Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cleaning corner and walking down the stairs

Last night's dream: In this big hall there are a lot of guests and more are coming. Out of a corner I am taking out a bunch of old stuff: bags, cables, I don't know what else. They are a dusty mess. My grandmother (from my mother's side, the one that is still alive), comes to help me. I get some spray and cloth to start cleaning these things.

Next, I am in a wedding dress. People come and greet me as they leave. The brother-in-law's wife is standing by me with some other women. A white and short haired woman of late 60s, comes to greet me and says that I should not worry because there are many cases of couples trying to have a child and not having one in the first year. I got angry at her comment and turned to my brother-in-law's wife ready to accuse her about spreading the word around. She (the brother's wife) and the other women left in a hurry, but I followed them and reached them while climbing some stairs. Why did you skip away? I asked. One of the women said: well it's true...we really leaved fast.
I saw the women disappear, and I had to take the stone stairs to get down again. The stairs were narrow and blocked with cushions that I had to remove. At some point, it became impossible to walk down. Suddenly I see a small, open elevator that was sent to me. I get on it and start going down. The guardian of this elevator was an old man who greeted me with a smile when I reached the ground. Then I started walking again.

would appreciate your thoughts on this,

Thanks

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: cleaning corner and walking down the stairs

Despite you desiring to move to a new sense of being and life, you are distracted and concerned with the past.

You have some concern that this new life may not bare fruit and that it will take work. You seem to have your doubts about your future in-laws as well.

The dream seems to say that you feel that the way to overcome this is to chase away these concerns: address them, meet them head on. But then you return to base feelings, which give you comfort.

DO you feel you are rushing something?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Carlos,
all your assumptions make sense to me. And the answer to your question whether I am rushing something, is I don't know. I look at the past less than I used to do before, but I am still connected with what happened to me earlier in life. And I continue to have a sense of doubt on whether marrying this man and becoming part of his family is the right decision. I also fear bearing a child and I fear it won't happen and it will be a huge delusion for both. I don't trust my in laws, especially the woman in the dream.

Anyway, my base feelings give me comfort as you say, and what has changed with time, is exactly this: I am more able to recognize my feelings and calm myself down.

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Carlos,

All your arguments make sense to me. I am still connected to the earlier events in my life, and until lately I had doubts on whether I should marry the man I am with. Right now, I have no doubts about the marriage-to-be. I fear that I won’t have a child, and I fear bearing a child. Maybe I’m not ready yet to be a mother. It is true though, that I have learned to recognize my fears and try to reach my comfortable “basement”.

Thanks

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

acknowledging your feelings and past is a good step to take. Sometimes negative events in the past mold our personality if they go un cknowledged and are allowed to find a corner in our psyche to exist.

Cleaning out these episodes and influences is a positive step to take. What needs to happen is that you need to realize that the negative events don't make you who you are. you make yourself.

For example( and this is a random example not what I think has happened to you):
Say a father seperates from his family and never gares to look after his child. Some children will internalize this and feel worthless through out there lives. THis will cause them to make bad personal decisions in their romantic life. But, if they realize that their father's decision is not something that they should internalize in that way, and realize they are not worthless, they can make better decisions.

So, yes acknowledge the feelings; but don't let the events come to rule you, or undermine you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present