Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
voices

Last night I had a dream where I heard voices calling my name. I went outside to see who or what was there, and it was complete fog. As I walked a bit through the fog I happened to trip on a tree stump and went flying on my face. As I got up, I heard the voices again but could not distinguish who they were. I, therefore, went back in the house and fixed myself a cup of tea and was a bit shaken up. Again, the voices were calling my name. I have alot of deceased relatives but could not make out who these voices were? Does anyone have any idea what this dream could mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: voices

well often the house stands for the self in dreams so going outside may imply that you are looking at yourself objectively. Have you been looking at yourself objectively? Dreams can link to lots of things but think about that fog. Could it link to some confusion or unclearness in life in general.

DREAM DICTIONARY

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Connie,
In a Jungian sense the dream could describe the call of Psyche to mobilize one Self for inner Self work. A precursor to venturing previously unknown unconscious, ego conscious’ lack of clarity in this field. This is shown two-fold through dual meaning of symbolism for fog, tree stump, fall
 personal un-individuated Self with un/under developed aspects as stunted or cut off development and source of obstacles
 archetypal, (universal), symbol for conscious dominance of Psyche without integrated unconscious content…the metaphorical meaning of fall of mankind from god’s grace and expulsion from the garden of eden for having knowledge of sin, sin being a duality of conscious and unconscious, man and god, as separate.

The dream denotes ego recognition of sharing in the group of aspects and existence of unconscious, all aspects comprising the Self in totality (return to house, fixed cup of tea). It’s only natural and expected ego is psychologically disturbed by this knowledge because ego would no longer perceive itself alone as totality of Self…welcome to genesis…

As always, a dream interpretation is only a possibility. It is the dreamer that defines and ultimately decodes their dream symbols. Please let me know your thoughts about your dream and interpretation.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I forgot to add...

On a waking level, the dream may describe being secluded or a desire for seclusion from view of others and/or a desire for privacy, for a continuous period of time.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you Kathy and Bobby for your responses..I do believe Kathy that for some reason I am always going back to my past and regret some choices I have made...so maybe that is why I had this dream with the "fog" in it..could be unclear messages from the past hitting me in the belt now in the present..who knows lol!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Connie,

In Addition to the great help you recieved above, I would like to add a few things.

It seems as if the problems that have caused you to feel as if "fell on your face", as the dream imagery depicted run deep into your sub.. that would be the tree stump's roots which run into the earth , although they are dead. So, maybe some vestige of the past still vexes you. The memory of past falls may be causing you to feel bad today.

You are working to alleviate this now. the tea drinking is symbolic of this, but it doesn't seem to be taking effect as something still calls for you and seeks your attention.

the calls could be past issues calling for you today and still vexing you, or it could be that some deep issue needs attention.

and, this also coud be an issue you have under control, just resurfacing for a night in your dreams, for the purpose of venting steam.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Thank you Carlos for your interpretation. Even though I say that I live for today, I still look back at the good ole days...and maybe not so good! The past has a way of haunting each and every one of us whether we want to admit it or not!

Connie,
Examining the past and having regrets are a part of life. In mid life we're given the opportunity to deeply examine past choices, and regrets. If that examination is made with a critical view we come to guilt. When we learn to view the past objectively and with a non judgemental attitude we come to understanding which can lead to liberation.

Ultimately that liberation is living the inner Self in the here and now...life fulfillment on one's own terms.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Thanks Kathy for the message...guess I gotta get liberated real soon lol because this is the way to go according to your message...and why not?

connie,

you might too harsh on yourself. that would be why, although you are trying to calm yourself, you are still hearing the voices in the dream calling to you. the voice may be calling for you to look into yourself and deal with the issue of the past.

Just be kind to yourself as you do this. The real issue, when it comes to falling in life is not that you fell, we are all human and fall. the issue is how do you get up and move on. the memory, and the effects, of something negative can haunt you long after the actual event, and this is what must be overcome. We can be very unjust with ourselves over past issues. Self blame internalized, is a flaw that we can easily overcome by a deep seated desire to live peacefully and harmoniuosly with ourselves, and deep seated and genuine self love.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Thank you Carlos for the interpretation. I have been told before that I am my own worst enemy...so maybe my dream has subconsciously something to do with this?

"Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars; you have a right to be here, and whether or not it is clear to you; no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
'Desiderata' author unknown, found in St. Pauls's church, Baltimore 1692

Yes, the dream seems to be about past issues, long dead, but still having an effect on your thinking process and interfering with you trying to live in peace.
Be kind to yourself. Past falls are a learning process.

the tea drinking and wanting to relax is a positive symbol in the dream.
Another aspect of this dream that we might be missing, is that this calling of your name could be the beginning of the heroes journey. In this case you would be the reluctant hero. You immediately are overcome by your past, and ts lasting self perceptions as to who you are, and what you are capable of.
This journey is a journey into your sub, and it is where you will be challenged to overcome yourself. The tree stump is part of you. It is the lasting memory of the past. It digs deep into your being and causes you to stumble. This act of falling on your face causes you to become introverted, and seek refuge within yourself.
Now the constant call returns to haunt you, and beckons you to take the journey and face your fear.
there is help on this journey. It will come, so long as you truly want to overcome your obstacles: and we all do.
Now you have a cheering section, so fear not.

Thank you Carlos for the message...you are 100% right...I should not fear anything and make my move...the move I want..and it will be done!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present