Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange Dream: Helicopter & Sydney harbour bridge

Very strange dream

I was along Sydney harbour somewhere and a Helicopter was doing repairs to Sydney Harbour Bridge it seemed like it. The helicopter then picked up the whole arche of the bridge….and I thought wow…can the helicopter cope with that? (even though it seems like a bit of a beast of a helicopter) the helicopter had the archers, then all off a sudden started struggling the harbour archers then pulled the helicopter into the water and completely submerged it. But the helicopter then dragged popped back out of the water pulling the archers with it (the propeller’s looked very big and strong) ….it pulled it right out of the water…..but the helicopter still struggled….it tried to rest the archers buy pulling a few tricks….but he didn’t work….and the archers started smashing into the shops around the harbour etc. people started running…I ran into a shop (looked like a newsagent) and realised it was a bad place to go into as it was a dead end. So I ran out again and ran into another corridor which other people were also running through there including a couple of my friends….i almost bumped into a paraplegic person….but I made sure I didn’t as I didn’t want to slow that person down also.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Strange Dream: Helicopter & Sydney harbour bridge

Tom,
On a waking level the dream may be about coming to understand something clearly and distinctly - a growing realization - of consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offense. Observing this ability and/or lack of in others and an inner desire for this person to better utilize a more tactful manner may be stimulus for the dream. And perhaps you attempted to inform them of their behaviour and/or the effects this has on others.

If this interpretation fits, you'll get the Aha! feeling and identify in the days preceeding your dream a situation you witnessed or were involved where a lack of finesse and tact resulted in someone being offended. If this doesn't fit, we'll look at the dream again.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

i could definently do with alot more finesse...i agree with that!......i could be a tad offensive.

so the dream is not as morbid as i thought it may be?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Tom,
Thank you for responding. Well, we've all experienced situations that in hindsight could have been handled better. Been there...

A dreamer's emotions during a dream are very important to interpretation. While dream symbols are metaphorical emotions are literal and help define the symbols. If morbid was felt during the dream, then I'd say the interpretation is way off. If felt on conscious examination of the dream, then interpretation could still be close.

Conscious view of chaos and carnage brought to mind morbid. If the dream were to actually happen in waking life conscious would view it as morbid. But unconscious, where the dreams and symbols originate, has a more fluid meaning not restrained by conscious.

For example, to conscious a helicopter is a helicopter. To unconscious a helicopter is a vast number of things, like mobility, stealth, strength, vertical movement, armament, transport...all the numerous associated functions and attributes. Unconscious chooses a symbol, helicopter, to communicate not the helicopter but a function or attribute of a helicopter. All the dream symbols provide context for the other dream symbols, so we can identify specifically what each symbol means by it's use with other symbols, and then what all the symbols together mean.

As an 'outsider' dream interpreters can look at a dream for possible meaning based on experience and universal meanings of symbols. The dreamer feels if an interpretation is close or not. Using Carl Jung's methodology, it's more often close than not.

The last sentence 'i almost bumped into a paraplegic person….but I made sure I didn’t as I didn’t want to slow that person down also' could indicate a desire to be more considerate of others because this hinders you as much as them.

This was probably more than you wanted to know about dreams...thanks for bearing with this.

And finally, dreams usually have more than one meaning, because unconscious can use one symbol to represent multiple things. As you continue to mull over the dream you may find more meaning to the dream.

Please repsond if you have questions or thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy

You are too good, thankyou for your response and time, it’s definitely appreciated.
I either don’t dream at all, or I go through patches of heavy dreaming……..when I go through these patch’s it actually worry’s me as I wonder if it supposed to mean anything to me, if it is, I would love to know, as I feel it may be important.

I didn’t think it was morbid while I was actually dreaming, I thought it was morbid when I woke up. (Probably due to past experiences in life)

During the dream I did think

- wow look at the strength of that helicopter, but can it actually manage to hold the bridge?
- When it came back out of the water, when it was submerged then came out, it looked very strong (the helicopter) in particular the propellers on top of the helicopter. I thought it was especially strong to actually come out of the water in particular lugging the archers of the Sydney harbour bridge.
- but when I saw the helicopter struggling again, and trying to pull off some moves but couldn’t and the archers started smashing into things and everyone started running (including me) I thought that was chaos.

Any of that make sense?

Tom,
My apologies on the delay here. As does happen work and life can get chaotic here. And sincere thanks for your detailed response. Absolutely makes sense. Because dreams and dream symbols are personal, relate to a persons life, the dreamer is the best interpreter.

The intermittent dream recall may be dependent on the intensity of emotion or action during the dream, which in turn is related to intensity of emotion or actions during waking life. With practice and study of symbols, mythology and dream interpretation/psychology any one can learn to interpret dreams and reveal the meaning behind the symbols. And the meanings are important because they often offer perspectives that we are not conscious so are great tools in life. Myths-Dreams-Symbols site contains a great deal of information on dream interpretation if this interests you.

In both your dream and response strength is a predominant aspect. I would ask rather than strength could the dream refer to determination to do or achieve something. Strength is a factor of determination. The helicopter possesses strength, a requirement for the job, but strength alone is not enough to accomplish the task. The overall theme factoring in strength and struggle would then suggest determination. Although in the dream determination to the end leads to an unexpected outcome. Bridges can symbolize (from Soul Future):
A transition or transitional phase
Moving beyond something without getting emotionally involved
Striking a balance
Rising above a situation, especially an emotional one, building a bridge over troubled water
Overcoming difficulty, pulling things or yourself together, bridging the gap
It may be a play on abridge, suggesting curtailing, ending, summarizing or shortening something

With this perhaps determination to accomplish some task based on strength alone is a source of imbalance and acts as an obstacle to accomplishing what you want. In the end of the dream this ‘news’ is not what you want, and in escaping your concern for well being and safety may show this is paralyzing your actions in some area related to determination.

What do you think?

Again, apologies on the delayed response.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Kathy

firstly no apology needed, i totaly understand how it can get busy. so definently no apology needed.

secondly i must say, you have struck a cord with me, you seem to be understanding what i am saying, and what you are saying makes sence and it is becoming clearer.

would it be possible to reply to your post via an e mail, as my reply now actualy gets a bit personal to me. If not then that is cool also...i will be also happy to continue on this thread

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Tom,
Glad this is striking a cord. Yes, email me at your convenience

K.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present