in the past and therefore is about maybe how you see the past. Its also about how that past in now disapearing. You keep things aligve as they were but in fact phil has vanished and so have all those friends that you used to have. They may still be there but times have moved on

I am not sure what it means. Perhaps it was triggered by a thought iof how things used to be. Or perhaps by some childlike crush that is affecting you now. Only you can spot what the dream was triggered by

-----------------------------
The father of modern dream interpretation is not Freud or Jung but rather Jon Winson. But he never made a single dream interpretation. Instead he conducted research into the mind and established that certain brainwaves (theta waves) only appear during the night time. During the day we store up all new experiences and feelings in short term memory. Then at night we start to work through what happened the previous day and we integrate these into long term memory blocks. Then finally we clear short term memory blocks ready to start the process again the next day. Its likely that any dreams we have are linked to these brain functions. The weird images and feelings once deciphered capture our own feelings and new insights into the world around us. So the dreams then will often link to specific events from the day before and to new ways in which our world has been reshaped. It may simply link to our paranoias and fantasies. If we are focused on something about to happen in the near future then the dreams may link to that. Each dream captures one specific feeling or thought process.

http://unclesirbobby.110mb.com/dreamessay.php

-------------
http://scarboroughphotos.110mb.com/surfers/surfcity.php

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 north yorkshire

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Connie,
Perhaps the dream describes a need to rediscover, redevelop and properly utilize an inner self aspect/trait as a resource necessary for expressing objection or disapproval in a healthy non confrontational manner to communicate your thoughts so others will listen to you, and understand your position without immediately rejecting your thoughts as a defensive move thus driving others and/or you apart. In past you utilized this trait yet along the way some event or series of events occurred where you developed another less or non effective manner. Phil could symbolize: objection and disapproval and/or a desire to fight back; a desire for protection and supervision; and hidden wisdom. A psychological readiness to respond indicated as necessary. Corresponding to or modeling of Phil’s waking life character trait, that of rational thought before emotion, wisdom and keeping the end in view, would be productive or useful in your interactions with others leading to receptivity and responsiveness in others and prevent loss or injury to all involved.

On the surface, the ego aspect, the tone of the dream can appear to symbolize an attitude of being carefree without troubles, not allowing anything to bother you, steadiness of mind and emotion. That makes sense. On a deeper level of inner self there may be conflict which surfaces in yet unconscious actions. The dream describes a hopeful attitude, in developing this steadiness trait internally, an inner state, not just external projection of this trait. We can utilize repression to temporarily bring about external change but that rarely lasts so is not real change. Old patterns repeat because the source within the unconscious still resides in the unconscious, was not brought to full consciousness, so was not resolved. This is why involvement in Self work is necessary to effect deep and permanent change. Genuine change and healing occur in stages…Psyche presents unconscious content through dreams preparing and guiding ego through progressive levels of understanding, realization and finally liberation. This ability, of acquiring deep knowledge and desire for Self work is already within you. Dedication to your Self, to becoming your true Self, leads to seeking out and acquiring knowledge of psychology and learning to apply it. It is making your genuine Self of your Self rather than the pseudo Self society would have you be.

Buddhist saying:
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation.

Look forward to your thoughts on your dream and interpretation.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Bobby and Kathy for your interpretations. I do believe I have to work on certain aspects of my life. I am not a very self-assured kind of person..always asking myself is this right..or no..it's wrong. Should I take a try at something or...oh no I won't be able to do that. Phil lived down the block from me. He came from a family of four boys and I had a crush on him..in fact everytime I saw him coming down the street from my kitchen window, I would run outside and say hello to him. After the years followed after high school, his family moved away to Georgia and I never got to see him again. I had heard from a neighbor that Phil had gotten in a very bad car wreck and went through the windshield. He was lucky he lived but that had to fix over his face with plastic surgery. I was so very sad to hear that. The other day I was thinking about him and maybe that is why I had this dream.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

connie,

you seem to feel overlokked in the dream and like you have missed your shot at Phil or FILL, as in fulfilment. Your mind may have used Phil because he has a double purpose. He is a person you had a crush on in your youth, and if what I said is the case, his name is perfect for telling you you may not feel fulfilled (or filled) in some aspect of your life.
The reason for this seems to be that you were worried about nothing, which is what was at the door.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Thanks for your interpretation Carlos. I don't really know but maybe you are right at one thing..I lost my chance with Phil. I was really a shy type when I was younger and went to Catholic School from 1st to 8th grade. Hope he is doing well..that's all I can say.

It's a dream from your spiritual guardian telling you that he is an old friend like phil and he is in the middle of your life right now and is knocking at the door trying to get your attention.

It's a way of saying he likes you and wants to have a relationship with you.

You knew him before you entered earth life and that's why you were taken back to the old days to see all your old friends. The trip was to symbolize that your guardian is from the place you originated from and wants to be a part of your life.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

When Phil was in the living room and you heard a knock at the door but there was no one there, and then you found Phil had vanished as well; that was to tell you that your guardian is someone very close to you and he wants to get your attention, but he is someone you cannot see. He's right there with you but you cannot see him. He's a spiritual being of course.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Yes I am sure that the dream was about when you thought about him. Dreams usually link to the here and now. They have a trigger. If you actually thought about him then in some way the dream should relate to those recnt thoughts.

DREAM DICTIONARY

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 north yorkshire

Connie,
Thank you for responding and providing both thoughts and personal information. Carlos' insight on fulfillment/lacking fulfillment as a pun on Phil in this dream is great! Also interesting Phil is one of four brothers. Four can represent whole or complete. Perhaps a take on one aspect of the whole.

We all have issues to work on, me...more than a few ...but glad for the venture.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you Doug for your interpretation and for the beautiful religious pictures you sent me. Your message and Bob's, Kathy's and Carlos all represent a little part of me left unattended to I guess. Thanks again!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present