Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turtle/tortoise

This was the dream of a MALE friend of mine who is 24....

He dreamt that he had four turtles that he was putting into a bucket of water in order to cook and eat later on....

The number 4, perhaps, represents wholeness....; what about the turtle and the water...and what about these symbols combined? Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Turtle/tortoise

Hi Anna

Turtle/tortoise both possibly reflective of soft vulnerability under a tough shell, does your friend create a tough defensive exterior for fear of being hurt, does he easily let others get close to him, just some ideas to ponder on.

Buckets are usually quite contained vessels water relating to the feeling/emotional self there may be some need to expres himself more go with the flow, four could indiacte wholeness or it could relate to possibly his age when these defensive attitudes first developed just some ideas
good luck marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Anna,
In addition to Marce's insights a few thoughts about your friends dream follow.

Overall the dream could be about creating his signature…a personal distinguishing style recognizable by others as his. Consciously there may be an issue of subtlety – too much or too little personal creativity in the mix.

In the dream a set (number 4) of mutually compatible (turtles, water, bucket together) traits are combined in relation and proportion (bucket) with conviction (knows will cook & eat later).

If this seems to fit with his thoughts the signature may be his individual personality, or maybe his work.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Its certainly not an easy dream to understand. Dreams to me link to short term situations and feelings. They can link to long term things but its best first to seek an ansser within your present state of mind. Its obvious really as dreams pick up on things that are dominating our minds and that maybe some petty official who really annoyed you the day before.

Try associating the dream with things that are fresh in your mind.

Turtles link with water and hence emotion. So are there any stroing emotions present in your life. Was someone very emotional the day before?

A turtle has an outer sheel which is often symbolic of someone who is very defensive. Was there anyone who acted very defensively the day before? What about the day to come - have you been thinking about amnyone who is very defensive emotionally?

In the dream you are putting the turtles in the bucket. I get a feel that you are placing them there temporarily. Was there any situation in real life where you were putting something on hold and that you would DEAL WITH THEM LATER

Thats the sorts of associations that I make in order to understand a dream

-----------------
DREAM DICTIONARY

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Thanks

There are alot of ideas here.....Not sure about his emotional pain...though, like a turtle in a shell, he certainly seems to keep that hidden....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Sydeny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present