Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
chinese family and sloppy terrain

In this dream I am in the US... People move by car, but I am walking. The terrain is so sloppy, with ups and downs, and I have to go behind that street and then behind that building to get somewhere. I enter a building's yard and I see a chinese family sitting on the grass and eating plain, raw, unboiled rice! They look at me with surprise, but I keep walking. A member of that family was joining them with a cooked chicken.
I leave that yard and see a rope hanging where I was supposed to climb to in order to get to a higher place. I start climbing.

This much I could remember from the dream. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: chinese family and sloppy terrain

You're just strolling along with life's ups and downs while others are driving their cars. Then you're shown a poor family and how one person can make all the difference. Then you begin to climb upwards.

My guess is it's a message for you to unleash the goddess in you and reach for the stars so that you will be able to help others whom you love.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

I think it may mean that you are awakening to a new way of being. Your are aware of aspects of you that previously you were not aware of. You are making strides forward toward a healthier way of thinking and dealing with life's ups and downs.

you are losing fear of bringing well developed ideas into your life and taming the emotional aspect of your life. You are learning from that success.

I also think, based on your last dream, that there may be a message about motherhood there too, as you have thought over the idea and are bringing the developed notion of motherhood to new levels in your life. At 29, a woman's hormones being to push her toward wanting to have a child, especially if she doesn't have one.

YOu may feel that you are achieving this awakening to a new way of being in unconventional ways, but you are nevertheless moving onward with this new way of being.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Doug, Carlos,

Just wanted to share this with you. My first thought about this dream was my husband-to-be family: I see them as similar and tied with each-other (Chinese family) and as sharing some kind of food (attitudes and culture) that to me was uneatable (I feel difficulty in adapting to that culture). As you both elaborate, the ups and downs could very well be the ups and downs of my life and walking means probably that I often chose the most difficult means to achieve what I want.
But this is a very personal and directly related to the current events (as I see it). I felt your interpretations are more deep and thorough.

Doug, your thought about my strolling along, the poor family and the one person making the difference, is right on about the situation in my family. My family has always been poor, and I am the person who has achieved a good position and income, and the one my family looks to for advice. I also appreciate your suggestion on unleashing the goddess so that I could help the others more. This may be another way of Carlos’ view of “moving onward a new way of being”.

Carlos, thank you for looking at the big picture. I can see how I have evolved and grown up in these years, more and more resembling to a woman and more aware about my mother potential, despite not having a child yet. I am enjoying this process of awakening, although it creates fear.

Thank you both for very helpful and insightful interpretations,

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

i think you have touched on something here with your husband-to-be's family. They could be represented by the asian family, as well as as an aspect of yourself that you are outgrowing. they inadvertantly could be bringing up older notions of how to behave, or think. THese ideas you now find unpalatable.

The asian coming with the cooked chicken (which could represent fears you had, and motherhood) is an aspect of you offering a different to nurture the spirit and to nurture your life and take it in. This way you find more palatable. You are developing, maturing, something that wasn't developed before.

To cook something, is to add science, art, and technique to it. It is what makes use humans. When we hunger we don't just grab an animal and eat it raw. We bake it; we sautee it; we make a stew out of it. We add our human know how to it. And this may be what you are suggesting in the dream: you are not going to fear impulsively and let that dictate your actions; and you are not going to venture into motherhood impulsively. You are going to add your human know how to the issues, emotions, and urges, you are mastering.

so whether the people eating raw rice are an aspect of deep seated internal urges within you, or whther they are your fiance's family's irrational behavior, what you are doing is maintaining your enlightened way of being, and continuing to climb higher in the evolutionary stage of your humanity.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present