Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Absence

First let me thank from the bottom of my heart those who have given of themselves in answering the posted dream requests in my absence. I find a true warmth in my soul because of the dedication to the dream you have shown in performing these tasks. Although few will understand the importance of interpreting a dream for a complete stranger, I know it can and does make a difference.

Some may have noticed my absence from the Dream Forum over the past few weeks. This is the first time since I created the Forum that I have not participated in the day to day posts. But this is a different time in my journey, brought about by events that are of life and death.

I have been reassessing my priorities. In July my ex-mother-in-law {Ozina} passed, and with her transition came an end to a phase of my life. She was the grandmother to my son {only child} and mother to my deceased ex-wife {whom I was very close even though we had been divorced for some 20 years}. She also was a living part of my two oldest grand children's lives, we often visited her in her country home {she lives in another Tennessee town than we do}. She was a simple woman, but very wise. And my grandchildren loved visiting. The simple life, the cows, the garden, the country, appealed to them even though they are normal, material driven children of the 21st century. Our visits also kept alive their memories of their Nanna {Susie} whom they loved very much {and she them}. We often visited her grave site, located in a rural setting in the backwoods of Tennessee.

When my ex-wife {Susie} was alive the two of us shared the weekends with these two grandkids {which reinforced the bond between us all}. When she passed in 2003 it created a void. All that was left of the past associations to her was my-ex-mother-in-law. It became a routine of visiting her {with grandkids in tow}. Ozina had lived a hard life, having outlived 5 of her children and having nursed many of her family members when they were in need. She was a tireless caregiver, always thinking of others before herself. She was a true heroine in every sense. She is now at rest.

That phase is now ended. I have spent a lot of time over the past 15 years reflecting on these relationships. If I could go back in time and change things, this is a part of my life I would have done differently. If only. But that is not possible. I can only go forward with the memories.

September 5 was the 4 year anniversary of Susie's passing. Ozina made her transition with a heavy heart, knowing Susie had preceded her and having to endure that pain. Now, as I look back at what was and what should have been, I must re-prioritize the future. I knew this day would come but I never knew exactly how I would respond to it.

The past several weeks have been given to reflection and contemplation. My inner spiritual life has not changed, that is set in stone {Campbell and Jung have provided the knowledge for that}. But my personal life, the direction for which I must decide to proceed is in question. My mind is still not quite clear on this matter.

The many years I have spent creating Myths-Dreams-Symbols have always given me strength to 'confront the dragons'. But now I see the dragon as something greater than my personal life. This past summer in Middle Tennessee has been a summer of record temperatures, well beyond the norm. In the previous 12 years we had 100 degree days 6 times. This summer alone we had 100 degree days 11 times with another 8 days of temperatures of 98/99. Normal day time temperatures on average have been 10-12 degrees above normal. Rainfall is well below normal {we are classifies as a drought area}. And this is indicative of what is transpiring the world over.

Could this be the new mythology

The world is experiencing changes in climate that are undeniable {except for those who possess a bottom line mentality}. Many would call me an alarmist. But the facts are more clear than ever. The science is saying the world is heating up because of man's footprints. All that we know as individuals, all that is experienced as normal could be drastically changing before our very eyes. And although there are many who recognize the dangers, collectively we are doing little about it. Is the planet on the verge of cataclysmic changes that will affect the very fabric of world societies? My feelings are it is. My bones feel the changes that are about.

As I reassess my own personal life, and the loses I have endured over the past few years, I can not help but feel a need to give more in helping transform the mentality toward the plight of the planet. I've lost two people I love most dearly. With my little niche in the world of cyberspace perhaps I need to give more time and space to the loses that may occur in the future that will affect my grand children. I can not change the past but perhaps in a small way I can influence the future. I am giving much thought to the idea of concentrating more on global warming and climate change.

There is yet still another change I must endure in my future. My mother {another heroine for the sacrifices in her life} is in her late 70s. Thankfully she is doing well. But life is ever ending. With great transitions comes reassessments. The heroes of all times have walked this same path. But even with the knowledge of that, it is the personal experience that finally governs our response, and what we do about it.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My Absence

Gerard,
The impact of your absence at the Forum is noticeable and understandable. Commemorating loved ones lost, realization of their lives …the indelible stamp they invest in others…their eternity...bearing on one’s life in ways that could not be fathomed.

The new mythology you mention – and a different consciousness – is unfolding before our collective eyes. It’s apparent in our dream symbols – archetypal AND collective meanings beneath dream symbols are changing. And in noticeable activity spikes on the Forum. A leaving behind of our collective origin being replaced with a head long rush to our collective end, with the changing psychological state becoming evident.

Climate change is upon us perhaps sooner than would normally occur. The effects we can not foresee for we still do not realize the interrelatedness of numerous systems in the largest system, on this large a scale. It’s interesting in the human self celebratory splendor we now require new branches in science like climatology and zoonotics simply to survive extended droughts, massive rainfalls, larger and more frequent storms, and an over abundance of viral diseases jumping species that starting 20 years ago now jumping at not before seen rates. New sciences now necessary due to our own ill thought actions.

Last winter I had an intuition about September 13, 2007. I do not know what is important about this date. Although I have reflected on this the only thing that comes is that some thing will pass, and it may be key to a transformation. Whether this is personal or collective…time will tell.

I appreciate your dedication and kindness in helping me and many, many others who arrive at the Forum seeking first to find meaning in their dreams, only to latter realize what we really sought is to discover the grail…the true essence of one’s life...the Self.

I venture you now know the answer to a question that arose in the past few years…Why you encountered obstacles that prevented you from fulfilling your desire to devote Self to the creative and MDS. You will know what to do when you’re ready.

With hope you return to the Forum when you can. Your guidance is invaluable to many travelers.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present